Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 10:02 am

Have anybody stayed at this property recently? This thread has not been updated in over a year and tripadvisor.com reviews are not very promissing.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Have anybody stayed at this property recently? This thread has not been updated in over a year and tripadvisor.com reviews are not very promissing.
Post 45 is about 5 mos old. I haven't been there lately probably in about 2wks to round out my Possibilities promo.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Post 45 is about 5 mos old. I haven't been there lately probably in about 2wks to round out my Possibilities promo.
oops.You are correct. Have not noticed while was browsing on my phone. Thought it was posted long time ago.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
stayed there recently.
those TVs are gotta go...not sure if they have any plans to update them, but I felt like I'm back in 1990.
- there was some loud party at the room next to mine, had to call front desk, and security supposedly came up and knocked on their door. no sorry for me, nor no any kind of compensation for waking me up from the hotel - not kind of treatment I expected from Hyatt. I wouldnt ask for anything, but I'd say hotel should have offered something. last time it happened to me at the W Hollywood - they comped the parking.
- was overcharged for room service, though the food was good;
- promises for the manager to contact me havent been fulfilled, had to call myself again and leave a voicemail. he got back to me shortly.
- at the check out, turned out that complimentary breakfast (due to non-existant RC) is only provided to the diamond member, and not to his party. never had any issues before - hyatts always comped the breakfast for me and my other half. it was sorted out after some arguing.
- internet charges had to be removed manually of course - all of them showed up on the bill under the door.

Check in girl was really nice, but everything else about the hotel was rather a disappointment. while no serious issues, but small ones do leave the mark on a stay. most likely not going back, unless I have no other choice.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Mini review

I stayed 1 night on 8/20/11.

Overview:
This hotel is aging like many other HR. Hotel has not done recent renovation like other many other Hyatt Regency hotels. Like other said, the TV got to go.

Hotel location is good which is at center of downtown area and is part of the downtown Skyway. Close by many retailers- Saks/Macys. Access to downtown Skywalk from the 2nd floor.
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...walkmap01.html

Parking:
Parking garage (Town Place Parkgin) can enter from behind the main hotel entrance. Access to Hyatt via Skywalk on 2nd floor. Short 5 minutes walk.
Parking on weekend $5/12 hours $15/12-24 hours. Not sure weekday rates.

Checkin:
Only 2 people were at front desk around 10:30PM. Waiting about 5 minutes. Got a room on 20th flr but did not get a "view room" with river view. 2PM late checkout offered.

Diamond Member treatment:
Diamond offered points but did not provide an diamond amenity sheet.
Breakfast at 2nd floor. Price is $16.99 buffet/pp but tip is not included. Food selection is similar to other HR. Service is average.
Internet access is $9.99/24 hrs but was told to charge to the room and will remove from bill. Did not appear on the final bill
Suite upgrade requested - but was told no suites are available. I booked this hotel a day earlier that shows suite e-upgrade was available for $75. Got a room on 20th flr but did not get a "view room" with river view.
No newspaper. The cleaning people was knocking on doors around 9:30AM on Sunday.

Overall Impression:
Not impressed but acceptable if needs to stay at Cincinnati downtown. Room is clean and reasonably quiet.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:43 am

Wow, bad

It's refreshing to see this property hasn't improved since 2001 when this thread began.

Many of the same issues have just matured.

I was sentenced to stay there by my corporate travel and their discount rates in April, 2012, for Reds Opening Day.

Valet and check-in we're fine, their front line employees are very nice. A little upset the checkin agent refused to take my Gold Points number, but it doesnt matter, im done with this chain.

Experience has taught me to request a room facing Fifth Street to avoid the Saks parking garage view. I received a king room on the 20th floor. The room is a step back into 1980. Old CRT standard def TVs, archaic dial-up quality TMobile Internet service. Furniture, carpet, wall paper, all have seen their better day.

It was a 70F degree day, and I arrived to a room in the eighties. I set the thermostat to its lowest setting and highest fan and left three hours for dinner. Returned to find the room still in the 80s. Called the operator, no answer. Called the front desk, and they promised engineering would be right up. 30mins later, no one. Third call, they promised again someone would be right up...this time two minutes. Engineering made his fix and the room cooled down.

I walk into the bathroom to notice that the toilet had not been flushed by the previous user. The next morning I notice that someone had used the shower to shave, and that had not been cleaned, or even rinsed.

Had it, I gave up and checked out. They were adamant about charging me a penalty for the second night and I explained my situation and they agreed not to charge me.

Thing that irks me is Trip Advisor is filled with reviews detailing similar cleanliness issues, and you get the same form-response from the hotel. Then I'm told by email, don't worry, corporate is aware. Sure they are.

Best thing for this property would be to dump it and watch it be renamed Crowne Plaza or Park Place.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Has anyone had a good experience here?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
The room is a step back into 1980. Old CRT standard def TVs, archaic dial-up quality TMobile Internet service.
Wow, they had the internet in 1980?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Wow, they had the internet in 1980?
Al Gore was working night audit there....
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Al Gore was working night audit there....
I believe it was DARPA, or that crazy French teletype system, you know the same people that do USAir's modern day website.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:07 pm

Ok, so I stayed at this hotel last weekend. It does need a renovation badly... The carpets are really showing wear and the tube TV is a dinosaur in today's hotel community.

I have stayed in this hotel many years ago, and it seems that the lobby has not really changed in that time...

Staff was friendly. No upgrade and amenity was nothing special.. I chose my usual points.

Hotel is in a very convenient location downtown. You can walk all over the city. It is sad to see that the sky walk system of Cincy has all but died.

Hopefully Hyatt will renovate this property as it has a lot of potential.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Wasnt there a rumor that this hotel was not going to be a hyatt for too much longer?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:52 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This property went through foreclosure about 2 years ago. There was a recent announcement that they are supposed to start renovation this fall.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
This property went through foreclosure about 2 years ago. There was a recent announcement that they are supposed to start renovation this fall.
That would be great!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:11 pm

I read it too in June (July?), any news on the renovation? I stay it often and would love to stay at hyatt, but for past 5 years I am avoiding it however I can, it's horrible, dated, loud and oh... I had so many unpleasant experiences with this property...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.