Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
A few cc members yes.. But when possibly tens of thousands applied through the error link
They have already honored this for targeted members that applied before the correction. Do you honestly believe that tens of thousands of people found this from Flyertalk and a single blog, and applied within the one day window before the retraction went out.

This issue affects several hundred people at most.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They have already honored this for targeted members that applied before the correction. Do you honestly believe that tens of thousands of people found this from Flyertalk and a single blog, and applied within the one day window before the retraction went out.

Correct. Tens of thousand is a ridiculous number. After all it's also a question of eligibility to get approved for the offer.

My best guess is anywhere from 70-200 customers affected by this.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Correct. Tens of thousand is a ridiculous number. After all it's also a question of eligibility to get approved for the offer.

Perhaps those who were targeted yes just a few hundred.

If the definition includes the general public accessing the link, then we are talking multiples to the original problem. We've seen on this thread, examples of those who click on a link that was posted, applied, and was accepted, but only received Platinum status. There are no internal numbers to how many applications were received in this fashion. I'm not one to begin to speculate.

Besides, on my previous post, i mentioned that there is no legal leg to stand on. But if the problem had legal relevance, then Hyatt Gold Passport, can avert liability by recatagorizing its loyalty program. The cost is prohibitive to do this, so the liability would have to be greater than the cost to recatagorize.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

70-200..... But yet 40 pages in a thread

I really can't believe Hyatt/Chase hasn't made a decision on this, offer something, and move on
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by antinseattle
70-200..... But yet 40 pages in a thread

I really can't believe Hyatt/Chase hasn't made a decision on this, offer something, and move on
They have made a decision. For the people who were targeted, they are honoring it. For the people like me who were not targeted but applied before the offer was officially retracted, they are telling us to f* off.

I asked Hyatt nicely at first, then firmly in writing and they clearly have said in writing that they both were in error and that they would not be honoring their terms.

I even filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Chase replied by saying they can't honor it, then tried to rewrite history by claiming the link never even existed. I responded by linking to the blog post that started this all on the record.

Beyond suing them (which is not worth it) there's nothing we can do. They've handled this pretty badly. I don't like it when companies blatantly violate their contracts, but it seems they've realized they can get away with it in this case. If I were them, I would have given some bonus points or simply honored it for the few hundred people and moved on.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by jlflyer
They have made a decision. For the people who were targeted, they are honoring it. For the people like me who were not targeted but applied before the offer was officially retracted, they are telling us to f* off.

I asked Hyatt nicely at first, then firmly in writing and they clearly have said in writing that they both were in error and that they would not be honoring their terms.

I even filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Chase replied by saying they can't honor it, then tried to rewrite history by claiming the link never even existed. I responded by linking to the blog post that started this all on the record.

Beyond suing them (which is not worth it) there's nothing we can do. They've handled this pretty badly. I don't like it when companies blatantly violate their contracts, but it seems they've realized they can get away with it in this case. If I were them, I would have given some bonus points or simply honored it for the few hundred people and moved on.
What were you expecting? For them to give you Diamond status when you didn't deserve it? You weren't even in the group that was erroneously targeted. They honored it for those people, which is a pretty generous gesture. It's like everyone wants a free ride because Chase/Hyatt made an error.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
What were you expecting? For them to give you Diamond status when you didn't deserve it? You weren't even in the group that was erroneously targeted. They honored it for those people, which is a pretty generous gesture. It's like everyone wants a free ride because Chase/Hyatt made an error.
I don't see your logic in claiming that I "didn't deserve it." They offered a contract, I fulfilled the terms on my end. They failed to fulfill their end. That's all. This isn't a matter of "deserving" or other philosophical concepts.

You can argue that they didn't mean to offer it. The facts are, that they did offer it. Perhaps you missed the part where I said I applied before the offer was retracted?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I don't see your logic in claiming that I "didn't deserve it." They offered a contract, I fulfilled the terms on my end. They failed to fulfill their end. That's all. This isn't a matter of "deserving" or other philosophical concepts.

You can argue that they didn't mean to offer it. The facts are, that they did offer it. Perhaps you missed the part where I said I applied before the offer was retracted?
So you have the offer in your email?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
No, it was an offer landing page. I assume you've checked it out, right? It's still active. There's certainly grey area with the offer, but all I was doing here was communicating what's been happening since other people were asking for updates.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They sent the offer from their website, which specifies numerous times, even in the fine print, Diamond status for as long as one remains a card holder, with no limitations for eligibility.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
And the offer is customized for each individual who receives the email as evidenced by the name, gold passport #, and point balance fields.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the offer is customized for each individual who receives the email as evidenced by the name, gold passport #, and point balance fields.
You mean like this?

http://ebm.e.hyatt.com/c/tag/hBShOWd...26EMAIL%3Dsant
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
No, it was an offer landing page. I assume you've checked it out, right? It's still active. There's certainly grey area with the offer, but all I was doing here was communicating what's been happening since other people were asking for updates.
This offer landing page? That belongs to Santa Claus with GP# G88888888C and 999,999 GP Points?

So did you get one with your name? or did you apply as Santa Claus? Sorry to break it to you, but Santa Claus is not real.

http://ebm.e.hyatt.com/c/tag/hBShOWd...%3D999%252C999
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fishy21
This offer landing page? That belongs to Santa Claus with GP# G88888888C and 999,999 GP Points?

http://ebm.e.hyatt.com/c/tag/hBShOWd...%3D999%252C999
Where does it say that the offer is specifically for this person?

Where does it say that the offer is nontransferable?

And why did people get accepted for and receive this credit card even when they clearly were not this person?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Yeah and how did you get the page to do that? By manipulating the parameters in the private url to remove the targeted users information. So either 1. you applied using someone else's link that had their information on it or 2. you "hacked" the link to remove the targeted users information.

People can make all kinds of crazy claims, but we all know the likely truth...it should have been clear this was a targeted offer that wasn't open to the general public, but people saw Lifetime Diamond and got greedy and tried to get an offer that wasn't offered to them. We all wish we received that offer, but claiming you're entitled to compensation for applying for an targeted private offer that you didn't actually receive is not going to get a lot of sympathy from many of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.