FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 7, 2002, 5:10 pm
mikey1003
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickyD:
I hope you are writing letters to the Hotel Manager and to Marriot Corporate about this...</font>
June 7, 2002

Mr. Scott Miller
President
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
200 West Madison
Chicago, Illinois 60606

Dear Mr. Miller,

I am writing you to express my great dissatisfaction with your Cincinnati Hyatt Regency property.

My company made reservations for several of us with the Housing Bureau for The American Physical Therapy Association on May 14,2002. My confirmation number (for June 4-7) was **********.

On finding that the exhibition hall opened late, we elected to change our reservations to arrive on the 5th. Since the cut off for the Housing Bureau had passed, I called the Cincinnati location directly and changed the reservation to arrive on the 5th. The new confirmation number reflecting the change was ********.

When I arrived at your property on the 5th, the clerk at check-in immediately told me that he would have to get the manager. Front Office Manager ********* ****** came out and told me that I was a “no-show” on the 4th. After much fumbling through his computer, he finally “found” ******** and said that “yes it was changed from the 4th to the 5th, but I had called at 7:59PM on the 31st and changed it back. This was not true.

Nothing close to the Convention Center was found and I elected to drive back home and commute daily.

Mr. Miller, here is where this gets interesting and this is why I am writing you. The same thing happened to my associate, **** *********. The same thing happened to at least eight other people that I personally spoke to at the convention (and more from second hand stories).

I am a very seasoned traveler. I am out well over 200 nights a year (90% with Hilton). I stay at Hyatts only when convention places me there so I know that I am not important to you in the overall scheme of things. I have been closed out of oversold hotels and flights many times. Every time that it occurred, I received an apology and we moved on.

I do not like being lied to! Mr. ****** had the audacity to try and place the blame on me. I believe, as do most of the people that I spoke to, that The St. Louis Cardinals needed rooms and we were bumped. If so, bump me. Do not give me some cock and bull story about mysteriously changing reservations. (Every one of us received the same lame excuse—In fact, the exact time of changing reservations.)

This is not an acceptable way to handle customers. You are the President of Hyatt Hotels and Resorts and you should know what is happening to give your company a black eye. I hope that this is not the norm with your company.

My company and I will look long and hard at future stays at Hyatt properties.

Sincerely,

cc: Mr. Scott Allen

A.P.T.A.

The Greater Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau