Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Double Your Honors promotion!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by username
Hilton does not traditionally have control of their offsprings

Of course HHonors can do something about this but they have chosen not to. It is too expensive for the hotels to participate so many of them pass.
I think the real issue is that the lower brands such as Hampton, Homewood and HGI run very lean operations. Notice that few Hiltons are on the list. And hardly any international properties. Those properties have a bit more of a marketing budget.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think the real issue is that the lower brands such as Hampton, Homewood and HGI run very lean operations. Notice that few Hiltons are on the list. And hardly any international properties. Those properties have a bit more of a marketing budget.
I agree with this. Skimming the list, it struck me that the properties opting out looked largely to be 2nd/3rd-tier properties that probably didn't have much slack in their budgets. Also, the list seemed to feature a lot of properties where price and/or the very existence of a property in that location (airports, middle of nowhere) is more likely to be a determining factor in a booking, as opposed to a promotion drawing people in.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I didn't get the 100k points

I didn't get the 2x/3x offer

All the hotels I stay at have opted out.

Thanks for nothing, Hilton.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I agree with this. Skimming the list, it struck me that the properties opting out looked largely to be 2nd/3rd-tier properties that probably didn't have much slack in their budgets. Also, the list seemed to feature a lot of properties where price and/or the very existence of a property in that location (airports, middle of nowhere) is more likely to be a determining factor in a booking, as opposed to a promotion drawing people in.
That may be true in some states but definitely not in California. I'd be lucky if I can find one within driving distance that are participating and are not sold out. I wonder why are all the SPG and Marriott hotels actively participating in their promotions, and they all actually have lower nightly rates than the Hilton ones! Most of my stays this year will be 2-3 weeks. I'm serious considering the Platinum run from SPG.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I didn't get the 100k points

I didn't get the 2x/3x offer

All the hotels I stay at have opted out.

Thanks for nothing, Hilton.
Nor the Diamond fast rack, nor the 4Q14 stays toward 2016 status.

With that embarrassing list of opt-outs, there is nothing "global" about it. Everything I've experienced in the past 6 months has been a kick in the teeth telling me that my Diamond status is not worth the same as everybody elses. Here's my "loyalty", Hilton. Where is yours?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by particlemn
not sure what I did wrong but I have not gotten an email yet. when I try to reregister it says I am already registered.
Me too, weird!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by timfountain
Me too, weird!
No successful registration email for me either, and I do get other emails from HHonors. I've just sent an email to HHonors asking them to confirm I'm registered (even though it has said I am when I try it again).

I'd like something in writing as I had lots of problems when I registered for the last promotion then not all hotel stays credited properly and halfway through I appeared not to be registered. Erin helpfully got it sorted out but it took a while.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
So if I want double points, not miles, do I switch preference to points-points? Amazingly my stay in Raleigh next week is participating! What a sad list though...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:49 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL
Again...pretty much everything in the entire Richmond, VA area (minus Hampton in Short Pump). Even the more expensive HGI in downtown is on the opt-out list! Things have gotten WORSE!!

Guess I'll focus on a few more stays to maintain Diamond but then it's back to Hyatt for me!

So much for this:

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi ScrodmanFL,

Just wanted to let you know that there is no opt out list as all properties will be participating in the 2X Points during weekday stays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and 3X Points during weekend stays (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

Also, the next official global bonus promotion will start March 1, 2015, and I will have more details to share at the end of February.

Cheers,
Erin
Thanks, Erin.

Guess I can test that out in a couple weeks then.
Although...this *has* been working but if this was a global promotion then why is the next one losing SO MANY Hilton properties???
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by michaelzhzh
Embassy Suites Santa Clara and Hilton Santa Clara have basically opted out of any promotions in recent years. So have most of the Hilton hotels in the Bay Area. Can HHonors do something about this? I've been a loyal customer for years (always paid stays and Diamond since last year). These two hotels are the closest to work but I can't justify staying there anymore since every other hotel chain have hotels that's on promotion. If I have to drive 20 minutes, I might as well stay at a hotel that participates in a promotion (plenty of choices from SPG or Marriott) if I'm willing to go that far.
I did not notice the SJC Doubletree on the list - not far from the 2 above properties.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nice. Only a few international hotels are not participating. Tough luck for US travelers though. http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...ng-hotels.html
Wow, it almost look like all Hilton properties in some states like CA and TX.

I'll stick with SPG properties.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
I did not notice the SJC Doubletree on the list - not far from the 2 above properties.
Yes but it's sold out for my next trip. I have stayed at the SJC Doubletree multiple times before as this hotel seems to be the only one participating in any Hilton promotion. I think they've noticed this and raised their price. It used to be comparable to the two in Santa Clara and now the SJC Doubletree is actually higher. With the traffic on 101, it easily takes me 20 minutes to drive and there're many options in that range. There're two Marriott hotels right in Santa Clara. Several SPG hotels in Cupertino. All of them are actually cheaper. Sometimes by 1/3. So it makes no sense to me why the Hiltons are not participating in promotions.

Hilton is making it harder and harder for me to stay loyal.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by LucWise
For those of us who got the double/triple promotion with the 100k bonus, I assume we can't double dip on this?
Originally Posted by diver858
+1.

They appear to be different promos, with overlapping effective dates, see no reason why not.

With that said ...Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers...

FAQs have not yet been posted.
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know I'm checking in on this with my team now.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
For US properties the list would probably be shorter if they just listed participating properties instead of properties opting out.

I'm surprised the SF Hiltons didn't opt out like they always do. Maybe the Parc 55 decided to not opt out of promos and they have some competition now.

All the properties I am booked at have opted out except for the Palmer House and the Fashion District Hilton. I have expensive stays at the Seattle Hilton and the Boston Back Bay Hilton booked and since it doesn't look like I will need the breakfast, I am seriously considering moving those stays to SPG's.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:50 pm

Have you seen the list of non-participating hotels!? The list is huge. This is a real disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.