Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Also...to the OP...Phoenix and Scottsdale are adjacent to each other. I wouldn't rule out a property in either one because of which city it's in. Neither are 30 miles from the airport.

I know we're on a Hilton board here, but for a hotel with hiking in natural areas, a good onsite restaurant, a resort feel, nice grounds, and great views, I'd actually recommend the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. It might actually be the best hotel food I've ever had in the United States, and yes I realize that's a completely bizarre thing to say about a Sheraton. It's 20 minutes south of PHX.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
SP is very close to the Dreamy Draw entrance to the Phoenix Mountain Preserves, where I hike daily. Easy to difficult trails, both fairly flat and a lot of climbing. Good for both hiking and mountain biking. Restaurant is Aunt Chelada's (may be spelled wrong) not much view, great margaritas and they used to have a good happy hour, but I haven't been there for a few years.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
Extended Stay Locations in Phoenix/Glendale Area

Happy Holidays. I have the opportunity for a new career opportunity in the Phoenix Arizona area. However, it will require relocation from our current residence in Ohio and for myself to get out a few months earlier that wife and family so they the house can get on the market and kinds finish up the school year. Does anyone have any history/recommendations in extended stays? I do not want a bad location in bad area and also am efforting to work with a hotel chain as well for a discounted rate. Since this amout comes out of my relocation amount, Id like to keep costs low if possible.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: US,HH
Where is the location of the new office? Phoenix/Glendale is very spread out.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:28 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I've spent a few nights at the Homewood at Metro Center:

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...ons/index.html

It's smack dab in the center of the Valley from an East-West perspective, and just north of the center of the Valley from a North-South perspective. It's right at I-17, and not too far from 51. Most of Glendale will be a 5-15 minute drive, depending on which part of Glendale. Without traffic you can be to PHX (airport) in about 20 minutes, or an hour in the AM rush, little quicker in the evening.

It's a very typical Homewood. Nothing too outstanding or too detrimental. If an extended stay property near Glendale is your desire, I'd say this hits it pretty well.

The neighborhood is mostly industrial, but several restaurants within a 3-5 minute drive...And it is quite a safe area. I'm staying there for the 3rd time this spring.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by kellio33
Where is the location of the new office? Phoenix/Glendale is very spread out.
my apologies...it is located off of N 75th Ave in Phoenix...i dont mind a few minute drive
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:32 pm

my apologies...it is located off of N 75th Ave in Phoenix...i dont mind a few minute drive
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:14 pm

Ok, if it is indeed VB and 75th ave, you're going to be south of I10. I'd suggest staying in the Westgate area. Near U of P stadium, Gila River arena, tons and tons of restaurants and things to do, and the Mariners and Padres spring training facility right up the 101.
The only Hilton property fairly close to that is Hampton Inn and Suites, which may be a bit pricey. There is a Staybridge Suites right there that should be lower cost.
Depending on budget, you may want to check into corporate furnished apts.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by kellio33
Ok, if it is indeed VB and 75th ave, you're going to be south of I10. I'd suggest staying in the Westgate area. Near U of P stadium, Gila River arena, tons and tons of restaurants and things to do, and the Mariners and Padres spring training facility right up the 101.
The only Hilton property fairly close to that is Hampton Inn and Suites, which may be a bit pricey. There is a Staybridge Suites right there that should be lower cost.
Depending on budget, you may want to check into corporate furnished apts.
thank you...do you know of any corporate furnished apts or names of ones i could contact?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:15 pm

Check oakwood.com for the Phoenix/Glendale area.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:16 pm

thank you
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Lovely time in Phoenix

We had two very nice stays at Hilton Properties. One at the Boulders and another at the Biltmore. For the Boulders, you needed to call a golf cart valet for property shuttles. It's nice that after a long day of activities, they will come right away through the text system and pick you up from the parking lot.
The Biltmore was also very nice. We enjoyed the executive floor but there was not much a breakfast selection and if you were a single traveler, I thought the security through the back parking lot area could have been better. No key card is required and anyone could walk into the back area of the hotel at any time.
Lovely time at both places.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:38 pm

I found this image/caption on the HGI Phoenix Downtown page to be quite amusing. There are literally 15 Hilton hotels closer to ASU campus than the HGI Phoenix Downtown.
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Doctorslices
I found this image/caption on the HGI Phoenix Downtown page to be quite amusing. There are literally 15 Hilton hotels closer to ASU campus than the HGI Phoenix Downtown.
Marketing working overtime... I bet there are many many more "Phoenix Hotels" than just the 15 HH properties within the 12 miles radius and I don't consider 12 miles to be "close".
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As a former Phoenix resident I will say that many locals are used to long drives because of the sprawling nature of the metro area. So 12 miles to a Phoenician is nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.