Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I'm here for one night as a "refugee" from a cancelled JL flight, so I'm not footing the bill. However, I showed my DM card and was offered the amenity. I thought the common areas looked pretty nice, but scratch a bit under the surface and the 70's Hyatt look is still there.

Rooms are fine, nothing special, not loud. I'd rate the rooms as average for a US Hyatt property. With any luck I'll get the stay credit (which I'm probably not entitled to). That would be nice for requalification.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some travel companions had an unusual experience recently at this property. One party with no status booked at same rate checked in at the kiosk (a few minutes after making the booking) and was upgraded to a ground level one-bedroom suite. The other party, a Platinum, checked in at the kiosks just minutes before and made the booking about an hour before check-in was not upgraded other than to be placed on a high floor.

I use this property a lot, but then again how couldn't I when earning 8,500+ GoldPassport points per single-night stay when including bonuses.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Has anyone tried to stay more than 5 times on the 5K bonus? I exhausted all my stays doing FFN runs, but thought sometimes they might slip up and still give you the bonus...anyone try this?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I use this property a lot, but then again how couldn't I when earning 8,500+ GoldPassport points per single-night stay when including bonuses.
I assume that you are aware that th "NEW" bonus is limited to a maximum of 25,000 and has and expiration date later this year
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I assume that you are aware that th "NEW" bonus is limited to a maximum of 25,000 and has and expiration date later this year
Yes, and also aware of combining points with another account when redeemed toward an award.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Has anyone tried to stay more than 5 times on the 5K bonus? I exhausted all my stays doing FFN runs, but thought sometimes they might slip up and still give you the bonus...anyone try this?
I just found out today that I made 6 stays here and not 5 So I can say that they do keep track and 25,000 is the max for NEW.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Thanks for passing this information along...saved me some time and money...sorry for your experience!
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbbb
I just found out today that I made 6 stays here and not 5 So I can say that they do keep track and 25,000 is the max for NEW.
Did your folio at any time indicate S6 in the bonus fields? Just curious if it was ever there in the first place or removed. Either way 25,000 in bonuses from NEW/S6 per account is plenty rich for me.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:21 pm

Did your folio at any time indicate S6 in the bonus fields? Just curious if it was ever there in the first place or removed. Either way 25,000 in bonuses from NEW/S6 per account is plenty rich for me.
I called the Diamond line and they could not get the 5000 to post. They started looking at my account and saw that this was my 6th stay there. My first stay there was 3 pages back and I did not look that far back when I looked to count my stays for Ohare.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbbb
I called the Diamond line and they could not get the 5000 to post. They started looking at my account and saw that this was my 6th stay there. My first stay there was 3 pages back and I did not look that far back when I looked to count my stays for Ohare.
Thanks for the info. I am not surprised that Hyatt can't or won't add it in, as the promotion clearly indicated 5 stay maximum for this bonus.

Did S6 ever show up on your printed folio slipped under the door?

I know that for non-Diamonds even when the Diamond amenity bonus was added and even showed up on the printed folios slipped under the door it still wouldn't post automatically and wouldn't generally be added in by GoldPassport reps later.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:16 pm

Did S6 ever show up on your printed folio slipped under the door?
I did not get a folio under my door and was running too late to stop at the desk, so I don't know.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I was at HR O'Hare a few days ago and the folio showed S6, G2, W1 and UA (?). However, since I'm only platinum W1 didn't post to my account today. I know I'm not entitled to it but do you guys think that I may luck out and get 1,000 pts bonus if I call the CS? As far as UA code, I was told that it adds, I believe, 300 United Mileage Plus miles to regular 500 miles. Can anyone confirm this?

BTW the stay was OK although I couldn't get the room temperature to come under 75 and that was just too hot for me to sleep comfortably. When I opened the window the draft was so strong and the hollowing so loud that I had to immediately close it (executive tower).
Old Dec 6, 2007, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by todorovic
I was at HR O'Hare a few days ago and the folio showed S6, G2, W1 and UA (?). However, since I'm only platinum W1 didn't post to my account today. I know I'm not entitled to it but do you guys think that I may luck out and get 1,000 pts bonus if I call the CS?
No, some hotels just enter all possible codes (I've seen G1 G2 and G3 at the same time on my folio) but only the relevant ones will post.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: AGR WOH
Recently did a FFN run there and my thoughts were similar to pdx42's. (Except for the "why bother with points?" thought -- this one stay didn't just get me to a very early flight on time, it also gets me two more expensive Hyatt stays for free.)

Yep, the "executive tower" is just a name for one quadrant of the hotel. These Portman hotels (I've stayed in half a dozen now, wrote a paper on him for an architectural history class...) are so rigidly symmetrical that there's no good system for directing guests between the various elevator banks. The Bonaventure uses colors, which is the best system I've seen. I will say that the public spaces here manage to look both fresh and in keeping with the Portman look -- the best update of a Portman atrium that I've seen so far.

I thought "oh, I've seen it from the Blue Line a hundred times, it must be easy to walk" -- forgetting that Rosemont is completely unwalkable. (In fact, millions of dollars were wasted a while ago paying Raytheon to examine building a mini-monorail to get people around Rosemont.)

Other observations:
- I dunno what people (besides Mr. Pillows, of course) do with eight pillows.
- The front desk staffer was very courteous and professional.
- I wasn't even aware that there was a gym until I left; the guest services book doesn't mention one, only that the concierge can bring exercise equipment to your room. Odd.
- The Minneapolis hotel suffers from the opposite: the rooms are fine, but the public spaces aren't.

Originally Posted by pdx42
I'm directed to the 'Executive Floor' which sounds nice - but in reality is the annex of the hotel. The directions are sort of confusing - but essentially don't get on the elevators. Just sort of keep walking and following the signs...

The Hyatt's [ORD/MSP] are both four star hotels - that offer less at higher prices. The others are 2/2.5 star hotels - that offer more at a lower rate. I didn't get any 'points' or 'status', but I saved a bundle.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just returned from a conference at this hotel. There were almost 1,000 consultants from my firm at the hotel. I have no status with Hyatt and figured that a lot of my peers probably did have status and hence I would receive one of the crappy pod rooms. I was shocked when I got to this hotel Sunday night. The public spaces are beautiful and the shuttle bus from the airport was full. I fully expected to have to wait in a long line, but was pleased to see all the self service machines. I was assigned a one bedroom suite in the executive wing. Loved the bed and the pillows. 6 pillows was a bit excessive but still a nice touch. I didn't have any problems with noise and I thought the hotel did a great job managing people who all had to be at the same place at the same time.

My first choice for an ORD hotel is still the Hilton simply because it means I don't have to take a shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport. The Hyatt has improved from it's sorry state a few years ago. I would definitely put this on my list of "I'm trapped at ORD for the night and need a place to stay."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.