FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Phoenix, Arizona, USA {US-AZ}
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:49 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
A few recent data points:

ES on Thomas/24th - I had to stay there for four nights last month because the DT had a conference. This place is a dump, in a dumpy neighborhood. A comedy of errors both on their part (too many to mention) and not on their part (12 hours without power due to a monsoon). Breakfast was horrible. Stay away.
Originally Posted by CMK10
My Father just recently stayed at the Embassy Suites on 44th Street and Thomas. I believe this is listed as the PHX Airport East. He had a very pleasant stay and I joined him for breakfast one day and was impressed by it. It's near the AZ-202 Freeway which will make it easy to get to any games you'll be seeing.
Had a one-night stay this week at the Embassy Suites Thomas &24th. Was very pleasantly surprised. Was by far the cheapest option in snowbird-infested Arizona-in-January.

Room and entire property was immaculate; staff very very cordial and helpful. Highspeed internet actually high speed. Breakfast, while not as good as some ES's or HGI's was certainly not "horrible." Lots of cooked-to-order options and the short-order chef was cordial and seemed to enjoy his work.

I also very much like the fact that every room has a balcony -- nice for watching planes on approach or takeoff at PHX.

Airport shuttle was fast and the driver helpful and affable.

Yes, the neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but not horrible. The hotel also has good -- evident but not obtrusive -- security. And I really liked the open-air layout much more than the typical "atrium" Embassy.