Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT/1MM
Just registered after seeing this thread. No email confirmation, though when I try to register again I'm told I'm already registered. Should I contact HH cust svc and request email confirmation? Upcoming trip to Italy...and none of our hotels have opted out!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I just registered and now see that virtually every US Hilton I would consider staying at is not participating.

This is borderline false advertising and just infuriates customers. I really don't understand what has happened to marketing people in the hospitality industry - they clearly don't know what they are doing.

It would be a whole lot better to run campaign offering "double miles for selected Hilton properties" to encourage people to stay at them.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
I registered right after seeing the original post in this thread (Feb 24) and immediately received a confirmation email. I was amazed on Feb 26 to receive an email from Hilton HHonors announcing the promotion! I really think they are turning the corner on their IT issues. This is the first promotion announcement I have ever received, even if it was a couple of days late and after I had already registered.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ho Hum, once again no email notification even after being told that I had been removed from the global opt-out list, and nothing but wine and credit cards on the "My Offers" page on the website.

Maybe by the next promo in 6 months time it'll have filtered through...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by larreajoe
Just registered after seeing this thread. No email confirmation, though when I try to register again I'm told I'm already registered. Should I contact HH cust svc and request email confirmation? Upcoming trip to Italy...and none of our hotels have opted out!
Hi,

I have never received a confirmation mail of having signed for a promo and always has been OK.
I actually did not know that they were sending confirmations as others have posted here.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by docbert
Ho Hum, once again no email notification even after being told that I had been removed from the global opt-out list, and nothing but wine and credit cards on the "My Offers" page on the website.

+1
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by raj_cl
I like the suggestion and would love if it was so simple, but almost (because there's never a 100%) sure no hotel will give a folio saying $X and you pay $Y in cash, where X+Y is the total bill.

Also regarding someone paying X+Y but only expensing $X, try visualizing the scenario where the traveler would note a comment on the expense report, that while the bill shows X+Y, I'm only expensing X, because Y was for the extra points. Impractical and could lead to a whole series of back and forth with accounting.
I've done that sort of thing a lot and never had a problem. (Sometimes I did personal stuff that saved the company money. E.g. they had me traveling NYC-BRD-NYC. I decided to spend a weekend in SAN; I would pay the difference. NYC-SAN-BRD-NYC turned out to be about $1000 cheaper. Other times I'll add days to a stay and use points for the correct number of days, though the points days will be the most expensive ones. If it's 50K points/night, it doesn't matter to me whether it's the $179 night or the $600 night I'm using points on. Well, it does, but I'm not going to increase the company's costs just to earn more points; that's wrong, even if the $600 night is the one they want me there for.)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, WN, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HY, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sethb
So that they have no incentive to participate in the future?
Good point. I will still give them a chance if they reform their ways, but no guarantees. Depends on whether I have found a better hotel in the area by then.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by docbert

I saw the same thing on my offers also, but went to the link and received a confirmation email right afterwards.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by catawba
Good point. I will still give them a chance if they reform their ways, but no guarantees. Depends on whether I have found a better hotel in the area by then.
Remember: the winning strategy (per a lot of Game Theory research and experiments) is Tit-for-Tat. When you cooperate, I cooperate. When you defect, I defect. That gets the other side to learn to cooperate best.

(There are modifications that might do slightly better in various situations. Being a little more forgiving helps, but only a little.)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Double Your HHonors promo - to be merged

I registered and directly went to look at the list of opt-outs. This year's promotion will be better for me than last year when I had to stay in 3 hotels in Upstate NY that did not participate. This time around, I'm staying in 3 hotels that are participating and one of them is one that did not participate last year. I hope that the list does not change.

Sorry, very wrong thread. I was supposed to be on a Hilton thread but don't know how to move this to the right one. The 2015 Double your HHonors promotion!

Last edited by StuckinITH; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:33 pm Reason: Wrong thread
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
I miss the triple points promotion of last year...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:03 am

Conrad promotion for 2015

Could someone please provide me a link to 2015 extra points promotions for Conrad hotels? Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Originally Posted by TinDrum
Could someone please provide me a link to 2015 extra points promotions for Conrad hotels? Thanks
There are two:

5k for two night stay

2k per night

My experience is that they stack, i.e., a 2 night stay posted as 9k bonus points.

ETA: GentleGiant - seems to be an echo in here!

Last edited by 24.05.2004; Mar 2, 2015 at 7:37 am Reason: simultaneous posting remark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.