Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nice. Only a few international hotels are not participating. Tough luck for US travelers though. http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Not so bad for me. I travel to SF a lot, and all the SF hotels (I don't count the SFO hotels, they're too far away from SF to be useful for me) are participating.

Even the Milwaukee hotel I'll be in for an event is participating.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by catawba
@:-) When I consider a hotel and find it on these lists, I am going to add it to my own list of hotels I am no longer participating with going forward, even after the promotion ends.
So that they have no incentive to participate in the future?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Toolmaker96
So, why would individual properties want to opt out of these types of promotions?
Does the property have to pay for the points distribution in some form?
Yes, properties pay for points "they" award.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by cjd
You'll get 3 x base points plus any other points such as 50% bonus for being diamond etc.
Why 3X?

I don't have any status with HHonors, and if I book a rate with 2X points, plus I have registered in the Double points promo, shouldn't I get 4X points?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by raj_cl
Why 3X?

I don't have any status with HHonors, and if I book a rate with 2X points, plus I have registered in the Double points promo, shouldn't I get 4X points?
Because its only the base points that are doubled. So if your stay normally earned 1000 base points; the 2x rate would add another 1000 and then the promotion would add another 1000. Both are doubling the base 1000. Hence the total received is 3000.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by taylormuk
Because its only the base points that are doubled. So if your stay normally earned 1000 base points; the 2x rate would add another 1000 and then the promotion would add another 1000. Both are doubling the base 1000. Hence the total received is 3000.
Firstly thx a ton for the prompt response. Makes sense. Helps me make my decision as I'm about to book a room rate.

Do you know what would the receipt show, like will it say 2X points package?

Asking because I'll be on company travel, and while the rate differential between regular and 2X is only $8 more per day, it could be embarrassing to see a big 2X points package on the expense report.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yeah I'm now wondering if it's worth it.......my example - I'm at Canary wharf next Friday 2x rate is £105 ( this is what I booked) however I can get it for £76 on a pr code.....is £29 worth it for the extra base points....hmmmmm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
Points & Miles preference question

If I choose the double the miles option, do I get the 10x dollar spend doubled?
As in if I spent $2000 which gives me 20,000 base points, do I get 20,000 miles and another 20,000 for a total of 40,000 miles OR do I get 1 mile for every dollar spent and then another mile for the double promo? $2000 spend = 2000 miles X 2 for a total of 4000 miles.

I always opted for the points and points so I'm not sure how the points & miles option works.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Thanks! Unfortunately my travel patterns rarely take me to locations with Conrad or W-A hotels. Still, worth knowing, just in case.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi HHonors OUTSIDER,

At this time, I do not have any other details or information on the specifics of what the targeted offers will entail. As I receive more updates, I will share them here!

Cheers,
Erin
Hi Erin,

Without any knowledge of the specifics of the targeted offers, can you give us a timeframe over which those of us that were not included in the February targeted offers should anticipate receiving a targeted offer? Next month, next quarter, or just once later this year?

Perhaps I was mistaken, but I was under the impression that all of us would eventually receive a targeted offer. Is that correct?

Oops, I thought I had already asked this, but it was in the other promo thread. Your reply there states "when a global bonus promotion is not in effect, every HHonors member will receive at least one targeted offer during the year." Thanks for the info, Erin!

Last edited by GJS - yow; Feb 28, 2015 at 6:48 am Reason: missed response by Erin in another thread
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raj_cl
Firstly thx a ton for the prompt response. Makes sense. Helps me make my decision as I'm about to book a room rate.

Do you know what would the receipt show, like will it say 2X points package?

Asking because I'll be on company travel, and while the rate differential between regular and 2X is only $8 more per day, it could be embarrassing to see a big 2X points package on the expense report.
If it has the rate type, it would likely say something like that. On company travel, I consider it unethical (at best) for them to pay more to get me a personal benefit. I'd pay the $8 myself in that case. (If I'll use the points to save the company money later that doesn't apply.)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by sethb
If it has the rate type, it would likely say something like that. On company travel, I consider it unethical (at best) for them to pay more to get me a personal benefit. I'd pay the $8 myself in that case. (If I'll use the points to save the company money later that doesn't apply.)
+1. If it does, you may ask back if they can write you a separate bill showing only "accomodation" and pay cash the exceeding parts of the total bill.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
+1. If it does, you may ask back if they can write you a separate bill showing only "accomodation" and pay cash the exceeding parts of the total bill.
I like the suggestion and would love if it was so simple, but almost (because there's never a 100%) sure no hotel will give a folio saying $X and you pay $Y in cash, where X+Y is the total bill.

Also regarding someone paying X+Y but only expensing $X, try visualizing the scenario where the traveler would note a comment on the expense report, that while the bill shows X+Y, I'm only expensing X, because Y was for the extra points. Impractical and could lead to a whole series of back and forth with accounting.

For what it's worth, I don't think the 2X points are worth the hassle.

This is a good forum guys, helpful, quick to respond folks, thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pocahontas
If I choose the double the miles option, do I get the 10x dollar spend doubled?
As in if I spent $2000 which gives me 20,000 base points, do I get 20,000 miles and another 20,000 for a total of 40,000 miles OR do I get 1 mile for every dollar spent and then another mile for the double promo? $2000 spend = 2000 miles X 2 for a total of 4000 miles.

I always opted for the points and points so I'm not sure how the points & miles option works.
The second case. Miles are rarely a good deal (though there's a VS 4x/3x miles promotion that would get you 20k miles on $2k spend with certain hotels with the addition of the 2x miles bonus).
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
What I've done before for non-reimbursable expenses is review the folio at check out and make two separate credit card payments, 1 that matches what I will expense and 1 that is a personal charge. That would be made more complicated by something like a 2X rate, because if it's a higher room rate, then anything that is based off the rate such as sales and occupancy taxes will be increased by the higher room rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.