Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Finished a 2 night stay at the Scottsdale Links Resort, a newer addition to the Hilton Vacation Club.

PROS:
- Good rate on a large 2-bedroom unit. $141/nt on a weekend when lots of my usual go-tos were higher thanks to ASU home game and family weekend.
- The front desk refunded the resort fee without any pushback after I simply asked what benefits I got with the fee. I wasn't even pushing for anything - just trying to figure out if bike rentals were included (they aren't). FDC basically said it's a junk fee and the only reason I was getting hit with it is because I booked through Hilton, suggesting that they still get a lot of reservations through whatever channel they were formerly affiliated with (?).
- Generally nice property - two big, uncrowded pool areas and hot tubs.
- Sofabed is queen size. Could sleep 2 kids reasonably comfortably, as sofabeds go.
- Clean unit, comfortable beds, good wifi. No issues with the unit.

CONS (all of these minor in the grand scheme of things)
- Didn't really have any Hilton feel beyond marketing materials in the lobby. It's new to the portfolio so maybe more is to come.
- Although it has "Links" in the name, it isn't really affiliated with anything golf related and does not have any golf amenities on-site. It's in Scottsdale, so near the TPC and a few other courses. Good base for a golf trip, but not a golf resort per se.
- Not really a resort vibe. If you didn't know if it was a Hilton, you might take it as a standard apartment complex with a late 80's / early 90's build vibe. That said, everything appeared to be well-maintained - just more an observation of the overall feel of the place.
- No onsite food/bev beyond a gift shop. Sort of in an office park area without much nearby - it would be a short drive to get anywhere for dinner if you aren't cooking at the unit.

Looks like a good affordable option if you want a full apartment in the Scottsdale area and don't find all of the traditional hotel amenities that important. Location is a little out of the way except for that one week when everybody is there for the Phoenix Open - in which case this place is in the best location (and presumably priced as such).
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pinniped
Finished a 2 night stay at the Scottsdale Links Resort, a newer addition to the Hilton Vacation Club.
I'd never heard of this place so checked it out on the map. It's a great North Scottsdale location, right next to the Marriott McDowell Mountain Resort. It is indeed close to TPC, as well as Taliesin, Kierland, and McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Another thing I should probably add as a "pro" - nobody at any point tried to pitch me a timeshare. Not even the usual first-evening voicemail offering free golf, free dinners, etc. I would have declined - we didn't have the time to use any freebies they would have offered us - but found it interesting and a bit refreshing that nobody tried.

Whether my stay triggers follow-up emails and phone calls later remains to be seen.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

I liked the hilton phoenix Airport for an overnight stay. It had an OK lounge the last time I stayed there

Regards

Tbs
Hi

Any recent stays at this property? I'm a Diamond member (nth year of last year as Diamond!). I will be there for 2 nights at the end of October before heading to the Grand Canyon. It's my 1st time in Phoenix. I have nothing particular in mind for the 2 days or anywhere I need to be except to pick up my rental car from Hertz when I leave. Just wandering, seeing the city and maybe having some good SW food!

I was originally thinking of staying at the Aloft by Marriott since it is closer to what look like some nice trails in Papago park and surroundings, but I can always take a few minutes by Uber if I need to or run along the river. Of course if the heat doesn't break, then I'll be spending more of my time sitting by the pool or in anywhere with AC!

The lounge, breakfast and pool, as well as being a bit quieter than the Aloft(?) are what I was mainly thinking about. I don't think that I've stayed in a US Hilton property with a lounge, so no idea what to expect. I assume it's pretty different from Asia or Europe!

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Hi

Any recent stays at this property? I'm a Diamond member (nth year of last year as Diamond!). I will be there for 2 nights at the end of October before heading to the Grand Canyon. It's my 1st time in Phoenix. I have nothing particular in mind for the 2 days or anywhere I need to be except to pick up my rental car from Hertz when I leave. Just wandering, seeing the city and maybe having some good SW food!

I was originally thinking of staying at the Aloft by Marriott since it is closer to what look like some nice trails in Papago park and surroundings, but I can always take a few minutes by Uber if I need to or run along the river. Of course if the heat doesn't break, then I'll be spending more of my time sitting by the pool or in anywhere with AC!

The lounge, breakfast and pool, as well as being a bit quieter than the Aloft(?) are what I was mainly thinking about. I don't think that I've stayed in a US Hilton property with a lounge, so no idea what to expect. I assume it's pretty different from Asia or Europe!

Thanks!

Hi,

From the website it suggests the lounge is open Sun- Thr ( closed Fri and Sat) 5-7pm

Not sure how accurate it is as most Hilton Lounges in the US have closed since covid

Also the full breakfast has been replaced with a F&B credit which may not cover the full cost of breakfast

I personally liked the Tapatio Cliffs resort ( beside the North Mountain reserve) with a number of pools and easy access to some reasonable trails ( there is a visitor centre across the road accessible by a short tunnel under the road from the tennis courts)

Regards

TBS
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I can always take a few minutes by Uber if I need to or run along the river. Of course if the heat doesn't break, then I'll be spending more of my time sitting by the pool or in anywhere with AC!
Don't stay by the airport. I'd suggest staying at a resort. Numerous Hilton and Marriott options. It's now cool in the mornings and relatively comfortable to run (at least before the sun gets too high). If you're not going to rent a car (and I'd suggest you rent one), you might want to stay in an area that's walkable, like Tempe or Old Town Scottsdale.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I was originally planning to rent a car at the airport when I arrived, but it's about double the price of renting in town, so I just decided to get one when I'm leaving Phoenix. I'm not super keen on driving around big cities in any case. I am regretting a bit not renting one of the Teslas that was on offer for not much extra!

I was almost convinced about staying in a resort until I saw the $39 nightly resort fee. That's more than 25% of the actual room price! Even if it includes fancy things like wifi and the fitness centre. Not sure that I get any Diamond benefits (or Gold Marriott elsewhere), so perhaps next year post-status if I come back for longer with my wife we can stay at one of them.

Looking at the Airport Hilton it seems to be in the middle of an industrial estate, so I'll have another look at options tomorrow. At Doubletree I'm not sure if I get breakfast (no lounge), but I definitely get a cookie! I'm probably putting way too much thought in to the whole thing .
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:01 pm

Stay at a Resort. Well worth the extra $39 Resort Fee. The Airport Hilton is in a VERY boring area, although I suppose it's just a couple miles from Mill Ave which is somewhat interesting. I'd personally go with a Resort though such as Boulders or Biltmore or even Tapatio Cliffs. I'd go with Canopy Downtown Tempe or even Doubletree Tempe over Hilton Airport as well.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Stay at a Resort. Well worth the extra $39 Resort Fee. The Airport Hilton is in a VERY boring area, although I suppose it's just a couple miles from Mill Ave which is somewhat interesting. I'd personally go with a Resort though such as Boulders or Biltmore or even Tapatio Cliffs. I'd go with Canopy Downtown Tempe or even Doubletree Tempe over Hilton Airport as well.
Or Canopy Scottsdale or DT PV/Scottsdale.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have similar question as painintheuk. It will be our last night in Phoenix area after visiting GC. I was looking for the hotels up north but a lot of info online suggests traffic jams in the morning coming towards the airport. Our flight departs at 10am and I have to return the car before checking in for the flight. Don't want to stress in the morning so prefer staying close to the airport. What lured me to this hotel is that they are stating on their site that they have exec lounge (it is secondary priority to the proximity to the airport). I don't remember when was the last time I was at the Hilton property in US that had a lounge.
However, the plan is to arrive late afternoon and then go for a nice dinner to Scottsdale or Chandler area (never been to those areas before).
Any help with the selection is appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I have similar question as painintheuk. It will be our last night in Phoenix area after visiting GC. I was looking for the hotels up north but a lot of info online suggests traffic jams in the morning coming towards the airport. Our flight departs at 10am and I have to return the car before checking in for the flight. Don't want to stress in the morning so prefer staying close to the airport. What lured me to this hotel is that they are stating on their site that they have exec lounge (it is secondary priority to the proximity to the airport). I don't remember when was the last time I was at the Hilton property in US that had a lounge.
However, the plan is to arrive late afternoon and then go for a nice dinner to Scottsdale or Chandler area (never been to those areas before).
Any help with the selection is appreciated. Thanks
Not clear what property you're asking about. In general, if you draw a line from the Squaw Peak Hilton to the Biltmore and then to the Phoenician, anything below that will be a relatively easy shot south to the airport in the morning, even during rush hour (15-25 minutes).
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Anyone have any recent stays or thoughts on the following Hilton properties in Chandler:
* Hilton Chandler
* Homewood Suites Phoenix/Chandler Fashion Center
* Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler Fashion Center
* Home2 Suites Phoenix/Chandler

I've stayed at both the Hilton and Homewood, but they were years ago when I lived there. The Hilton was brand new, and the Homewood was fairly new when we stayed there just before driving to Texas. Both were fine at the time. If memory serves, the Hampton and Homewood are in the same building.

I'll have a 5-night stay for work next month. I'm leaning toward the Homewood, just for a comfortable place. The Home2 is newer than I remember, but I don't like getting half the points.

I could possibly go with the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Chandler, if it would be worthwhile. When I lived there, I went to brunch at the San Marcos a few times, and ate at restaurants downtown...plenty to walk to. So long as the hotel provides parking (it is a pain otherwise).
Old Dec 16, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
Anyone have any recent stays or thoughts on the following Hilton properties in Chandler:
* Hilton Chandler
* Homewood Suites Phoenix/Chandler Fashion Center
* Hampton Inn Phoenix/Chandler Fashion Center
* Home2 Suites Phoenix/Chandler

I've stayed at both the Hilton and Homewood, but they were years ago when I lived there. The Hilton was brand new, and the Homewood was fairly new when we stayed there just before driving to Texas. Both were fine at the time. If memory serves, the Hampton and Homewood are in the same building.

I'll have a 5-night stay for work next month. I'm leaning toward the Homewood, just for a comfortable place. The Home2 is newer than I remember, but I don't like getting half the points.

I could possibly go with the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Chandler, if it would be worthwhile. When I lived there, I went to brunch at the San Marcos a few times, and ate at restaurants downtown...plenty to walk to. So long as the hotel provides parking (it is a pain otherwise).
I haven't stayed at any of these (locally) but when I'm traveling, it's either Homewood or Hilton Gardens, they don't seem to deviate from the brand from location to location. Always a solid product. When are you in town?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I haven't stayed at any of these (locally) but when I'm traveling, it's either Homewood or Hilton Gardens, they don't seem to deviate from the brand from location to location. Always a solid product. When are you in town?
I live in the Austin, TX area now. But I'll be in Chandler near these properties for work.

Like I said earlier, I stayed at the Hilton when I lived there (we were painting and I found a good rate), and we stayed at that Homewood Suites just before moving. It actually was much newer and nicer than the Homewood we stayed at here in Round Rock while waiting for furniture to be delivered.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 6:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aztimm
* Hilton Chandler
I've stayed there 2 weeks ago. Very convenient to highway. In a morning rush hour it took only 20 minutes to get to PHX airport (which here in DC the same distance would take at least an hour or more). Got upgraded to junior suite (my first upgrade at Hilton in the last 4-5 years!) Clean hotel, free parking, breakfast was not bad.
From this hotel you have 15 minutes to go pretty much everywhere. I would stay in this hotel again if I was there for work or leisure.
aztimm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.