Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Room Types

• Deluxe Suite
    Standard 430 square-foot, two-room suite with one king or two double beds. Some available with sofa bed (as opposed to standard sofa); contact hotel to secure.
  • Hudson River-View Suite
    Same floor plan as Deluxe Suite, but with views across the Irish Hunger Memorial to Hudson River. Room numbers ending in 24 through 28. As with Deluxe Suites, some furnished with sofa beds.
  • Executive Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Deluxe Suite, includes larger living area, larger bathroom with both shower and soaking tub, and walk-in closet in bedroom. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Luxury Suite
    700+ square-foot, two-room corner suite with one king bed. Compared to Executive Suite, includes larger living area with dining table and guest bathroom, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and soaking tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
  • Conrad Suite
    1,500 square-foot, top-floor corner suite with one king bed. Includes large living area with guest bathroom, separate dining room, office with iMac and HDTV, and large master bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower, and Jacuzzi tub. May be adjoined to Deluxe Suite to add second bedroom.
Hilton Honors Benefits

• Gold and Diamond members receive room upgrade, based on availability.
  • Gold members receive choice of daily complimentary breakfast or 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • Diamond members receive both daily complimentary breakfast and 1,000 bonus points per stay.
  • For eligible members, complimentary breakfast is served at Atrio restaurant:
    • On weekdays, members receive choice of set Hilton Honors menu or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu. Hilton Honors breakfast menu as follows:
      • Choice of fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice
      • Choice of French press coffee or loose leaf tea
      • Choice of one of the following:
        • Basket of assorted pastries
        • House-made coconut and sunflower seed granola with organic Greek yogurt, nuts, seasonal berries
        • Seasonal fresh fruit and berries
        • Irish oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, caramelized banana, seasonal berries
        • Scrambled eggs bruschetta with ciabatta rustica, tomato, basil, chives, Vincotto balsamic vinegar
    • On weekends and holidays, members receive choice of hot breakfast buffet or $20/person credit (up to two people) toward àla carte menu.
Dining and Shopping

Transportation

• Several subway lines within walking distance:
  • Downtown Connection, a free shuttle service with 36 stops throughout downtown Manhattan, stops directly in front of hotel at North End Avenue and Murray Street. Operates seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day) from 10:00 a.m. through 7:30 p.m.
Conrad Stuffed Animal
"Hudson the Bull"
Print Wikipost

Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/9 - 6/10

Location: The hotel is located in Lower Manhattan on Murray Street just west of West Street. The area is quiet at night and even quieter on weekends, though the complex that houses the hotel also has a few restaurants, including a Shake Shack, and a movie theater. The World Trade Center PATH Station and Chambers Street subway stations are about a half mile away.

Hotel: I never thought I'd stay in a Conrad that's a former Embassy Suites but here I was. The lobby has undergone an incredible transformation and looks really amazing, especially at night. There is a restaurant and bar just off it, the bar is actually fairly small and gets crowded easily. The big attraction is apparently the rooftop bar. Do note that there can be long waits for elevators and people going to said bar fill up the hotel.

Check In: Handled quickly and efficiently by the agent on duty who explained how breakfast and the internet worked and sent us on our way.

Room: The old ES layout has been mostly preserved. There's a living room area, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. In some ways it works, the bedroom and living room are both quite nice and the new fixtures are great. But the bathroom concept is really odd. The shower and toilet/sink areas are wholly separate meaning you have to walk back through the room to get between the two. It's a bit odd when you've just gotten out of the shower and want to shave for instance.

Breakfast: Diamonds on weekends have access to a full buffet. It had cheese, breads, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, two kinds of sausage (the chicken apple was very good), bacon and potatoes. You could also get $20 off an ala carte item instead.

My rate for a double was $293 with tax which is high but this is a nice hotel. I'm not sure the former ES concept works completely, but I was glad to stay here.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:35 pm

Wonderful review! Do golds get the same breakfast? Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
The WTC Path Station is way less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. The Chambers Street station is a longer walk but still less than 1/2 mile.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The WTC Path Station is way less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. The Chambers Street station is a longer walk but still less than 1/2 mile.
Yes, I always take the E train uptown when I am at the Conrad and that is an easy straight two long block walk from the back entrance along Vesey St.

Also, I am sure I have commented on this before, but both the room and the hotel downstairs are very spacious by Manhattan standards (room which are suites are 430 sq ft) which gets a lot of bonus points for someone like me who hates to feel cramped.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Looks like .2 miles to WTC and .3 to Chambers Street, my mistake though in my defense I did say "about a half mile".
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Looks like .2 miles to WTC and .3 to Chambers Street, my mistake though in my defense I did say "about a half mile".
It feels farther because you have to cross West Street. If you catch the signal at the wrong time, that can take forever.

Originally Posted by Miesque
Also, I am sure I have commented on this before, but both the room and the hotel downstairs are very spacious by Manhattan standards (room which are suites are 430 sq ft) which gets a lot of bonus points for someone like me who hates to feel cramped.
The other thing I really like is the river view from the rooms that overlook the park. One of the more peaceful hotel views in all of NYC.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

The other thing I really like is the river view from the rooms that overlook the park. One of the more peaceful hotel views in all of NYC.
I agree and I love having one of those riverview suites and watching the light reflecting off the water and the skyrises across the river as the sun slowly sets. Those rooms have an almost residential feel to them, in fact I often joke Conrad New York is my pied-a-terre in Manhattan
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I've looked through the thread but couldn't find an answer. What is the stuffed animal for this property and how do I request it?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:52 am

It's a bull named Hudson (available upon request).

There's actually another thread listing the various animals in Conrads all over - I believe the NY bull is pictured at the bottom left of the picture in this post - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27897488-post243.html

Originally Posted by sarahluv
I've looked through the thread but couldn't find an answer. What is the stuffed animal for this property and how do I request it?
sarahluv likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Lctkw

[/url]
I did not know that since I have never asked about one in all my visits. Pretty clever name and animal.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:02 am

Any experiences from Golds at this property? Were you upgraded?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Lctkw

There's actually another thread listing the various animals in Conrads all over - I believe the NY bull is pictured at the bottom left of the picture in this post - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27897488-post243.html
Yes, I have to say, you do have to request for it, if not, you won't get it.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:51 am

Anybody get late checkout here? I am a Gold traveling on 1/12 - 1/14 (Fri-Sat) and I'm hoping for a 3pm checkout. Given that it's a Sunday on a holiday weekend in the slowest month in NYC, I'm thinking my chances are good.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by bcampbell1324
Anybody get late checkout here? I am a Gold traveling on 1/12 - 1/14 (Fri-Sat) and I'm hoping for a 3pm checkout. Given that it's a Sunday on a holiday weekend in the slowest month in NYC, I'm thinking my chances are good.
My last stay was a few years back but was told 2pm was the best they could do. Hope you have better luck.

[EDIT TO ADD: HH Diamond status]

Last edited by gengar; Jan 4, 2018 at 5:57 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by bcampbell1324

You will be offered 1:30 PM or 1 PM would be my prediction. They will have a whole slew of people coming in for the work week being attached to Goldman and they are first and foremost a business hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.