Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
MB website states lunch at $21.99 and dinner at $32.99 (a little more on weekends).

For regular restaurants, the Border Grill is good.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:26 am

dining credit at MGM

Hi,

just found a decent offer for the Signature@MGM that comes with $25 of daily Dining Credit.

anyone know whether the MGM makes a difference between Dining Credit and Resort Credit when it comes to drinks at the pools ? Can I buy drinks ate the pool with the Ding Credit of is it strictly Food only ?
Old May 2, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by fourspoons
The pool is good but the other facilities are so-so, the Light nightclub is terrible and the bars are very over-priced.
They do have an excellent spa. The private gym that's included with the spa is also very good.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: SK, LH
i used the RC resort credit in MGM. the staff said valid only in this hotel. not sure if she was right though
Old May 4, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by bittihuduga
i used the RC resort credit in MGM. the staff said valid only in this hotel. not sure if she was right though
They used to allow charging at other properties a few years ago, but tbey seemed to have discontinued the practice.

The only current promo I know about is a credit that can be used at either Bellagio or Aria.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by bittihuduga
I recently tested the resort credit at Bellagio, can only use there. Buddy tested Vdara and you can use at Aria and Vdara.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I recently completed stays at the Mirage and the Mandalay Bay with the RC offer. Both times the computer didn't automatically pull off the last charge that should have been covered by the resort/dining credit. A call took care of it but carefully check your bill before leaving. It seemed suspicious that it happened at both MB and Mirage.

The MB location wasn't as problematic as i thought it would be. Got a great upgrade theoretically thanks to my hyatt diamond/mgm plat. I was quite surprised as normally I've found this to be of little value except as a line cut to the Bellagio buffet.

In general i prefer the mirage to the MB but the mirage pool area is too small for the crowds it attracts when the weather is nice.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
MB website states lunch at $21.99 and dinner at $32.99 (a little more on weekends).

For regular restaurants, the Border Grill is good.
The MB buffet is weak. Even weaker than MGM Grand. Far weaker than the caliber of hotel MB seems to want to be.

At MB: For Breakfast i found Della's Kitchen to be a good choice--great food but the service was a little shaky. For a casual dinner, Citizen was also a good choice. Both are Vegas pricey but fine if you have resort/dining credit.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renard
I was quite surprised as normally I've found this to be of little value except as a line cut to the Bellagio buffet.

The MB buffet is weak. Even weaker than MGM Grand. Far weaker than the caliber of hotel MB seems to want to be.

At MB: For Breakfast i found Della's Kitchen to be a good choice--great food but the service was a little shaky. For a casual dinner, Citizen was also a good choice. Both are Vegas pricey but fine if you have resort/dining credit.
Agree that MB Bayside buffet is sub-par. In south strip MGM is the better but not stellar. The mLife line does help at peak times.

At MB I think that the Border Grill ia good at a moderate price. Weekend brunch especially good. Modern Mexican menu but nothing too spicy.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Renard
I recently completed stays at the Mirage and the Mandalay Bay with the RC offer. Both times the computer didn't automatically pull off the last charge that should have been covered by the resort/dining credit. A call took care of it but carefully check your bill before leaving. It seemed suspicious that it happened at both MB and Mirage.

The MB location wasn't as problematic as i thought it would be. Got a great upgrade theoretically thanks to my hyatt diamond/mgm plat. I was quite surprised as normally I've found this to be of little value except as a line cut to the Bellagio buffet.

In general i prefer the mirage to the MB but the mirage pool area is too small for the crowds it attracts when the weather is nice.

Which food options at the Mirage were eligible for the resort credit?
Old May 20, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I share your opinion, Mandalay Bay is the best offer, paying practically 30USD for 2 nights if considering also the coupon values.

However, the only buffet I can find there cost around 55USD. That is really expensive. There is not much added value if instead of paying 20USD for buffet we will pay double or more the price.

Are there other buffets in MBay?
As a short feedback, we tried the MB hotel and buffets. Location was ok for us, buffets were also ok with enough choices for eating there 2 times. Otherwise I think it would get repetitive. We had a brunch and a dinner, but without having resort credit we would not pay that much for this buffet.
Old May 21, 2016, 4:14 am
esp
Suspended

I may use the RC offer without being a crown & anchor society member, correct?

It's probably a stupid question but I just read the last 10 pages or so of this thread and didn't find any definite answer one way or the other...
Old May 21, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by steveholt
Which food options at the Mirage were eligible for the resort credit?
I know that the burger restaurant works with the resort credit as well as the buffet. I enjoyed the Samba place with the Argentinian rodizio meats and that was covered if you have any the resort credit. I am sure there are many others in the mirage

Last edited by Renard; May 22, 2016 at 12:31 am Reason: Poor word choice
Old May 21, 2016, 6:10 pm

Has anyone been able to use the ENTP "Entertainment Offer" for free show tickets lately? I know it's been reported that it wasn't working for some. Indeed, I have a reservation for May 25-27 and nothing has any availability. Wondering if that also extends into June? Thanks for any info...
Old May 23, 2016, 9:50 am

I do not know about June, but was able to get Blue Man tix for May 29.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by pjpoker
Has anyone been able to use the ENTP "Entertainment Offer" for free show tickets lately? I know it's been reported that it wasn't working for some. Indeed, I have a reservation for May 25-27 and nothing has any availability. Wondering if that also extends into June? Thanks for any info...
Nothing was available for me June 23-25th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.