Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Erin,

it is almost the start of the second quarter. Have all the hotels been notified that starting 1 April Diamonds are to get the premium wi-fi for free? I will be at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-20 in Abilene TX starting March 30th and checking out April 8th. I want to make sure I get the free premium for at least the 1st to the 8th. I see nothing on the HHONORS website for Diamonds benefits about this yet. I am printing out your first post in this thread to take with me but as it is a FlyerTalk page the hotel may just say that's not a Hilton web page. And they would be right. But it is all we have so far.

Thanks,
Baze
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Great news! Now start offering 4 p.m. checkouts to diamonds and I'll be really happy!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Baze
Hi Erin,

it is almost the start of the second quarter. Have all the hotels been notified that starting 1 April Diamonds are to get the premium wi-fi for free? I will be at the Hampton Inn and Suites I-20 in Abilene TX starting March 30th and checking out April 8th. I want to make sure I get the free premium for at least the 1st to the 8th.

Thanks,
Baze
You also need to make sure the hotel offers premium wifi. Many do not.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Finally a real enhancement for Diamond. Now just please add 4pm check out.
+1 Hilton would get a LOT more stays from me if they offered this benefit. If I know I need a 4 p.m. checkout, SPG gets that stay if there is a convenient property in the city I am. Palmer House in Chicago used to get my Chicago stays when I know I needed a late checkout but since they are now charging for a 4 p.m. checkout, SPG will be getting my Chicago stays when I have a late flight or use Amtrak
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need
I just received Marriott Gold from applying for the Ritz Carlton card. I have never stayed a day at Marriott in my entire life LOL. But it will change now. I probably going to put 75K on the RC card and get Marriott Plat and United Silver.

Cit Reserve 40K -> HH Diamond
MileagePlus Club -> Hyatt Plat, Hertz President's Circle, MLife Gold, United Club access
Ritz Carlton 75K -> Ritz Carlton Plat, Marriott Plat, United MileagePlus Silver Elite, Lounge Club access
But the RC card is almost $400 a year as compared to the $95 for the Hilton card. And IIRC you only get MR Gold for the first year not every year like with the HH Reserve.

Even though it is possible to get gold for one year with Marriott and it is a lot cheaper to get and keep gold with Hilton. With Hilton you only have to pay $95 a year (and get a free weekend night) or get a FREE HH Amex and only put $20K a year in spend on it.

If Marriott made getting gold that easy, I would be a MR gold member
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Thanks Erin. Great benefit.

This will cause me to retain diamond (re-qualify tonight), and keep Marriott at gold.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
But the RC card is almost $400 a year as compared to the $95 for the Hilton card. And IIRC you only get MR Gold for the first year not every year like with the HH Reserve.

Even though it is possible to get gold for one year with Marriott and it is a lot cheaper to get and keep gold with Hilton. With Hilton you only have to pay $95 a year (and get a free weekend night) or get a FREE HH Amex and only put $20K a year in spend on it.

If Marriott made getting gold that easy, I would be a MR gold member
I don't disagree. HH Gold is a lot easier with credit card, but Marriott is not that bad and you do get gold just by paying a credit card at least for the first year. The $400 is actually closer to $100 because of the reimbursement. I paid a lot of luggage fee, airline food, and seat upgrades. So $300 back per year should be easy.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
You also need to make sure the hotel offers premium wifi. Many do not.
It does.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Does anyone know if the complimentary premium wi-fi for Diamonds started yesterday with the beginning of quarter 2? I looked at the T & C this morning and nothing changed that I noticed. I know Erin said quarter 2, but she never said the beginning of quarter 2........just wondering. Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
no change yet from the hotel I was in in the UK.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by hhonors fan
Does anyone know if the complimentary premium wi-fi for Diamonds started yesterday with the beginning of quarter 2? I looked at the T & C this morning and nothing changed that I noticed. I know Erin said quarter 2, but she never said the beginning of quarter 2........just wondering. Thanks
Sigh. I have two stays this weekend starting tomorrow. Guess it will be the same old normal slow speed for both stays.

Sure would be nice to have a start date!

David
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed last night at HI Charleston WV.

Chose premium internet at $4.98 but top speed ws 2.65 Mbps.

Under the door invoice showed the $4.98.

I requested the morning desk person to investigate and refund as a Diamond.

Awaiting the posted invoice.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Also just had a stay, the hotel was clueless about the new Diamond Perk.

This is getting old Hilton! Erin?!!? When is this going to take place?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
At a Hampton Inn right now in Rockford. It appears I'm still being charged.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question

What about calling the special Axon 800-line and booking, when I am gold ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.