Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What a pathetic joke of a program.

Originally Posted by IntFF
What about calling the special Axon 800-line and booking, when I am gold ??
Gold gets no new benefit under the "new" rules. In fact, once implemented, this will be a reduction in Gold benefits, since basic service will degrade even further below acceptable levels.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Actually, I spoke with a Hampton manager (franchisee?) about a month ago, who not only confirmed he was aware of the upcoming Diamond benefit change, but was adamant that "some" Golds will qualify also (based on point balances, from what I inferred).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Stayed at a Doubletree last night. Premium Internet was not complimentary for me even after I asked. Very disappointing........hopefully this new benefit will begin soon!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hhonors fan
Does anyone know if the complimentary premium wi-fi for Diamonds started yesterday with the beginning of quarter 2? I looked at the T & C this morning and nothing changed that I noticed. I know Erin said quarter 2, but she never said the beginning of quarter 2........just wondering. Thanks
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
no change yet from the hotel I was in in the UK.
Originally Posted by rjmaype
Stayed last night at HI Charleston WV.

Chose premium internet at $4.98 but top speed ws 2.65 Mbps.

Under the door invoice showed the $4.98.

I requested the morning desk person to investigate and refund as a Diamond.

Awaiting the posted invoice.
Originally Posted by hhonors fan
Stayed at a Doubletree last night. Premium Internet was not complimentary for me even after I asked. Very disappointing........hopefully this new benefit will begin soon!
Stayed at a Hampton this week. Signed up for the basic wifi one night to check the speed. When that timed out, I signed up for the $4.95 premium.

Sure enough, the $4.95 charge appeared on the bill under my door on day of checkout. Called the front desk and they removed it.

I had a late check-out, and the wifi subscription timed out. I signed up, again, for the higher speed option.

And, sure enough again, when I checked my folio on-line today, another $4.95 charge appeared.

I called the hotel and they removed it again. First time that I recall having to make two corrections to a hotel receipt.

Kudos to the hotel staff for being so customer-focused... they did remove both charges.

But, I asked when I call this morning. Front desk agent said that they had not yet received instructions to provide complimentary high speed to Diamonds.

What gives, Erin?

Hopefully, you are not going to remind us that "second quarter" extends to 11:59:59 on June 30 and that Hilton is going to take its sweet time rolling out this new benefit.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Recently, I spoke with a Hampton manager who confirmed that diamonds get free premium wifi effective April 1st. However ... he also was rather emphatic that so do "some" golds (with a high enough point balance?)."
My wife who is gold was told the same thing at a Hampton when she checked out Weds. She asked about the changes and to see if they were going to discount the premiums for gold. She was told no, but was also told that some gold's will get it waived upon request and told her she should have no issues getting waived.

Sounds like properties are trying to distinguish gold's like my wife who spend many nights in Hiltons each year and earn the status from those that get it through a credit card or four time a year fast track. If all properties will waive it for Gold's who have 20 stays or 40 nights a year, there should be no complaints.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Kacee
Gold gets no new benefit under the "new" rules. In fact, once implemented, this will be a reduction in Gold benefits, since basic service will degrade even further below acceptable levels.
Based on my wife's conversation at checked in a Hampton earlier this week and a couple other posts on here, it sounds like some Gold's will still get the access gratis, at least at some properties providing they have a lot of activity with Hilton. If someone has the status by a credit card or only staying four times in a year via a fast track, they don't have any reason to complain.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Based on my wife's conversation at checked in a Hampton earlier this week and a couple other posts on here, it sounds like some Gold's will still get the access gratis, at least at some properties providing they have a lot of activity with Hilton. If someone has the status by a credit card or only staying four times in a year via a fast track, they don't have any reason to complain.
1. I would not rely on what some random Hampton employee told me on this subject.

2. I don't see how the properties would apply that standard. It would surely be a mess and lead to confrontations over whether a particular gold was or was not entiled to a waiver.

3. I can complain about whatever I like That said, it doesn't really matter to me, because except for burning existing points balance and perhaps a few stays at some very un-Hilton like international properties in Asia, I am done with Hilton. I repeat, what a pathetic joke of a program.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Here is what I found using a Google search... could not find it using the Hilton web site search.

HSIA free for Diamonds and Golds

"Gold & Diamonds are now worth even more"

Now sounds fairly definitive... as opposed to, say "sometime before the end of the quarter."

Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:24 pm

delete
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Here is what I found using a Google search... could not find it using the Hilton web site search.

HSIA free for Diamonds and Golds

"Gold & Diamonds are now worth even more"

Now sounds fairly definitive... as opposed to, say "sometime before the end of the quarter."

That's the old information. High speed =\= premium Internet. Hilton considers any wifi high speed (vs say dial up)
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I write this from an Embassy Suites, where at check-in yesterday I asked the clerk about high speed internet. She disappeared into the manager's office, returning with the instructions: "Charge it to your room, and it'll be removed from your final bill."

Unfortunately, I didn't actually run across such an option, so let it go.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Erin,

Any update on this? It is now second quarter and there does not appear to be anything on the Hilton Website about it and hotels are still charging for premium for Diamonds.

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond
Hilton Park Lane London - Internet

I am staying in the Hilton Park Lane London UK at the moment as a Hilton Gold. Internet is free to all, no upgrade. Whopping download speed of 33kb/sec all weekend, totally unusable.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:47 pm

Would be really nice to see an official position on this, some place that I can point to if I go for the "premium" option and inevitably have to argue about the bill.

Staying at an HGI right now - premium is $3/day but I didn't want to deal with it. Free seems alright.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I have now asked at 4 UK hotels - none knew anything about this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.