FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cincinnati REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 11, 2002, 3:31 pm
mikey1003
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rrz518:
I'm no Hyatt fan by any means, but something doesn't seem right. Why would someone at the property change those reservations, knowing the plausability of 8 people all changing their plans to be a long shot? Sounds like more of an error....a typical reservation system would ask for a reason for a cancel. Maybe just a human error? Who knows....I doubt that someone at the property would cancel a number of reservations to accommodate the Cardinals....more typically (and more logically) they would call the guests in advance and pre-walk if they are oversold, particularly with a high profile group....An obvious lie would be both stupid as well as bad sense.</font>
rrz,

Since last week, I have learned of at least 6-10 more people who lost rooms. We are not a small group and we all talk to each other.

The joke is that in our industry segment, if someone farts on the west coast-we smell it on the east coast.

So what ever Hyatt did, everyone in the industry knows.

And downtown Cincinnati is begging for business.

Go figure

[This message has been edited by mikey1003 (edited 06-11-2002).]