Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:38 am

Anyone stayed at the new Hilton North Scottsdale at Cavasson? Its new as of 2022. Is is too far north for a leisure trip? Was looking at this or maybe the Canopy for a trip in March.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AMSR
Anyone stayed at the new Hilton North Scottsdale at Cavasson? Its new as of 2022. Is is too far north for a leisure trip? Was looking at this or maybe the Canopy for a trip in March.
I live nearby. It's a great area and most of the valley is easily accessible via 101 Loop. You're relatively close to Taliesin West, the Musical Instrument Museum, lots of hiking, and many dining options. Rooms on the east side will have a nice view of the McDowells. But it is not at all walkable. Canopy is right in Old Town Scottsdale and the immediate area is very walkable, with many bars, restaurants, and galleries.
AMSR likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I live nearby. It's a great area and most of the valley is easily accessible via 101 Loop. You're relatively close to Taliesin West, the Musical Instrument Museum, lots of hiking, and many dining options. Rooms on the east side will have a nice view of the McDowells. But it is not at all walkable. Canopy is right in Old Town Scottsdale and the immediate area is very walkable, with many bars, restaurants, and galleries.
Thanks. Is the old town area a big party area or more chill? If push comes to shove walkable is nice but I don’t want to be fighting the bar crowd all the time.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AMSR
Thanks. Is the old town area a big party area or more chill? If push comes to shove walkable is nice but I don’t want to be fighting the bar crowd all the time.
There's a section of Old Town (other side of N. Drinkwater) that is crazy party town, mostly a 20s crowd. Canopy is a bit aways from that, but there will be people staying there who are there primarily to party. Convenience will depend on what you're planning to do.
AMSR likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:23 pm

Duplicate.

Last edited by AMSR; Dec 23, 2023 at 2:14 am
Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:26 pm

I've stayed at the Hilton North Scottsdale/Cavasson a few times. It's sparkling, new, with fantastic staff. The rooms are all nicely updated and spotless.
There is nothing over there. It's sort of like a construction site.

The Canopy is far better for a holiday. The rooms are too small for my taste, but the staff are kind, the rooftop pool is beautiful, and the restaurant is brilliant. It is walking distance to shops, restaurants, and museums.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:27 pm

Has anyone stayed at the DT by the airport since the updated it?
  • I've never stayed at the Hilton Airport. It never seemed terribly appealing.
  • The Marriott has a dank feel to it, and the staff alway seem to be "dialing it in."
  • The Crowne Plaza makes me want to cry.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mats
  • The Marriott has a dank feel to it, and the staff alway seem to be "dialing it in."
Airport Hotels have never been one for the ritz and glamor, just someplace to lay your head and be close to your next flight.

I haven't been to Crowne Plaza since 2019, and that was right by Dublin Airport, it was drap.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:56 pm

I've stayed at the Hilton North Scottsdale/Cavasson a few times. It's sparkling, new, with fantastic staff. The rooms are all nicely updated and spotless.
There is nothing over there. It's sort of like a construction site.
There's plenty in the area, but you have to drive. The only stuff that's walkable are the offices in the adjacent office park.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
As an airport hotel it works perfectly. Nice staff, decent rooms, very convenient shuttle.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Two Phoenix area stays over the New Year's break: Canopy Tempe and the Hilton Airport

Canopy Tempe

I had a two night stay at the Canopy Tempe. I was upgraded to a corner room which I liked very much. It was a little dark in the bedroom, but it was very comfortable. This room had an entry way area with a wardrobe, coffee station, refrigerator drawer, a double sink and the toilet/shower in a room with those annoying barn doors. But it worked well, as the bedroom was beyond with another barn door if you wanted to shut it.

As a corner room, there were windows facing south and west. Nice views. The bed was comfortable, but a mattress on a platform, so a little low. But the climate control worked well and I slept great.

Bathroom shower was of a great design. A fixed glass, and a sliding glass, so no water leakage. The controls were on the side you could access while the shower head was on the other side. So you could adjust the temperature without getting wet. Best shower design in a hotel I've seen in a long time.

I got the standard $15 credit for breakfast, but to my surprise, it almost covered all of a delicious breakfast. The first morning, I had a breakfast burrito that was great. My bill came to $17. Definitely superior to any 'made to order' breakfast at Hilton Garden. The second morning, she didn't charge me for coffee, so the breakfast was covered by the voucher. Another great breakfast. I had complimented the chef the first morning, so this time, my breakfast was very substantial. Great staff.

I had dinner one night on the rooftop. It was nice, but a little pricey, and a little chilly.

I used an Amex offer and got an $80 credit on my Surpass card.

Hilton Airport:

They allowed me to check in at 10 AM. I was upgraded to a nice room. There is an executive lounge. There was no manager's receptions when I was there (probably due to the holiday) but I was given a voucher for a free appetizer at the restaurant downstairs. At first I was annoyed, but the appetizers were dinner sized, so I had a great chicken quesadilla and I bought a beer.

The room was very nice. Large. Lots of space. Great bed. Powerful climate control. I slept really well.

Breakfast was a little disappointing. There is a buffet, its $23. An omelet station, but it was slow. All in all, a good breakfast, but not worth $23. There is a little grab and go shop in the lobby too.

I think the biggest problem is the location. Its a really easy shuttle ride with a friendly driver both to and from the airport, but once you are there, its a food desert (in the desert). I ended up grabbing a Lyft to downtown Tempe for a fun afternoon of drinking beer and eating wings at a fun brew pub and met some interesting people at the bar. Then a nice Lyft ride back. It was about $8 each way. I think parking is free if you rent a car though.

I would stay here again for a quick one night before a flight. Very comfortable. But I preferred the location of the Canopy. Tempe is a nice town to walk around in.

As this is my first Hilton stay of the quarter, I should get a $50 credit on my Surpass card.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Will be heading to the area with my partner and spending 2 nights on our own dime before moving to a conference at the Phoenician. Figured we'd make use of our Aspire credit, and the Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort. Doubletree Resort Scottsdale, Hilton Tapatio, and Hilton Scottsdale are fairly comparably priced. The Embassy Suites looks fine and is the cheapest, so we were leaning towards there (we get in super late at night on Friday and will head to the Phoenician Sunday). Doesn't seem like any of these properties had a ton of recent reports on here, so curious if anyone has thoughts. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Will be heading to the area with my partner and spending 2 nights on our own dime before moving to a conference at the Phoenician. Figured we'd make use of our Aspire credit, and the Embassy Suites Scottsdale Resort. Doubletree Resort Scottsdale, Hilton Tapatio, and Hilton Scottsdale are fairly comparably priced. The Embassy Suites looks fine and is the cheapest, so we were leaning towards there (we get in super late at night on Friday and will head to the Phoenician Sunday). Doesn't seem like any of these properties had a ton of recent reports on here, so curious if anyone has thoughts. Thanks
What are you looking to do? Will you have a car? When will you be here (dates)?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What are you looking to do? Will you have a car? When will you be here (dates)?
We're currently booked in at one night the Tapatio Cliffs on a promo rate we found and then using a FNA at the Phoenician the second. For one night, it seemed saving $100 there over the Embassy Suites made sense. (Especially since we arrive around 1am). It's late February, and we were going to do a hike and Taliesin West, and otherwise just relax a bit in warmer weather than the Northeast. Low expectations. We will have a rental car, and aware Tapatio Cliffs is a bit farther from the Phoenician.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Adam1222
We're currently booked in at one night the Tapatio Cliffs on a promo rate we found and then using a FNA at the Phoenician the second. For one night, it seemed saving $100 there over the Embassy Suites made sense. (Especially since we arrive around 1am). It's late February, and we were going to do a hike and Taliesin West, and otherwise just relax a bit in warmer weather than the Northeast. Low expectations. We will have a rental car, and aware Tapatio Cliffs is a bit farther from the Phoenician.
Tapatio is a nice place, close to many hiking areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.