Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Do all of them have complimentary shuttle to the airport?

Need to determine the best one to stay at when we return, will just be shopping a little and then leaving on an early flight home.
None of them have a complimentary shuttle to the airport. It is around a 45 minute trip. The only hotels with comp shuttles are those located near the airport.

If you want to be close to shopping, then any of them except the Millenium will do. A quick skytrain ride will get you to the shopping areas.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard1148
If you want to be close to shopping, then any of them except the Millenium will do.
Millenium Hilton is a 5 minutes taxi ride away from The Mall ThaPra, a huge shopping mall with douzends of shops, restaurants, cinemas, bowling center et al. Next to the Millenium Hilton there's also a local market.

If he had read the Millenium Hilton thread or the Conrad vs Millenium Hilton thread he already would have known it

Last edited by olisch; Mar 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
It would be nice if there was a consolidated thread on all the BKK HH properties.
One already exists:

Hilton HHonors Properties in Bangkok
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by olisch
Millenium Hilton is a 5 minutes taxi ride away from The Mall ThaPra, a huge shopping mall with douzends of shops, restaurants, cinemas, bowling center et al. Next to the Millenium Hilton there's also a local market.
I knew about the local market, but was not aware of the shopping mall. I'll revise my post to say: If you want to be close to shopping, then any of them will do except the Millenium unless you will be satisfied with only one shopping mall and a local market.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Thanks, that is what I was looking for.
Old May 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, UA IK
Looking for feedback on the pool for laps and the gym for weights. I read on a TA review that if you stay at the DT you can use the gym at the Hilton just behind it.
Old May 4, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by Sembach
Looking for feedback on the pool for laps and the gym for weights. I read on a TA review that if you stay at the DT you can use the gym at the Hilton just behind it.
You can certainly use the pool at the Hilton so I assume the gym is OK too. From memory the Hilton gym looks superior but I prefer the pool at the DT for general swimming as well as laps.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:29 pm

Thanks bacook, good to know I will have options
Old May 5, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I stayed at this property last month and used the gym and pool.

The gym is small but good, has nice new equipment (I forgot the brand) and good selection of weight (however, in the lighter range only as I recall it). The gym is more than adequate for a hotel gym. I used it twice and I was the only person there both times, so not crowded at all. If you need a bigger gym with a better selection of equipment I would recommend to buy access to one of the many gyms on Sukhumvit Rd.

The pool at DT is small but OK for relax/cool down; you will not be able to do laps. I like the pool area (new/stylish, green plants, new sun beds, proximity to the bar area and gym etc)

I didn't use the Hilton facilities so can not compare.
Old May 5, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I stayed at this property last month and used the gym and pool.

The gym is new, nice equipment and good selection of weight (in the lighter range only as I recall it). The gym is more than adequate for a hotel gym. If you need a better gym with a better selection of equipment I would recommend to buy access to one of the many gyms on Sukhumvit Rd.

The pool at DT is small but OK for relax/cool down; you will not be able to do laps. I like the pool area (new/stylish, green plants, new sun beds, proximity to the bar area and gym etc)

I didn't use the Hilton facilities so can not compare.
I disagree. While it's certainly not 25m it's more than adequate for some daily laps unless you want to be swimming say 1km+ and absolutely a better option that the Hilton. If it adds any weight I have a competitive swimming background.
Old May 6, 2014, 11:59 pm

Will stay just three nights, but I hope to do some fitness training and laps each day. Good way for me to fight off the effects of jetlag!
Old May 12, 2014, 6:15 am

Checked today. Efficient and pleasant front desk staff. I was offered points or free breakfast. Room is small but very clean and well kept. Gym is much better then I expected and the pool, while a bit small, is very nice and big enough for laps. The happy hour around the pool is a big plus. Staff confirmed that I can use the Hilton gym and pool, but it might not be needed. Will take a look in the morning just to compare.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Doubletree Sukhumvit has got to be one of the friendliest and unpretentious place I have been. It is a very casual place where you can be yourself and nobody is going to judge you. I love the happy hour since it is free flow of drinks for Gold and Diamond members. They are really enthusiastic to serve you drinks and top up / refill any drinks that is half full...so much so that I suspect they have to reach some quota to "get rid" of their alcohol (i must have been thinking that when i was a little tipsy)...anyway...I will (and I am) be coming back to this place again and whenever my friends go BKK, I will always mention this lovely hotel! For price, location and service...it cannot be beaten!
Old May 12, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
Doubletree Sukhumvit has got to be one of the friendliest and unpretentious place I have been. It is a very casual place where you can be yourself and nobody is going to judge you. I love the happy hour since it is free flow of drinks for Gold and Diamond members. They are really enthusiastic to serve you drinks and top up / refill any drinks that is half full...so much so that I suspect they have to reach some quota to "get rid" of their alcohol (i must have been thinking that when i was a little tipsy)...anyway...I will (and I am) be coming back to this place again and whenever my friends go BKK, I will always mention this lovely hotel! For price, location and service...it cannot be beaten!
It is still early in my visit, but tend to agree with you! They were very eager to top off my wine at the Happy Hour! Lots of smiles and quick responses!

I did run into the dreaded Chinese Tour Group at breakfast - they are loud and a bit pushy at the buffet line. However the area was large enough for me to sit away from the noise!
Old May 13, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Sembach
Room is small but very clean and well kept.
You didn't get upgraded to one of the large rooms on 8-9 floor? (I believe these floors are Superior rooms only (and maybe Deluxe rooms also))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.