Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are Diamonds usually upgraded to rooms with a sauna? Is it possible to check in early here if the rooms are available?
I have stayed about 5 times as Diamond, and never been upgraded to sauna room. Normally executive room.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:43 am

will Hilton Golds get access to the CL at this property? Free Internet?
Old May 19, 2013, 12:02 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
EL access is for golds if they manage to grab the executive room upgrade, as per Hhonors rules, or pay for the executive room.

Saunawise the rooms go as follows:
* Standard room, no sauna.
* Executive room = standard room + lounge access, no sauna.
* Executive plus room = larger room with small sauna (fits 1 person comfortably) + lounge access.
* Junior suite = one bedroom suite with bath + walk in shower + medium sized sauna (fits 2 to 3 persons comfortably) + lounge access.

Golds and diamonds can expect one level upgrade. Price difference between the room types is sometimes very small. And the smart upgrades, offered by the time of booking from Hilton booking engine, tend to decrease the price difference even more.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:26 am

I'm a Gold, never have been turned down for a free breakfast when booking a standard room; I'm staying here for a night; was wondering do they give you the free breakfast? Or should I book a room & breakfast package? Also... Amex has this deal if you book $200 or more with Travelocity you get $50 credit, and Travelocity has a $25 credit on top of that... so if I go through Travelocity I have to book at least a $225 room...

If I use travelocity instead of booking through Hilton will they still give me my Gold status stuff (free internet, room upgrade, free breakfast)?

Just wondering which way to go...
Old May 25, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by lbotez
I'm a Gold, never have been turned down for a free breakfast when booking a standard room; I'm staying here for a night; was wondering do they give you the free breakfast? Or should I book a room & breakfast package? Also... Amex has this deal if you book $200 or more with Travelocity you get $50 credit, and Travelocity has a $25 credit on top of that... so if I go through Travelocity I have to book at least a $225 room...

If I use travelocity instead of booking through Hilton will they still give me my Gold status stuff (free internet, room upgrade, free breakfast)?

Just wondering which way to go...
Booking through 3rd party sites you should receive your Gold benefits, but not any points or status. Breakfast is not guaranteed as Gold, but often given.
Old May 25, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by sbams
. Breakfast is not guaranteed as Gold, but often given.
Excuse me... Since when is breakfast not a guaranteed benefit for Golds at Hilton branded hotels?
Old May 25, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by tsastor
Excuse me... Since when is breakfast not a guaranteed benefit for Golds at Hilton branded hotels?
Sorry, my mistake ...
Old May 26, 2013, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TTL
EL access is for golds if they manage to grab the executive room upgrade, as per Hhonors rules, or pay for the executive room.

Saunawise the rooms go as follows:
* Standard room, no sauna.
* Executive room = standard room + lounge access, no sauna.
* Executive plus room = larger room with small sauna (fits 1 person comfortably) + lounge access.
* Junior suite = one bedroom suite with bath + walk in shower + medium sized sauna (fits 2 to 3 persons comfortably) + lounge access.

Golds and diamonds can expect one level upgrade. Price difference between the room types is sometimes very small. And the smart upgrades, offered by the time of booking from Hilton booking engine, tend to decrease the price difference even more.
I had a suite here last year, I don't recall there being a sauna. Is this built into the shower?
Old May 26, 2013, 1:17 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
It is hard to miss. If you had the junior suite with lounge and bedroom, there is a large "spa" next to the bedroom with glass doors and walls. The other side of that space has the sauna behind a proper wooden sauna door and the other side the bathtub and walk in shower.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:42 pm

Paid for my room through Travelocity; got the sauna... and a corner room on the executive floor with my gold card. There is a small window from the sauna to the room, you can peek in. Sauna is for one person.

On the 5th floor (top) executive floor. Just lovely room with a desk, two chairs and a table.

Booked a King-bedded guest room plus...

Breakfast in the dining room or executive floor. Was told there was more to choose from in the dining room, but not as cosy.

Note: the sauna was worth it; what a fantastic extra!!!! Can see all the planes taxi by from my window!

The breakfast on the executive floor was amazing... this is a fantastic hotel!!!

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 1, 2013 at 2:30 am
Old Aug 10, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lbotez
The breakfast on the executive floor was amazing... this is a fantastic hotel!!!
+1. Breakfast in the restaurant was also amazing!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by allset2travel
+1. Breakfast in the restaurant was also amazing!
Pardon me, but what is so amazing about the breakfast? I find it ok, but they don't even cook eggs to order without extra payment.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just a short note to say that I stayed here last week and had a perfectly acceptable experience. Booked a standard room on three hours' notice and paid €242 (switched my flight to the first back to LHR the next day and couldn't bear another night at the Kämp.)

On arrival was given an upgrade to a executive room of some type (corner room with view of terminal and runways) as a result of being HHonors Gold. Room was big enough, clean, functional, but not very warm. Bathroom was a bit charmless but had a sauna which was pretty good. Bed very comfortable and slept well. The dinner downstairs was good (hamburger). Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Executive lounge nothing to write home about.

Checkout took two minutes and the walk to the terminal about three.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hilton Helsinki-Vantaa Airport

After that great experience decided to try the Strand in town. What a dump. The worst hotel I've stayed in in years!
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: M&M mainly
The hotel is great, walking distance form the T2 (and T1 as they are connected). Got the executive room, the longe was deserted when I came (Sunday 6 pm), but soon 2 Americans came, and this automatically means it stopped to be silent (sorry for not - politically-correct statemet). What's wrong with you guys??? Do you realy have to almost shout when you talk?? with heavy accent form Idaho or Utah or whereever?? Do you know at all almost everybody can understand you? sorry for OT.
The lounge is eguipped with coffee/tea machine, small nibbles selection: chips, cracers, veggies with some tuna, shripm souces. Hot dishes: veggi stew and small 'pizzas'. One kind of wine, some gin, red label w., martini, etc. Some beer and soft drink.
EF buffet 6 - 8 pm, alcohol available till 10 pm.
The room is quite, clean and modern, the apron positions of the airport seem via window. Very nice and friendly staff. I will be back for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.