Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
1800 BHT for suite upgrad from standard reward

I booked a standard reward room for 3 nights in mid February for 20K HH points a night. I asked hotel for an upgrade to a deluxe suite and they are asking 1800 Baht per night including taxes and service charges. Anyone know if this is a reasonable deal? It will be two of us and I would like the space to be honest.

Thanks for any inputs.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:24 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blindy
I booked a standard reward room for 3 nights in mid February for 20K HH points a night. I asked hotel for an upgrade to a deluxe suite and they are asking 1800 Baht per night including taxes and service charges. Anyone know if this is a reasonable deal? It will be two of us and I would like the space to be honest.

Thanks for any inputs.
If you definitely want/need the extra room, I would pay the 1,800. That´s not THAT much money after all. Just fyi, eStandby upgrades to a deluxe suite for my next bookings at this property are TBH 900, however, obviously with no guarantee I will get the upgrade.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: HH diamond
Quick review

Stayed here for 2 nights on a four night stay in Bangkok. Moved to the hilton for the last two. Booked a standard room with points+money. Got upgraded to king suite executive. Must think this was due to the lack of guests from the protests. The room itself was quite large. Living room has large sitting area and place was clean. 4 bottles of water a day were provided by housekeeping. Staff was very helpful. Food at breakfast was surprising very good and has lots of options.

I would probably stay at the hilton next time we are back in Bangkok.

On a side note, there is a local bar across the street that is run by a Brit. They are open late and beer/food is cheap
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
DT and Hilton Sukhumvit

I had dinner in the DT Sukhumvit yesterday (was not staying there) in the restaurant Dee Lite. They had a buffet, but hardly anyone was in the restaurant (I think three parties, including me). I opted for a la carte: since there were no Thai vegetarian options, I asked them whether they could prepare the Pomelo salad and the Pad Thai in a vegetarian version, and they were very professional about it (even came back and asked about egg and fish sauce). The portions were a bit too big for my taste (I was full after the salad).

Then I tried to get back to my hotel (Millenium Hilton), but the doorman couldn't get a taxi (the taxis refused to go through the city centre on a Monday night). He recommended that I take the skytrain and the boat shuttle to the Millenium Hilton instead.

Since I had started conversation with him, he showed me how the DT and Hilton are connected (you go through the back door of the DT and are right in the restaurant of the Hilton). He told me that many HHonors members see this as a big plus (compared to the Conrad and the Millenium Hilton) since they can switch hotels every night to collect stays. I was rather surprised to hear that this practice (which can't be terribly widespread??) is known to the doorman and even advertised by him ("next time, you stay here and get more stays").

The walk from the Hilton lobby to the skytrain entrance is just a couple of minutes.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by fb175091
I was rather surprised to hear that this practice (which can't be terribly widespread??) is known to the doorman and even advertised by him
Probably more at SPG than HH

If the doorman was able to explain all that in English, I assume it was the obviously-overqualified-for-the-job, very sharp young fellow from Myanmar. He really should be behind the front desk at least.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
just completed a 5 night stay at this hotel. enjoyed it very much. the points and $ rate was a real bargain. hotel seems brand new and in great shape, good breakfast, location is good for the bts skytrain, free drinks at the pool every evening was great. definitely recommend this hotel.^
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Taking my family to BKK in June. Looking at Conrad, Millennium, Sukhumvit, or Double Tree. Advantages and disadvantages to each:
1. I'm Diamond.
2. Breakfast included?
3. Full or continental breakfast?
4. Lounge or restaurant for breakfast?
5. Snacks throughout the day?
6. Evening hot foods in lounge?
7. Room upgrade?
8. View?
9. Hotel/Airport shuttle complimentary?
10. Tour desk?
11. Walking distance to shopping markets of interest?
12. Walking distance to any points of interest?
13. Any security concerns?
14. Nearby cheap food choices?
15. Other comments.

It looks like the chinese tourist are a problem at breakfast and there may be other problems based on what I am reading at the DT.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Taking my family to BKK in June. Looking at Conrad, Millennium, Sukhumvit, or Double Tree. Advantages and disadvantages to each:
1. I'm Diamond.
2. Breakfast included? Yes
3. Full or continental breakfast? Full Breakfast
4. Lounge or restaurant for breakfast? Restaurant
5. Snacks throughout the day? No
6. Evening hot foods in lounge? No, was more of a patio area than lounge, just drinks
7. Room upgrade? Possible
8. View? Not much
9. Hotel/Airport shuttle complimentary? No shuttle, need to take taxi
10. Tour desk? Concierge desk, but they aren't of much help
11. Walking distance to shopping markets of interest? Long walk, but yes. Can also take Skytrain
12. Walking distance to any points of interest? Not really, but can take Skytrain
13. Any security concerns? I didn't have any during a recent stay
14. Nearby cheap food choices? Lots
15. Other comments. I liked this hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff very friendly.

It looks like the chinese tourist are a problem at breakfast and there may be other problems based on what I am reading at the DT. Stayed there a week in February and had no problems with Chinese tourists. Hotel wasn't very crowded. Room rate in February was $101 per night.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most of your questions have already been answered in this and other threads for Bangkok properties.

Just a few additional comments:

Stayed at this property 2 weeks ago. No Chinese tours/groups at all; currently the occupancy rate is low for BKK properties due to the political turmoil.

Breakfast was very good and not crowded.

Excellent value for Points & Money HH Rewards.

Staff was really great, lots of smiles and greetings all the time. Be prepared to have your picture taken at check-in!

Location: Suk soi 26 is far from Siam/Chidlom/Asoke. You need to take taxi or BTS (3 min walking to BTS station Phrom Phong). I prefer the location of Conrad near BTS stations Ploenchit and Chidlom (though long walk to both stations or the shuttle bus to Ploenchit St) Conrad is a different League with a really great Exec. lounge, but also more expensive.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:30 am

Thank you so much. Have you stayed at any of the other properties to compare?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:28 am
DUS

As your signature goes, you love to fly but you obviously don't like to invest some time in reading the forum....
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:31 am
DUS

I stayed at all four properties last month. If you have any specific question that hasn't been answered yet, please let me know...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Conrad: Many times. My favourite in BKK

DT: First time 2 weeks ago. I was impressed and really good value. Location is bad but, nevertheless, tempted to stay again next time in BKK. I can do without lounge as the food options in BKK are plenty, delicious and cheap.

Hilton Millennium: Stayed there many times in the past; last time 2½ years ago. Great hotel. Really extensive breakfast in the restaurant (but apparently even as HH Gold or Diamond you have to pay now if breakfast in the Exec. lounge is available to you). Location by the river. Some find this charming but it is far from Siam/Sukhumvit/Silom. Lounge was at that time disappointing, in particular the evening canapes (you got a plate with a few snacks/bites - this may have changed though)

Hilton Suk: I have not stayed there yet.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:57 pm
DUS

Originally Posted by SK AAR
DT: First time 2 weeks ago. Location is bad but, ...
Hi,

Is there anything in particular that you dislike about the location? Generally speaking, I think the Hilton and the DT on Sois 24 and 26 are in a great location ... but then again, it always depends on where you want/need to go during the day of course.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:32 am

It would be nice if there was a consolidated thread on all the BKK HH properties.

Do all of them have complimentary shuttle to the airport? If they do, it seems that Sukhumvit might be the best option for walking out at night.

Currently we are doing one night at the Conrad then going to KOH Conrad for a few days, then back to BKK to the Millenium for one night and then we are planning a 2 day trip to Angkor Wat. Need to determine the best one to stay at when we return, will just be shopping a little and then leaving on an early flight home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.