Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown

Sadly for me, my all-time favourite Thai beverage, young coconut juice, is not included in the complimentary happy hour
20 THB a piece on every corner.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I will be in BKK for a night and wnated to give DT or Hilton Sukhumvit a try, but at 4500 and 6500 respectively before taxes, I opted for the Hilton Millenium instead.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Here's a pic from my Superior room during my stay back in june

Quite small imo but suitable for 2 persons for a short stay. For longer stays I'd definately choose the Deluxe Suite or another hotel
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Contemplating another stay here but with the possibility of needing a 5:30AM taxi. As I've never seen a taxi at this hotel (as a guest or when eating at the guay tiao soup places just to the north) has anyone experience with getting a taxi to depart the hotel?

Any hassles or other issues of note?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
You will have!

But... you travel to BKK and want to have dinner at the Lounge of a hotel?
I just now saw your reply. Thanks for the info about the Gold lounge access, but I don't know where you got the idea that I want to have dinner from the happy hour lounge food. I just like to have a little something to munch on while I have a few drinks before going out to dinner.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Contemplating another stay here but with the possibility of needing a 5:30AM taxi. As I've never seen a taxi at this hotel (as a guest or when eating at the guay tiao soup places just to the north) has anyone experience with getting a taxi to depart the hotel?

I just checked out of this hotel on Friday morning. I had to leave at 4:30am to get to BKK by 5:00am. There is no way you would be able to catch a taxi on that street without having the hotel call you one. I think they'd be happy to do it because they gave me the choice of a hotel car or a taxi. I just booked the hotel car which was expensive at 1500B because I didn't want anything to go wrong and I didn't have cash for the taxi.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
there might not be taxis crusing on the Soi but its only a 3-5 minute walk (max) up to Sukhumvit where taxis cruise with regularity.............additionally, if you have alot of luggage for a Thb20 fee you can telephone for a taxi direct to the hotel........

Originally Posted by dsquared37

Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NW-A332
I just checked out of this hotel on Friday morning. I had to leave at 4:30am to get to BKK by 5:00am. There is no way you would be able to catch a taxi on that street without having the hotel call you one. I think they'd be happy to do it because they gave me the choice of a hotel car or a taxi. I just booked the hotel car which was expensive at 1500B because I didn't want anything to go wrong and I didn't have cash for the taxi.
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
there might not be taxis crusing on the Soi but its only a 3-5 minute walk (max) up to Sukhumvit where taxis cruise with regularity.............additionally, if you have alot of luggage for a Thb20 fee you can telephone for a taxi direct to the hotel........

Thanks for the answers even though it's no longer of consequence at the moment. We decided to take the afternoon flight instead.

Obviously a taxi could be called for the 20THB booking fee, which is minimal. I guess the benefit/detriment of not having a local soi taxi mafia.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:43 pm

Is Doubletree located deep in Soi 26? It appears to be so looking at Google map. Am I correct that Sukhumvit Hilton is much more conveniently located for BTS service?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:27 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Is Doubletree located deep in Soi 26? It appears to be so looking at Google map. Am I correct that Sukhumvit Hilton is much more conveniently located for BTS service?
Yes, DT is in Soi 26.

Location wise they're much of a muchness. Hilton Sukhumvit is basically at the back of DT BKK.

I did a mattress run whilst in BKK during October. Was taken from DT to Hilton, it's just across the back. Don't even cross a road.

They also share staff with no adverse consequences.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: QF SG
It's not far down the soi and as HVR says you can cut through the Hilton so it's about 60 seconds further away than the Hilton from the BTS.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Is Doubletree located deep in Soi 26?
It's a 3 to 4 minutes walk from BTS station Phrom Phong, so not a big deal

Am I correct that Sukhumvit Hilton is much more conveniently located for BTS service?
No
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:29 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
And do remember that Hilton Sukhumvit is in Soi24. DoubleTree is in Soi 26.

Same BTS Station Phrom Phong, E5 for those who do it by the numbers.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hvr
And do remember that Hilton Sukhumvit is in Soi24. DoubleTree is in Soi 26.

And the southeast exit at that.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hvr
http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/ima.../E5_update.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.