FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:56 pm
fishy21

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by jlflyer
They have made a decision. For the people who were targeted, they are honoring it. For the people like me who were not targeted but applied before the offer was officially retracted, they are telling us to f* off.

I asked Hyatt nicely at first, then firmly in writing and they clearly have said in writing that they both were in error and that they would not be honoring their terms.

I even filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Chase replied by saying they can't honor it, then tried to rewrite history by claiming the link never even existed. I responded by linking to the blog post that started this all on the record.

Beyond suing them (which is not worth it) there's nothing we can do. They've handled this pretty badly. I don't like it when companies blatantly violate their contracts, but it seems they've realized they can get away with it in this case. If I were them, I would have given some bonus points or simply honored it for the few hundred people and moved on.
What were you expecting? For them to give you Diamond status when you didn't deserve it? You weren't even in the group that was erroneously targeted. They honored it for those people, which is a pretty generous gesture. It's like everyone wants a free ride because Chase/Hyatt made an error.