Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Does anyone happen to know if any of the other HIltons in Bangkok have an outdoor bar similar to the one here by the pool? I'm looking for an outdoor place to do a lot of computer work during a long stay.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Does anyone happen to know if any of the other HIltons in Bangkok have an outdoor bar similar to the one here by the pool? I'm looking for an outdoor place to do a lot of computer work during a long stay.

Conrad is the best option, followed by the Millenium Hilton
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Mill. Hilton Lounge has a large outdoor area. By the Mill. Hilton pool there are a few tables to write.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:53 pm

Hi, has any Diamond/Gold stayed here recently and can report? For example, has the happy hour returned or is it still only a couple of drink vouchers? Is full hot breakfast still complimentary? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Stayed last Fri-Sun. This has become my goto hotel in BKK. Prefer it over Conrad and WA. No upgrade was given as I booked a Terrace Room. 2 drink vouchers were given for each day of stay (Plus another set because my room wasn't ready at 3:00. Had to wait until 3:10. Buffet breakfast continues to be free.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Stayed last Fri-Sun. This has become my goto hotel in BKK. Prefer it over Conrad and WA. No upgrade was given as I booked a Terrace Room. 2 drink vouchers were given for each day of stay (Plus another set because my room wasn't ready at 3:00. Had to wait until 3:10. Buffet breakfast continues to be free.
Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Stayed last Fri-Sun. This has become my goto hotel in BKK. Prefer it over Conrad and WA.
What do you prefer of DT over WA?

Perhaps location works better for you? Or it is simply a matter of price?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: aa,ac,hh
Originally Posted by stmaus
Thanks.
I would like to concur with the positive assessment of this hotel. After a couple of years staying at the Conrad (taking advantage of COVID rates) I am in the middle of a 20 night stay at the Doubletree. I would rate it at 80-90% of the Conrad level. Although I am Diamond, I elected not to tempt fate and bought a standby upgrade to a 700 sq. Ft. executive suite for about $25 extra per night. The room is recently renovated on the 25th floor and is very well appointed. The breakfast is up to Conrad standards with western breakfasts, an omelet station, as well as Dim Sum and curries. The only thing I would fault is that the danishes taste a little stale (probably resulting from the use of lard, a Bangkok phenomenon).
I have no problem with the drink coupons. It gives a lot of flexibility if you miss the Executive Lounge timing although I miss the Conrad hors d’oeuvres.
Overall, given the price difference, I would go for the Doubletree over other Hilton choices in Bangkok
Old Nov 12, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by tunisbob
The room is recently renovated on the 25th floor and is very well appointed.
Glad to read this. I stayed twice in the larger king bedded rooms but the soundproofing was too poor. Next time I stayed in a suite, which was great in terms of space, but the furnishings were rather spartan. I also liked the breakfasts and location but haven't been back for several years. Would love to see some photos of the renovated suites.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: aa,ac,hh
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Glad to read this. I stayed twice in the larger king bedded rooms but the soundproofing was too poor. Next time I stayed in a suite, which was great in terms of space, but the furnishings were rather spartan. I also liked the breakfasts and location but haven't been back for several years. Would love to see some photos of the renovated suites.
I didn’t have a problem with the soundproofing at least from the 25th floor. You could barely perceive the sound from the expressway below but it was basically covered up by the air conditioning fan noise
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by tunisbob
I would like to concur with the positive assessment of this hotel. After a couple of years staying at the Conrad (taking advantage of COVID rates) I am in the middle of a 20 night stay at the Doubletree. I would rate it at 80-90% of the Conrad level. Although I am Diamond, I elected not to tempt fate and bought a standby upgrade to a 700 sq. Ft. executive suite for about $25 extra per night. The room is recently renovated on the 25th floor and is very well appointed. The breakfast is up to Conrad standards with western breakfasts, an omelet station, as well as Dim Sum and curries. The only thing I would fault is that the danishes taste a little stale (probably resulting from the use of lard, a Bangkok phenomenon).
I have no problem with the drink coupons. It gives a lot of flexibility if you miss the Executive Lounge timing although I miss the Conrad hors d’oeuvres.
Overall, given the price difference, I would go for the Doubletree over other Hilton choices in Bangkok
25th floor? Renovated suite? Perhaps you're talking about the Doubletree Ploenchit?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:14 pm

Does anyone have email address of the hotel? I have some booking issues I need sorted out. Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Does anyone have email address of the hotel? I have some booking issues I need sorted out. Thanks.
[email protected]
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thank you so much. All sorted out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.