Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I had a recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Midtown mentioned by CMK10 upthread. Rate was $63 over Labor Day weekend, parking is free during weekends. Property has been renovated and rooms/ public spaces now look like brand standard (fridge, brown fake hardwood at entryway, HGI trimmings, etc.). Balconies overlook a pool type I'm a sucker for; the old school 10 foot deep pool from the 1950's (rare these days due to lawsuits). It's close enough to decent restaurants, breakfast was fine, got my bottled water and breakfast as a Gold. Would definitely stay again.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:37 am

Any recommendations for the best area property to stay over Christmas? We have a 3 year old and will be out visiting family. Looking for something decorated, decent food (especially breakfast) on property a big plus since we usually end up eating at the hotel in the morning, and sometimes relatives come back with us for a drink or dinner to change things up. Heated pool would work as well. I'm a recent Hilton Diamond, so I'm not sure what kind of recognition to expect with that.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:09 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Any recommendations for the best area property to stay over Christmas? We have a 3 year old and will be out visiting family. Looking for something decorated, decent food (especially breakfast) on property a big plus since we usually end up eating at the hotel in the morning, and sometimes relatives come back with us for a drink or dinner to change things up. Heated pool would work as well. I'm a recent Hilton Diamond, so I'm not sure what kind of recognition to expect with that.
The downtown Hilton is the only one I know that has an indoor pool. The food for breakfast is decent, but not sure that they decorate for Christmas
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
A few recent data points:

ES on Thomas/24th - I had to stay there for four nights last month because the DT had a conference. This place is a dump, in a dumpy neighborhood. A comedy of errors both on their part (too many to mention) and not on their part (12 hours without power due to a monsoon). Breakfast was horrible. Stay away.
Originally Posted by CMK10
My Father just recently stayed at the Embassy Suites on 44th Street and Thomas. I believe this is listed as the PHX Airport East. He had a very pleasant stay and I joined him for breakfast one day and was impressed by it. It's near the AZ-202 Freeway which will make it easy to get to any games you'll be seeing.
Had a one-night stay this week at the Embassy Suites Thomas &24th. Was very pleasantly surprised. Was by far the cheapest option in snowbird-infested Arizona-in-January.

Room and entire property was immaculate; staff very very cordial and helpful. Highspeed internet actually high speed. Breakfast, while not as good as some ES's or HGI's was certainly not "horrible." Lots of cooked-to-order options and the short-order chef was cordial and seemed to enjoy his work.

I also very much like the fact that every room has a balcony -- nice for watching planes on approach or takeoff at PHX.

Airport shuttle was fast and the driver helpful and affable.

Yes, the neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but not horrible. The hotel also has good -- evident but not obtrusive -- security. And I really liked the open-air layout much more than the typical "atrium" Embassy.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad to hear that hotel is doing alright. They were a client of mine in early 2008 and I felt the hotel had long since seen better days.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Anyone stay at the PHX Hilton Airport property lately? Planning to stay 1 night on President's Day for a layover. Am thinking between HH and Hyatt properties. Status Dia for both if that is of consequence. Thanks so much.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Anyone stay at the PHX Hilton Airport property lately? Planning to stay 1 night on President's Day for a layover. Am thinking between HH and Hyatt properties. Status Dia for both if that is of consequence. Thanks so much.
Do you need to be near the airport? If so, that's probably the best Hilton/Hyatt property you're going to find. Otherwise, you can do better elsewhere.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
HGI Phoenix Midtown / Downtown

I saw a review a few pages back but understand this property was recently renovated.

Can anyone offer a recent review? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:43 am

Does anyone know if the Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport North on 44th Street has begun their room renovations yet? The place was taken over by new management a while ago, and rumored that they would renovate in 2016. The place really needs it.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any experience with the ES Phoenix North? Traveling down there for work the last weekend in March...overlapping the final days of Spring Training so still seeing high rates everywhere. This place is $170/nt. and looks fairly nice from the website.

The reason I ask is because almost every other Hilton in town is north of $200/nt., even most HGIs and Hamptons and even the ones that aren't particularly close to any of the baseball stadiums.

Makes me wonder if anything is wrong with this Embassy...
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by pinniped
Any experience with the ES Phoenix North? Traveling down there for work the last weekend in March...overlapping the final days of Spring Training so still seeing high rates everywhere. This place is $170/nt. and looks fairly nice from the website.

The reason I ask is because almost every other Hilton in town is north of $200/nt., even most HGIs and Hamptons and even the ones that aren't particularly close to any of the baseball stadiums.

Makes me wonder if anything is wrong with this Embassy...
Oh, there is something wrong with it . . . it's not up to Embassy Suites (or Hilton standards).

Check in area - beautiful - breakfast great - staff very very nice. But we just stayed there for 3 days and some comments.

1. Room had a lot of wear and tear and weird placement of light switches.
2. Generally clean but some mildew in the bathroom
3. Water pressure not regulated - showered in scalding hot and lukewarm
4. Stains on curtain in living room (looked like water), not addressed though brought to front desk's attention.
5. Towels forgotten by housekeeping one day, requiring two calls to front desk while waiting to bath the kids.
6. Updating ongoing, my brother saw a rat in the parking lot . . . probably due to the reno's the vermin are being displaced. But uh . . .
7. Floors were uneven (weird)
8. Pool too cold to swim in despite apparently heated
9. Spa unusable - too cold - on another day (weather was mid seventies)

Would recommend looking elsewhere or being SURE you get a room that's been updated already - building one and two seemed in better shape at least from the outside - we were in 3030. Plan to write Hilton about this tomorrow actually - terrible value for $185/night. Have always been so pleased with ES's in DC, Niagara Falls, LAX, etc. Was a big let down.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by atsak
terrible value for $185/night.
It's spring training in Phoenix. Even the dumps are twice regular price right now. You're not going to get good value during absolute peak season for hotels in Phoenix.

That being said, given your description and OP's problem... I'd probably see if I could Priceline/Hotwire a four star instead if I could get a similar price to that ES (or maybe even less?), and sacrifice the points/status benefits.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's spring training in Phoenix. Even the dumps are twice regular price right now. You're not going to get good value during absolute peak season for hotels in Phoenix.

That being said, given your description and OP's problem... I'd probably see if I could Priceline/Hotwire a four star instead if I could get a similar price to that ES (or maybe even less?), and sacrifice the points/status benefits.
Good value, to me at least, would have been having the standard ES experience ie a well maintained room. I would have been happy paying the rate if the curtains were clean or more importantly cleaned when I asked, the towels were stocked and the pool was heated as advertised. The other stuff I would have overlooked.

Other Hilton properties nearby were advertising rates at about 30 - 40 a night more - so I'd recommend spending a little extra unless you can be assured an updated room - those appeared very nice.

To the hotels' credit they did offer some points compensation when I complained and responded within 24 hours, so I feel the matter was resolved satisfactorily and professionally.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Anyone have any info on the Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale:
9880 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ?

Looks like it is just south of Shea.

I'm going to a work event at a nearby hotel (another chain ) that is completely sold out, and this is very close and has an excellent rate ($111 before tax).

I used to live in metro Phoenix, but I can't remember the last time I've been to this area. Is it a new build, or converted from something else?

There is a Hampton Inn nearly right across the street. Rate is slightly higher. I could take that if it is better. Again, I don't really know that property either.

Both the Hilton and Doubletree Scottsdale resorts are considerably more. And I since I really won't be on-site much, it seems silly to pay $300+/night.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Anyone have any info on the Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale:
9880 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ?

Looks like it is just south of Shea.

I'm going to a work event at a nearby hotel (another chain ) that is completely sold out, and this is very close and has an excellent rate ($111 before tax).

I used to live in metro Phoenix, but I can't remember the last time I've been to this area. Is it a new build, or converted from something else?

There is a Hampton Inn nearly right across the street. Rate is slightly higher. I could take that if it is better. Again, I don't really know that property either.

Both the Hilton and Doubletree Scottsdale resorts are considerably more. And I since I really won't be on-site much, it seems silly to pay $300+/night.
Stayed here about 18 months ago. It was built as an HS with actual bedrooms and offered the standard HS breakfast and weekday dinner. Cocktail hour along with dinner consisted of draft beer and low dollar bottled wine. A little bit further drive up from Old Town than the resorts but I thought it was a decent place to stay for the price point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.