Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2001, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist

Easter weekend I will be in Cincinnatti, and as a Diamond Hyatt & Platinum SPG I thought I'd use one of their properties. I checked the seach and found no comments on Hyatts property. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or recomendations. We'll be flying into Cincinnatti & then driving down to Keenland Ky. but figured we would stay the 2 nights in CVG.
Old Mar 17, 2001, 1:38 pm

Location: CLT, NC USA - US Chairman's, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold Five-Star
The Hyatt in Cincinnati is very very average. I would recommend the Cincinnatian. Westin is on par with the Hyatt. Keeneland is a blast.
Originally posted by mauld:
Easter weekend I will be in Cincinnatti, and as a Diamond Hyatt & Platinum SPG I thought I'd use one of their properties. I checked the seach and found no comments on Hyatts property. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or recomendations. We'll be flying into Cincinnatti & then driving down to Keenland Ky. but figured we would stay the 2 nights in CVG.
Old Mar 17, 2001, 7:40 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, average!

Good location generally!

Ask for river view room!

Decent pool/gym to!

You may also want to try the Cincinnatian Hotel, over on Vine, as its probably the best place in town!
Old Mar 17, 2001, 9:01 pm

If your traveling with kids I would recommend the Westin. At check-in if you ask for a kids pack, they wil give you all kids of fun stuff for the kids, toys, soaps, coloring books and even a nightlight. We were just there in Novemebr. Very impressed. The rooms were pretty nice too.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Sorry to be misunderstood, but I was more concerned about the treatment I could expect as a Diamond. I am writing this at the Grand Hyatt in Atanta where I was given an 'OK' room-- not non the Club floor- but with Club access. In Cincinnati, I will be travelling with my husband, and hoping for some 'extra' treatment. Is the hotel anything special, or should I go for the Westin (where I'm equally a Platinum).??
Old Mar 18, 2001, 6:32 pm

In that case, choose the lowest rate and use the difference to have some fun. There isn't much real difference between the two propertiesm, and neither is heads and shoulders above the other.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 6:51 pm

Much more on the casual side:

1. Skyline Chili, a local delicacy.
2. Montgomery Inn, ribs, ribs, ribs.
3. Graeter's, best ice cream in the world, IMHO.

Also, if its nice out, the Cincinnati Zoo is terrific, consistently rate among the top couple of zoos in the US.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Miserable experience with Cincinnati Hyatt

I am in Cincinnati for The American Physical Therapy Asociation. Reservations made with Official Housing Beureau. Checke in yesterday....guess what..no room

I know of at least 8 people who had the same experience.

So what? No big deal, we have all been walked in our travelling lives. WWWWEEELLLLL!!! it seems that we all misteriously called the Hyatt directly and cancelled our reservations on May 31st at 7:59PM. Bull KAKA.

This hotel wanted rooms for St Louis Baseball Team, in town to play the Reds. We were lied to.

If you take my room away from me (I am in hotels 200+ nights a year) at least tell me the truth. You overbooked and I was screwed. Dont have the chutzpah to tell me I cancelled my reservation for a major Association meeting.

No wonder downtown Cincinnati is DEAD!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2002, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickyD:
I hope you are writing letters to the Hotel Manager and to Marriot Corporate about this...</font>
June 7, 2002

Mr. Scott Miller
President
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
200 West Madison
Chicago, Illinois 60606

Dear Mr. Miller,

I am writing you to express my great dissatisfaction with your Cincinnati Hyatt Regency property.

My company made reservations for several of us with the Housing Bureau for The American Physical Therapy Association on May 14,2002. My confirmation number (for June 4-7) was **********.

On finding that the exhibition hall opened late, we elected to change our reservations to arrive on the 5th. Since the cut off for the Housing Bureau had passed, I called the Cincinnati location directly and changed the reservation to arrive on the 5th. The new confirmation number reflecting the change was ********.

When I arrived at your property on the 5th, the clerk at check-in immediately told me that he would have to get the manager. Front Office Manager ********* ****** came out and told me that I was a “no-show” on the 4th. After much fumbling through his computer, he finally “found” ******** and said that “yes it was changed from the 4th to the 5th, but I had called at 7:59PM on the 31st and changed it back. This was not true.

Nothing close to the Convention Center was found and I elected to drive back home and commute daily.

Mr. Miller, here is where this gets interesting and this is why I am writing you. The same thing happened to my associate, **** *********. The same thing happened to at least eight other people that I personally spoke to at the convention (and more from second hand stories).

I am a very seasoned traveler. I am out well over 200 nights a year (90% with Hilton). I stay at Hyatts only when convention places me there so I know that I am not important to you in the overall scheme of things. I have been closed out of oversold hotels and flights many times. Every time that it occurred, I received an apology and we moved on.

I do not like being lied to! Mr. ****** had the audacity to try and place the blame on me. I believe, as do most of the people that I spoke to, that The St. Louis Cardinals needed rooms and we were bumped. If so, bump me. Do not give me some cock and bull story about mysteriously changing reservations. (Every one of us received the same lame excuse—In fact, the exact time of changing reservations.)

This is not an acceptable way to handle customers. You are the President of Hyatt Hotels and Resorts and you should know what is happening to give your company a black eye. I hope that this is not the norm with your company.

My company and I will look long and hard at future stays at Hyatt properties.

Sincerely,

cc: Mr. Scott Allen

A.P.T.A.

The Greater Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau

Old Jun 9, 2002, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Regency Club in Cincinnati Questions

How is the Regency Club in the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Food? Drinks? Is it open/available on Weekends? Appreciate any info you can provide.
Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:55 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
I'm no Hyatt fan by any means, but something doesn't seem right. Why would someone at the property change those reservations, knowing the plausability of 8 people all changing their plans to be a long shot? Sounds like more of an error....a typical reservation system would ask for a reason for a cancel. Maybe just a human error? Who knows....I doubt that someone at the property would cancel a number of reservations to accommodate the Cardinals....more typically (and more logically) they would call the guests in advance and pre-walk if they are oversold, particularly with a high profile group....An obvious lie would be both stupid as well as bad sense.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I stayed there about 3 weeks ago. Got a survey in which I answered truthfully about the restaurant there.

The manager of the restaurant has called twice now to apologize. I'll try to let you know how it works out.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rrz518:
I'm no Hyatt fan by any means, but something doesn't seem right. Why would someone at the property change those reservations, knowing the plausability of 8 people all changing their plans to be a long shot? Sounds like more of an error....a typical reservation system would ask for a reason for a cancel. Maybe just a human error? Who knows....I doubt that someone at the property would cancel a number of reservations to accommodate the Cardinals....more typically (and more logically) they would call the guests in advance and pre-walk if they are oversold, particularly with a high profile group....An obvious lie would be both stupid as well as bad sense.</font>
rrz,

Since last week, I have learned of at least 6-10 more people who lost rooms. We are not a small group and we all talk to each other.

The joke is that in our industry segment, if someone farts on the west coast-we smell it on the east coast.

So what ever Hyatt did, everyone in the industry knows.

And downtown Cincinnati is begging for business.

Go figure

[This message has been edited by mikey1003 (edited 06-11-2002).]
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:12 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Not really suprised you had a problem at that location. I stayed there in April, the front desk staff was really bad... was suppose to have a "business room", nope, std king - can't they even read my reservation right. I went back down and said, not the right one, oh by the way I'm suppose to be upgraded (had a coupon in my res for Regency Club ugd) ...anything else you can do for me... No, nothing available... sold out" Since they treated me so good, I called Hyatt and asked reservations about occupancy and guess what! Miracle of miracles...they had Regency Club rooms... had to go back down (elevators there are the slowest in the world) and get another key. The front desk clerk, just handed me my keys and said "here you go" no apolog or nothing.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today, 6-19-02, received call from very friendly customer service rep. She said hotel manager is on vecation and will let me know what she finds out as soon as he is back.

She was concerned thatchanges were made and that we were not "walked"

Will keep you informed.

[This message has been edited by mikey1003 (edited 06-19-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.