Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Currently at HGI Atlanta Midtown. Last night the Check in clerk told me she knew nothing about complimentary premium internet for Diamonds and I should check with the desk in morning. Lo and behold, it was the same girl who checked me in last night at the desk this morning before I left for the office! Just got back in and will ask for a supervisor or probably just email the GM himself directly!
So I spoke with the Asst GM and she said that they have never heard about nor received any memo advising of complimentary premium internet for Diamonds. We are now nearing the end of April and this is beyond ridiculous!
Erin gave us all hope and got us all excited only to be let down. Next week I am at the Hilton Atlanta. Will see what they have to say.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
Going to miss this "privilege".
Me too. I love being lied to in order to string along my business for a couple more months rather than knowing what's up so I can decide whether to get started working on status with a competitor.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
So I spoke with the Asst GM and she said that they have never heard about nor received any memo advising of complimentary premium internet for Diamonds. We are now nearing the end of April and this is beyond ridiculous!
Erin gave us all hope and got us all excited only to be let down. Next week I am at the Hilton Atlanta. Will see what they have to say.
Don't plan on it in Atlanta. They are clueless there as well. Breakfast has also gone downhill (diamonds used to get two very good full buffet breakfasts every morning if they wanted and now it's lounge only). I normally don't stay at Hilton's if I have a late flight which would have been the case on that stay but my 2 p.m. flight got pushed delayed to 6:30 and the latest checkout they would give me without a charge was 1 p.m.

I would have stayed at the Hyatt across the street had I known and paid the additional $20 a night, would have been cheaper. I would have had highest speed internet gratis, a better breakfast and a 4 p.m. checkout.

If you are still platinum with Hyatt, I would just stay at the Hyatt across the street. As a Plat. you will have the highest speed wifi for free and a guarantee 2 p.m. checkout (my wife has received 3 p.m. with no hassles before there as a Plat).
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Me too. I love being lied to in order to string along my business for a couple more months rather than knowing what's up so I can decide whether to get started working on status with a competitor.
My PM is marked as "read". Crickets.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
I hope this isn't an announcement that was prematurely released for a benefit Hilton was planning on releasing and then changed their mind on.

This is a benefit, along with a 4 p.m. checkout that should have been given to diamonds a long time ago. All the competition gives these benefits to their highest tiers. I never have to argue for a 4 p.m. checkout at SPG or Hyatt and always receive the highest speed wifi at those two chains.

Seeing most diamond's spend a lot of time on the road for work and require a working internet speed, it's absurd Hilton won't provide that gratis. And it's absurd the front desk acts like they are doing you a favor giving you a 1 or 2 p.m. checkout and stating there is a half day charge for a 4 p.m. checkout when SPG and Hyatt offer a 4 p.m. gratis to their highest tiers and 2 p.m. to mid-tiers
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Just checked into Hilton Madrid Airport.

62 DL and 73 UL. I have never seen higher. I downloaded 3 tv programs so fast I could not believe it.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What's frustrating is that some properties are aware of the memo. I suspect that Diamonds were to be given a code for access, so charges never appear on a bill, but that aspect has gone the way of just about everything Hilton IT-related. A cynical person might assume that the "suggested" interim fix was to bill-and-remove, but some properties are balking at the idea.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Thank you! So at one point Erin/Hilton decided: from now on they will inform Flyertalk board member first, before anyone else. And you start bashing them for it. Thanks a lot. Let's prepare to lose our privilege of being pre-informed!

Who cares if she pre informs us of something we don't get???
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Please stop arguing

I understand the frustration and anger about this "benefit" but stop snapping at each other. Thanks.

squeakr

co Mod HH
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Don't plan on it in Atlanta. They are clueless there as well. Breakfast has also gone downhill (diamonds used to get two very good full buffet breakfasts every morning if they wanted and now it's lounge only). I normally don't stay at Hilton's if I have a late flight which would have been the case on that stay but my 2 p.m. flight got pushed delayed to 6:30 and the latest checkout they would give me without a charge was 1 p.m.

I would have stayed at the Hyatt across the street had I known and paid the additional $20 a night, would have been cheaper. I would have had highest speed internet gratis, a better breakfast and a 4 p.m. checkout.

If you are still platinum with Hyatt, I would just stay at the Hyatt across the street. As a Plat. you will have the highest speed wifi for free and a guarantee 2 p.m. checkout (my wife has received 3 p.m. with no hassles before there as a Plat).
Thanks for the heads up, Reds! Unfortunately most everything else is completely sold out or outrageously expensive. I had already booked the Hilton when the rate was reasonable so I might as well stay there.

To be honest, I've just about given up on fast internet with Hilton. Right now I`m using my phone's hotspot because the HGI complimentary internet is a bloody joke! As long as I have 3 bars or more of phone coverage, I rather use my 4G LTE since I always seem to be overpaying AT&T every month for data I never use!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I am in a hilton in Harrisburg. I tried to get some work done uploading/downloading files. It was taking forever. I left my wifi at home So, I called the front desk to see about diamond members getting the higher speed internet. Answer, "no, we are not participating in that here."

I didn't push it. (just need to get my work done and am super tired) I just went to starbucks to get my work done.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:39 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
To be honest, I've just about given up on fast internet with Hilton. Right now I`m using my phone's hotspot because the HGI complimentary internet is a bloody joke! As long as I have 3 bars or more of phone coverage, I rather use my 4G LTE since I always seem to be overpaying AT&T every month for data I never use!
Good luck with this too at the Hilton Atlanta. I have Verizon Service in the US, and find the signal inside the Hiton to be just as pathetic as the hotel's internet.

Data does seem to work better than voice though.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
another UK hilton yesterday and another one that doesn't know anything about it.

Does Erin care?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
another UK hilton yesterday and another one that doesn't know anything about it.

Does Erin care?
Erin is incredibly helpful, and it doesn't have anything to do with caring or not. She's only allowed to comment when and in the language that is approved by Hilton. Obviously, there is something going on behind the scenes here, which is why Erin hasn't commented.

I received an e-mail from Hilton announcing this shortly after Erin did. Has anyone else received this e-mail, showed the front desk, and still had issues getting it comped?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Erin is incredibly helpful, and it doesn't have anything to do with caring or not. She's only allowed to comment when and in the language that is approved by Hilton. Obviously, there is something going on behind the scenes here, which is why Erin hasn't commented.
Exactly.

There's something else going on here, and I hope that the announcement is not going to be retracted by Hilton.

Originally Posted by Michael19887
I received an e-mail from Hilton announcing this shortly after Erin did. Has anyone else received this e-mail, showed the front desk, and still had issues getting it comped?
I don't recall receiving such an e-mail. Can you post the text?

edit: Actually, I found the announcement in my March statement e-mail on 03/04:

"Premium Wi-Fi is coming soon for Diamond members
As a Diamond member, you’ll soon begin receiving premium Wi-Fi at select hotels when you book directly through Hilton. This benefit will be broadly available by end of Summer. "

"Soon" and "end of Summer" ain't exactly what I was hoping for.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.