Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Clicked through to the promotion link, put in my username (hhonors number not required) and NEW password, and was told I was registered. 15 seconds later received an email actual to my address on file with hhonors confirming that I was registered! Stunned. I have not been happy with hhonors in general and hhonors IT in specific as of late, but credit where credit is due - a step in the right direction.
Same here! I received a confirmation e-mail that I was registered - it's a first! Stunned (pleasantly).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
In light of the 700 to 800 hotels that are non-participating for purposes of this promotion, this might be better characterized as a "targeted" promo than a "global" promo. Or does "global" mean everywhere EXCEPT the US?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:14 am

What's the point of a promo if it's good in like 2 hotels?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Worst. Promotion. Ever.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael19887
It looks like it may be beneficial to shift stays to the WA and Conrad brands when possible during this promotion. Unless I missed it or the list isn't complete, it doesn't look like a single WA or Conrad opted out! When the 2x points is combined with the 2k night/add'l 5k for 2 nights bonuses, there are some generous earning opportunities out there.
And don't forget the 3 stays , 10,000 points offer at Conrad also.

I think this promotion works pretty good for me. I've got a booking coming up which is
2 night Conrad Dubai
12 nights Conrad Maldives
2 nights Conrad Dubai

I think that will be about 375k points in total. Can't complain.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7

I think this promotion works pretty good for me. I've got a booking coming up which is
2 night Conrad Dubai
2 nights Conrad Dubai

For the Maldives stay, don't forget that you are limited to a maximum of 100,000 HH base points per stay.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Bummer. I was just about to re-book 37 nights over to Hilton from Marriott due to this promotion stacked with the Diamond 2x/3x promotion but the property I need to stay at (Homewood Suites Houston Galleria - need the kitchen) is not participating (again). Without this extra promotion I can't justify a bail out from Marriott Megabonus plus a longer commute.

I have already called out the property as a chronic non-participator on TripAdvisor (in the title of the review even!) but they don't care. Sales Rep response on the review was "sorry about the confusion over the promo..."??.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by AnthonyF1227
What's the point of a promo if it's good in like 2 hotels?
I agree. It is getting to the point where it might be easier to list the hotels ARE participating rather than vice versa.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle

2 night Conrad Dubai
2 nights Conrad Dubai

Nice! Agreed, and I tend to shift all personal stays to these two brands whenever the location permits it. I wanted to point out though that if you tapped the 2k/3k/5k last year it won't restart in 2015.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
For the Maldives stay, don't forget that you are limited to a maximum of 100,000 HH base points per stay.
Yep, 100k base points in the Maldives, 100k double points promotion, 100k diamond (points and points) profile, and finally approx 75k from all the stackable Conrad promotions.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Nice! Agreed, and I tend to shift all personal stays to these two brands whenever the location permits it. I wanted to point out though that if you tapped the 2k/3k/5k last year it won't restart in 2015.
I thought I read over on loyalty lobby that all these promos at Conrad from 2014 were still working in 2015? Not the end of the World if it's not.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
For properties of interest to me, the list appears quite similar to earlier promotions. When there are options, vote with your feet, try to support properties that participate.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:56 am

I thought I read over on loyalty lobby that all these promos at Conrad from 2014 were still working in 2015? Not the end of the World if it's not.
There is a report on Loyalty Lobby from someone who completed the promo in 2014. The only bonus points that posted on a 2015 stay was the 2K per night NOT the 2x/3x/5x for 3 stays points.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:00 am

Embassy Suites Santa Clara and Hilton Santa Clara have basically opted out of any promotions in recent years. So have most of the Hilton hotels in the Bay Area. Can HHonors do something about this? I've been a loyal customer for years (always paid stays and Diamond since last year). These two hotels are the closest to work but I can't justify staying there anymore since every other hotel chain have hotels that's on promotion. If I have to drive 20 minutes, I might as well stay at a hotel that participates in a promotion (plenty of choices from SPG or Marriott) if I'm willing to go that far.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michaelzhzh
Can HHonors do something about this?
Hilton does not traditionally have control of their offsprings

Of course HHonors can do something about this but they have chosen not to. It is too expensive for the hotels to participate so many of them pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.