Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2002, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Truthfully I have had better experiences with Waikiki than the Grand in HKG. After about 6 stays in HKG (Grand), I've never had an upgrade to Regency Club (access yes), and never a swop from Garden to River view.

I now book a river view non-RC and just ask for a key at checkin. I.e. I get what I pay for.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 11:27 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Car Service for Grand Club at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

We head to the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong on Wednesday. Am I correct that they will send a car for me at the airport to pick us up from our flight??? Can I call Diamond line to make this reservation for a car for me?

Any other HK suggestions???

------------------
Boulder, Colorado ~ United Premier Exec, USAirways Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, American Executive Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Continental Gold
Old Jun 22, 2002, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
I am sure you can arrange a car. I travel to the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong 4 to 6 times a year. I always take the airport train to the Hong Kong station and a taxi to the hotel. This method easy, seamless and quick.

I you really want a hotel car. You can arrange it via the goldpassport reservation desk.

The train cost $100HK/ person ~$13US and the taxi will run $20HK + $5HK/large bag. If you are going to be using the MTR or KCR get an octopus card.

Enjoy the Grand Club!

Old Jun 22, 2002, 5:02 pm

They will arrange a car for you, but you have to pay for it.

I wouldn't miss taking the express train in HKG .. it's really amazingly well-done, with the train station right in the airport terminal, and no stairs or grade changes to deal with on either end. When you arrive at HKG station, the taxis are literally right there for the short ride to the hotel, and they have people to help with baggage on both ends of the ride. Forget any other cities airport trains .. you haven't seen what it should be until you try this one.

On the airport side, there are ATM machines adjacent to the train station that you can use to get currency for the ticket machines.

Try to make sure that they give you a harbor view room, enjoy the best club lounge in the system and have a great time.

From the hotel, you can walk over to the ferry station to Kowloon. When you get on the main street over there, you'll see a Starbucks on the left hand side of the street. That building also houses a multi-level department store where we found tons of nice stuff on sale at very good prices. Take the escalator up a level or two, and you'll find the stuff, including silk and other material.

-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 06-22-2002).]
Old Jun 23, 2002, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Not sure what you are into but you might want to checkout some of the following:

Grand Hyatt stuff

Harbour View is a must. Ask for a room that has a partial Island view, better because you can avoid the roof of the Convention center and see the light on the Island.
Better yet use 6K points to get a 10 series executive suite (well worth the points)
Enjoy the DVD collection at the Grand Club. Checkout DVD’s and view in your room.
Bring a bathing suite and enjoy the pool! (MUST)

Site seeing

Go see the Buddha on Lantau Island. (take new MTR line to Tung Chung, then bus to Monastery. Check out fishing village on return bus ride.
Hike some, or all of the Hong Kong trail (at least section 1)
Visit the peek day and night.
Sit at the harbour wall on Kowloon side and enjoy the view of Island at night.
Take to star ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui (easier than MTR from Grand Hyatt)

Shopping

Temple street market (night market) – Near Jordan Road MTR
If you like computers, software, copy DVD & VCD go to the Golden Shopping Center at Sham Shui Po (MTR stop) easy to find.
Check out shopping at Causeway Bay

Food

Restaurants at the hotel are quite good but expensive ~$50US-100US/person. One Harbour Road is very good. Try the Mango pudding for dessert. (Skip the grand café for Dinner, unless they have there big buffet (if you eat buffet food))
Eat some good Indian food. I like Gaylord’s in Tsim Sha Tsui
Eat seafood on Lama Island

Other
Day trip to china
Night life in Lan Kuan Fong

Old Jun 23, 2002, 10:03 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Thanks so much for ALL of your input. I love that about this site.

My husband has been to HKG on business and he totally agrees to your recommendations!!!

Given that I was a swimmer, I don't leave home without a suit... What is the pool like? My husband stayed at the Regent (Inter-Continental) on his business trip and they have one of those pools that appears to overflow off the ledge...

I would love any other recommendations for shopping (my favorite pastime...especially Tommy Bahama for the heat!), eating (why I will never be a size zero again!), and of course travel!

Thank you again!!!
Old Jun 23, 2002, 11:58 pm

Hong Kong is a shoppers paradise. You'll have a great time. Enjoy.

We never did make it to the pool while we were there.

-David

Old Jun 24, 2002, 7:49 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
On my recent trip to HKG & the Grand Hyatt, I took the MTR from the aiport and had a 'return ticket'. When I was checking out of the hotel, I was ask if I wanted to use the hotel car service back to the airport. It would be 15 HKG dollars, which was about the same as a taxi to the MTR & the MTR to the airport, but a lot easier! I too agree with all the recommendations, go for the RC-even if your room isn't on the floor, you'll have access to it and the food/views are incredible. It is possibly the best RC club (or in the top 3) in the world (IMHO)
Old Jun 24, 2002, 3:49 pm

Do they allow access to the RC if you are on "free" nights (GP, FFN, NAN)?
Old Jan 15, 2003, 12:54 am

Grand Hong Kong?

Any experiences with this hotel? Planning a stay there on tuesday, and called and was told they are very slow, however the res. agent advised it is very unlikely to be offered a significant upgrade. If I pay for standard Garden View, I get upgraded to City Harbour View. Are they very conservative with upgrades? I am a Diamond.

[This message has been edited by MaisonUnitas (edited 01-15-2003).]
Old Jan 15, 2003, 2:55 pm

please be aware that the hotel is currently being renovated - the 11th floor is being turned into a spa and one of the pools and part of the garden area have been torn out. you can hear construction noise during the day, although i was told that the loud construction should end in january. the renovations, however, will continue through august.

they have finished the renovations in the suites in the grand club.

[This message has been edited by miki13331 (edited 01-15-2003).]
Old Jan 16, 2003, 12:15 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Based on my experiences at this hotel (four award stays) I've always been given an upgrade to a RC harbor view room. I think if you're paying for the room, you should have no problem.

You may want to call the hotel and let them know this is important to you before you get there -- they might even pre-block for you.

KV
Old Jan 18, 2003, 3:17 pm

Completely agree with KV.

Here is our ONE story about GH HK. We stayed 3 nights, first paid, next two FFN. They didn't put the two reservations together and fought us (very little).

They said our choice was either stay on the RC level for one night and then switch OR stay all three nights on lower level Harbour with RC Access. We chose the second.

Major reason, it was the 5th anniversary of the HK independence and they sold out and closed the RC to all other guest except a fe major VIP. They relocated the RC to the 5th floor...
Old May 29, 2003, 12:29 am

Presidential Suite, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Anyone stayed at Presidential suite of GH Hong Kong before? Because of poor business w/ SARS situation here, GH is offering all suites at 50% off (for local residents only). This makes the Presidential suite about HKD 14,000 (USD 1,800). Worth it?

Wonder with my Diamond Status, what other benefits would I get?????
Old May 29, 2003, 8:49 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Any idea how long the RC at the Grand Hyatt will be closed? In all honesty, their RC is the main reason I choose this hotel over others in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.