Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Was I correct in picking Hilton Sukhumvit
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Don't care about price (it's just 3 days and both are cheap enough)
Absolutely, if you don't care about price.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond.
Just wondering if the twin rooms at Doubletree or Hilton Sukhumvit are comfortable enough for two people? Prices for our dates are around 130AUD which is quite comfortable for us.

Unnecessary stop over in Bangkok for 2 nights for 3 of us so don't want to go booking two rooms.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by dzinh
Just wondering if the twin rooms at Doubletree or Hilton Sukhumvit are comfortable enough for two people? Prices for our dates are around 130AUD which is quite comfortable for us.

Unnecessary stop over in Bangkok for 2 nights for 3 of us so don't want to go booking two rooms.
So your question would seem to be if the twin rooms are comfortable for three people (or the twin beds for two people).

Depends on your comfort level, and who the others are. You will be sharing a bathroom too don't forget. It would not suit me.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dzinh

They can likely bring a rollaway for your room for a small extra fee
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:15 pm

Can I find cheap room in Bangkok and Phuket?

I have never book through HHonors program and never stayed in any Hilton hotels and just few months back we earn about 150 K through Citi card and would like to use points to book 2 rooms in Bangkok and 2 rooms in Phuket Thailand, is it possible?

I would appreciate if someone point me the right direction in this massive jungle thread

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:27 pm

Well, this is probably gonna get merged but yes there are fairly good points redemptions to be had in those locales. Believe that the DT Sukhumvit is 20k, Hiltons in BKK are 30k, and Conrad is 40k off the top of my head. In Phuket, the DT Surin is 20k and the Arcadia is 40k if nothing has changed and I'm not remembering incorrectly. The caveat being that you should always check cash rates, codes, and sales, especially in BKK where you can get some good prices on these properties at times ($100 USD or so).
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well, this is probably gonna get merged but yes there are fairly good points redemptions to be had in those locales. Believe that the DT Sukhumvit is 20k, Hiltons in BKK are 30k, and Conrad is 40k off the top of my head. In Phuket, the DT Surin is 20k and the Arcadia is 40k if nothing has changed and I'm not remembering incorrectly. The caveat being that you should always check cash rates, codes, and sales, especially in BKK where you can get some good prices on these properties at times ($100 USD or so).
Thanks for super fast response.

Should I check cash rates/promotion codes on Hilton website or somewhere in one these forum? Also can I use any code to reduce required points to book? Should I call them to book or should I use their site?

Sorry for lots of questions but I have no experience hotel booking with points and help would be great.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:14 pm

To book with points you just click the "use hhonors points" box in the hilton.com search. You should be logged into your account, ideally. It will then display points or cash & points rates, which can be booked directly. No need to call for normal bookings like this (if you have a free night cert from Citi then you need to call). When I was referring to codes, I wasn't referring to points redemptions.

No secret to finding good cash rates, just search the hilton website and also just google around to see if there are any sales going on. Yes, the hilton board on flyertalk will often have discussion of big advertised sales ("flash sales", etc.").
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:38 pm

OK slowly slowly but getting there

Hopefully last couple question, as you suggested I am looking option in Phuket and double tree coming up with 20k -looks good to me.

Is cancellation free - do I loose any point if I cancel it?
I dont see breakfast included on Doubletree - do I need any special code for breakfast?

Thanks again.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:00 pm

Cancellation is free for points bookings, normally up to 1 day before.
Breakfast is not included on a points booking but if you are gold or diamond you will get a complimentary continental breakfast, sometimes a full breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:27 pm

Thanks a lot for all your quick responses. Finally I did my first HH booking and looking forward to it.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:05 pm

Good to hear. If you are not hhonors gold/diamond and you will be staying at hilton properties enough to justify it, and you are US-based, you can always snag the Citi reserve or AMEX surpass card if there is time for the gold status to stick before the stays start. However, if this is just a one-off thing because you happened into some points, and you don't plan to do a lot of Hilton stays, then when in Thailand just get out on the street for breakfast instead of the hotel. Lots of good food to be had!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Good to hear. If you are not hhonors gold/diamond and you will be staying at hilton properties enough to justify it, and you are US-based, you can always snag the Citi reserve or AMEX surpass card if there is time for the gold status to stick before the stays start. However, if this is just a one-off thing because you happened into some points, and you don't plan to do a lot of Hilton stays, then when in Thailand just get out on the street for breakfast instead of the hotel. Lots of good food to be had!
Hi again,

I gathered these points with Citi HHonors card just few months back and I still have the card. Does Citi Reserve come with the credit card? and with reserve card how do I get gold status? I think on new Citi HHonors it says you will have Gold status as long as you keep the credit card but when I login to my HHonors account it says Silver status. How do I upgrade it to Gold?

Thanks again for your patience for newbie questions
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:17 pm

Fond answer on my own question, Citi HHonor is different from Citi HHonors Reserve card and with Citu HHonor you can earn only Silver status
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by mking
Cancellation is free for points bookings, normally up to 1 day before.
increasingly there are reports of wickedly high $ cancellation penalties on award bookings. Not universally true but read the fine print.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.