Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Unhappy how much does Hilton group care about their HH Diamond members ?

Hi Ashleigh ,
my wife & I have been HH members since 04/1995 and we have been HH Diamond for many past years .We always have paid for our stays as we do not get status through a cc and always chose Hilton group hotels where we could to get to our min.60 nights per year .
I just posted a review of a stay @ Hilton Vienna on Trip Advisor and part of it reads :
"Being a HH Diamond-member still clearly means a lot to the managment of Hilton Austria & especially at this Hilton !
Our repeat bussiness and years of fidelity in HH are clearly rewarded with super upgrades , extra attentive service and late check out when it is posssible !
=> US-based Hiltons should be shown by global Hilton managment how a HH Dia. level guest is still appreciated at this location."

As many other HH Diamond members seem to feel these past years , we clearly can see that being a Diamond means less and less in US based hotels ; that the difference between Dia. and GLD is becoming non excistent and that in many hotels the front desk staff or local managment does not seem to care if one is dia. , gold ...and certainly managment does not care about providing upgrades or something extra for faithfull Dia. guests !

Ashleigh ,
can you please try to get an answer from your superiors why :
a)it seems impossible to consistently pre-upgrade Dia. guests to junior- suites or suites in US based properties ?
b) the HH guidelines for what a Dia. should get are so unclear and open for interpretation that we as guests never know in US based Hiltons what we might get .
c) that most front desk staff in many US based hotels seems oblivious to the rewards of HH status and almost makes one feel bad to have to request what is promised in HH brochures...

Why do most European and Asian Hiltons & Conrad's treat Diamond guests in a correct way and make us feel appreciated for the amounts of $ & €.spent to reach our current level .
If all guests get treated the same way , then what is the point of a loyalty program as HH?

Feel free to pm me or have someone from another dept. contact me for detailed info ...@:-)@:-)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:47 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by kahuna1993
Hi Ashleigh ,
my wife & I have been HH members since 04/1995 and we have been HH Diamond for many past years .We always have paid for our stays as we do not get status through a cc and always chose Hilton group hotels where we could to get to our min.60 nights per year .
I just posted a review of a stay @ Hilton Vienna on Trip Advisor and part of it reads :
"Being a HH Diamond-member still clearly means a lot to the managment of Hilton Austria & especially at this Hilton !
Our repeat bussiness and years of fidelity in HH are clearly rewarded with super upgrades , extra attentive service and late check out when it is posssible !
=> US-based Hiltons should be shown by global Hilton managment how a HH Dia. level guest is still appreciated at this location."

As many other HH Diamond members seem to feel these past years , we clearly can see that being a Diamond means less and less in US based hotels ; that the difference between Dia. and GLD is becoming non excistent and that in many hotels the front desk staff or local managment does not seem to care if one is dia. , gold ...and certainly managment does not care about providing upgrades or something extra for faithfull Dia. guests !

Ashleigh ,
can you please try to get an answer from your superiors why :
a)it seems impossible to consistently pre-upgrade Dia. guests to junior- suites or suites in US based properties ?
b) the HH guidelines for what a Dia. should get are so unclear and open for interpretation that we as guests never know in US based Hiltons what we might get .
c) that most front desk staff in many US based hotels seems oblivious to the rewards of HH status and almost makes one feel bad to have to request what is promised in HH brochures...

Why do most European and Asian Hiltons & Conrad's treat Diamond guests in a correct way and make us feel appreciated for the amounts of $ & €.spent to reach our current level .
If all guests get treated the same way , then what is the point of a loyalty program as HH?

Feel free to pm me or have someone from another dept. contact me for detailed info ...@:-)@:-)
Hi kahuna1993,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I’ve sent you a PM to get more information and help resolve this for you – hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Ashleigh
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:31 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hi Ashleigh--

We are going to Rome next summer, and will be staying at the Waldorf Astoria Cavalleri. It is my understanding that, at Waldorfs, I will not have access to the executive lounge, despite my status as a Diamond. Is that correct?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:19 am

Never receive HH Points offers

Hi Asleigh,

I am with HH since 2001 and have been Diamond for many of those years. I am not sure why I never (and I mean nothing!) receive any HH communications or points offers? I will receive an email if I contact Diamond desk or raise a ticket. I also receive my card annually in the post.....other than that, nothing!

If I am lucky enough to be on FlyerTalk or see a random Tweet I can get signed up for these offers but really don't understand why HH don't value my custom enough to let me know about them. Is this a planned way to avoid people getting bonuses??

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cummino
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:42 am

Hi Asleigh,

I have the same question. I have been a Diamond member continuously since 2002 and have never received a targeted promo. Contrary to cummino, I don't get promos even when I call the Diamond Desk to be added to a promo.

Also, can you please look into what Erin promised several months ago when some received 100,000 free points and others (e.g. yours truly) received nothing. Erin indicated that we would receive something better during the summer. Summer is almost over.

Thank you.
Bamboola

Originally Posted by cummino
Hi Asleigh,

I am with HH since 2001 and have been Diamond for many of those years. I am not sure why I never (and I mean nothing!) receive any HH communications or points offers? I will receive an email if I contact Diamond desk or raise a ticket. I also receive my card annually in the post.....other than that, nothing!

If I am lucky enough to be on FlyerTalk or see a random Tweet I can get signed up for these offers but really don't understand why HH don't value my custom enough to let me know about them. Is this a planned way to avoid people getting bonuses??

Cummino
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoc
Hi Ashleigh--

We are going to Rome next summer, and will be staying at the Waldorf Astoria Cavalleri. It is my understanding that, at Waldorfs, I will not have access to the executive lounge, despite my status as a Diamond. Is that correct?
Hi Hoc,

I’ll look into this for you and let you know ASAP!
Please feel free to send me a PM with any additional questions, comments or suggestions you may have!

All the best,
Ashleigh
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cummino
Hi Asleigh,

Cummino
Originally Posted by bamboola
Hi Asleigh,

I have the same question. I have been a Diamond member continuously since 2002 and have never received a targeted promo. Contrary to cummino, I don't get promos even when I call the Diamond Desk to be added to a promo.

Also, can you please look into what Erin promised several months ago when some received 100,000 free points and others (e.g. yours truly) received nothing. Erin indicated that we would receive something better during the summer. Summer is almost over.

Thank you.
Bamboola
Hi Both,

More than happy to assist! I’ve sent you each a PM for further information so I can begin my investigation.

Bamboola - In regards to the targeted promotions, I’ll be sure to share with the FlyerTalk community as soon as I have any updates to share.

Best,
Ashleigh
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoc
Hi Ashleigh--

Hi Hoc,

If you booked your stay in a suite or in the Imperial Room, you will have access to the Executive Lounge.
If you did not book your stay in a suite or the Imperial Room, you will not have access to the Executive Lounge.

For Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Executive Lounge access is based on the availability at the select properties.

Hope this helps!

Safe Travels,
Ashleigh
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi kahuna1993,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I’ve sent you a PM to get more information and help resolve this for you – hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Ashleigh
I could not agree more. As a Hilton Diamond who has traveled mostly to the UK, Ireland, Finland, and South Africa for the past 5 years, service has been mostly outstanding, status is almost always recognized, upgrades occur almost every time, executive lounges are actually worth visiting, etc.

For the past two months, I've been traveling across California, and stayed at a number of properties. It is night and day different! It makes me wonder why I would even show any loyalty to the brand, if I had to travel mostly in the U.S. Not a single suite upgrade, lounges are ABYSMAL (and $9 for a glass of wine or $7 for a beer when it is cheaper downstairs in the hotel bar????), and have noticed absolutely nothing in terms of status recognition.

Thank god I am back to London in two weeks.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by razzaba
Thank god I am back to London in two weeks.
I paid $25USD for a cocktail at the IC Park Lane last year.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I paid $25USD for a cocktail at the IC Park Lane last year.
In the lounge? I've never seen a Hilton lounge abroad that charges for drinks. Every one I have been to offers self serve beer, wine, champagne, and most have spirits (though have seen some cutting back on this).
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by razzaba
In the lounge? I've never seen a Hilton lounge abroad that charges for drinks. Every one I have been to offers self serve beer, wine, champagne, and most have spirits (though have seen some cutting back on this).
Hilton Montreal charges a reasonable amount for beer and wine in their exec lounge, but I'm not sure you'd call that "abroad". Self-serve and the staff notes what the guests drink, but may miss one or two drinks consumed.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Hilton Montreal charges a reasonable amount for beer and wine in their exec lounge, but I'm not sure you'd call that "abroad". Self-serve and the staff notes what the guests drink, but may miss one or two drinks consumed.
Can't comment on Canada, as I have not traveled much there with Hilton, but I suppose I was referring to outside of Canada. I'd assume standards/policies in Canada are much the same as they are in the US.

Also, as I sit in the Embassy Suites here in Portland, I am now 3/3 this week (Woodland Hills and San Jose being other 2) for the WiFi login not working via Diamond credentials.

Furthermore, I have noted that the password given at front desk specifically for Diamond access is definitely Standard internet. Used the code to test on my iPhone, did a speedtest, and getting 2.3 down. Compared to the "purchased" premium (which I will now need to have removed upon checkout), speed is showing a paltry 6.9 down, though markedly better than standard.

This needs to be remedied. If PREMIUM internet is a published benefit for Diamonds, then the code that is given out for internet at the front desk should allow one to access said premium internet.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Will I earn points when paying with points and money?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Hilton Montreal Bonaventure? It's not a Hilton any more.

I was recently at Hilton Quebec where I paid $10 for a small glass of wine. The wine dispenser is locked up; only the lounge attendant can unlock it and the dispenser controls the flow of wine so that only 2 oz. or 4 oz. flow out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.