Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Another annoying situation while overseas for me. I was at the Hilton Madrid Airport which gives free wifi for everyone and it was barely usable. As in can't even load Facebook or FT useable. I wish premium wifi was a brand wide requirement.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I recently completed a stay at the Waldorf Hilton in London and was impressed with the wifi. They give you a card with a code on it at checkin and there is a separate card for diamonds and for other levels. Wifi worked great.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
If you have AT&T U-verse and login with your home credentials do you get premium?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:40 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I've noticed three properties (Waldorf Palm Jum, Logan in PHL, Waldorf Jerusalem) who had a no proxy wireless internet access.

Keep this up! I design wifi for a living and this is something that needs to be pushed more for customer sake across industries.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:55 am

Anyone else ever had this problem? Whether I enter my room details or a promo code I just constantly get redirected back to the sign in page. It’s happened over two different stays now in the same hotel and front desk are of no help.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Anyone else ever had this problem? Whether I enter my room details or a promo code I just constantly get redirected back to the sign in page. It’s happened over two different stays now in the same hotel and front desk are of no help.
I've been unable to connect to some free wifi services and discovered that my computer's DNS settings had to be changed to 'automatically provided' before the network let me connect....worth a try if you have custom DNS settings in place..
Old Aug 31, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
How is premium wifi supposed to work? Portal asks for a code: no code given at checkin; no way to log in with Honors # or email:

Complimentary Internet leads to

and is basically unusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.