Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
We are booked in a two bedroom (Gardenview) suite in the Lagoon Tower in April.

When I read the description, it does not sound like an actual two bedroom... It sounds like a one bedroom with the second 'bedroom' being the sofa sleeper in the living area...

Does anybody have experience with these rooms? Am I mis-interpreting the room description?

Thanks for any insights,

Lark
Since this is in one of the timeshare towers, it has two separate bedrooms. Some of the two-bedroom units, however, are one-bedroom units with studio lockoffs that form the second bedroom and have a kitchenette.

AFAIK, it's rare to get a two-bedroom for booking through the hotel division.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by azepine00
diamond suite upgrades - ya right...

Checked in yesterday during very quiet weekend - all sorts of availability.
Was told that new upgrade policy is up to 00 rooms in rainbow tower - nice corner oceanview/front room but no suites.
Ironically during our last two stays we had junior suites but they refused to give the same to us this time saying we have to pay extra.
YMMV but adjust your expectations....
well, I just left today and had a one bedroom suite at Ali'i. 1408
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
yes but thats almost any resort. The coffee shop across the street is great.

As for upgrade, I am Diamond and been coming here for over 30 years staying in the Ali'i this time we got the Huali suite on 14th floor ocean/Diamond Head. After Saturday it's all yours

Mahalo
well, I just left today and had a one bedroom suite at Ali'i. 1408
your post above probably explains that. Up to 00 is their standard policy.
I actually dont have a problem with hhv - they were very helpful and understanding in the past and oceanview rooms are perfectly fine but i am quite annoyed by hilton honors management who keep devaluing the program while spreading bs claiming various enhancements. They keep marketing diamond suite upgrades (as reported in various media etc) while in fact nothing has changed and probably only got worse for many
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:49 am

your post above probably explains that. Up to 00 is their standard policy.
I actually dont have a problem with hhv - they were very helpful and understanding in the past and oceanview rooms are perfectly fine but i am quite annoyed by hilton honors management who keep devaluing the program while spreading bs claiming various enhancements. They keep marketing diamond suite upgrades (as reported in various media etc) while in fact nothing has changed and probably only got worse for many
Here is my opinion as a long time Diamond etc, while yes we "pay" for these rooms for our travel and loyalty, never the less they are "free" and if I get a decent ocean front/view or even a parcel ocean in the Ali'i I am happy.

I am not sure that there is a "right" to a suite upgrade. In our case we booked into a ocean view room using points and was upgraded from there, but we would have been just as happy with a ocean view. We purposely paid the higher redemption rate for Ali'i

By the by we had a great time.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Here is my opinion as a long time Diamond etc, while yes we "pay" for these rooms for our travel and loyalty, never the less they are "free" and if I get a decent ocean front/view or even a parcel ocean in the Ali'i I am happy.

I am not sure that there is a "right" to a suite upgrade. In our case we booked into a ocean view room using points and was upgraded from there, but we would have been just as happy with a ocean view. We purposely paid the higher redemption rate for Ali'i

I also enjoy the special perks of the Ali'l. The private pool, the free breakfast, and the nightly cocktail hour. We were upgraded to an ocean front and I thought that was a great upgrade from the non ocean view room that we booked.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by JackieC2
I also enjoy the special perks of the Ali'l. The private pool, the free breakfast, and the nightly cocktail hour. We were upgraded to an ocean front and I thought that was a great upgrade from the non ocean view room that we booked.
Agree well worth it
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wad more interested in understanding the meaning of so called new diamond benefits and the assumed (wrongfully as it becomes quite clear now) suite upgrades when available.
My experience at hhv and multiple reports from other properties give a answer to that.
This is clearly just anothet round of bs from hilton hhonors to go on top of severe reduction of diamond force benefits point dilution and overall program deterioration.

As for hhv we had a great time and as i said rainbow diamonhead rooms are perfectly acceptable and as good as oceanfront rooms i get as top tier at hyatt (but there is also a decent lounge there)
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
My Mom (a HH Diamond) has reservations at both HHV and HWV for May and I find it interesting that the NOR1 option is no longer showing on either reservation. Perhaps because if any of the upgraded rooms are available she will get them for free? We can only hope.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Just got back from a 4 day stay at HHV. We were upgraded to a suite in the rainbow tower. The suite was actually one large room with two balconies. Fabulous view. I actually enjoyed the HHV way more than Waikola, which we spent 4 days at as well on this trip and did not get any upgrade. The 20 minute walk to get anywhere at Waikola got tiring after a while. I really liked the hotel.

I would note that the free breakfast in the Rainbow tower was as little variety as they can give you and still call it breakfast. Literally you have 3 cereals, some fruit, hard boiled eggs and some banana bread as your options. Oh well at least it's free, would be nice to have some bagels or something though.

Also we sat through the HGVC presentation. Was bearable and of course had to be rude at the 2 hour mark and stand up and tell them no thanks. I really don't understand why anyone pays that much money for a timeshare. Used it on Lauau tickets, the Lauau was pretty terrible in my opinion and I wouldn't do it again.

Lastly I would say if you are going out for a nice meal go to Roy's, was some of the best food I've ever had.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by msmont
Just got back from a 4 day stay at HHV. We were upgraded to a suite in the rainbow tower. The suite was actually one large room with two balconies. Fabulous view. I actually enjoyed the HHV way more than Waikola, which we spent 4 days at as well on this trip and did not get any upgrade. The 20 minute walk to get anywhere at Waikola got tiring after a while. I really liked the hotel.

I would note that the free breakfast in the Rainbow tower was as little variety as they can give you and still call it breakfast. Literally you have 3 cereals, some fruit, hard boiled eggs and some banana bread as your options. Oh well at least it's free, would be nice to have some bagels or something though.

Also we sat through the HGVC presentation. Was bearable and of course had to be rude at the 2 hour mark and stand up and tell them no thanks. I really don't understand why anyone pays that much money for a timeshare. Used it on Lauau tickets, the Lauau was pretty terrible in my opinion and I wouldn't do it again.

Lastly I would say if you are going out for a nice meal go to Roy's, was some of the best food I've ever had.

Agree with you about the "free" breakfast it's pretty bad considering. We just go across the street tot he coffee shop.

Have you tried Alan Wong's ? If not you MUST try it next visit, by far the best in the islands. And that is from the locals. I have been dining there for almost when it opened.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by msmont
Just got back from a 4 day stay at HHV. We were upgraded to a suite in the rainbow tower. The suite was actually one large room with two balconies. Fabulous view.
Sorry, but your room wasn't a suite, it was an Ocean Front Corner Room but glad you enjoyed it nonetheless. On my last stay I was upgraded from a King Ocean Front in the Rainbow Tower to Corner room 2701 facing Diamond Head and the Ocean, loved it!!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I wad more interested in understanding the meaning of so called new diamond benefits and the assumed (wrongfully as it becomes quite clear now) suite upgrades when available.
My experience at hhv and multiple reports from other properties give a answer to that.
I was upgraded to a suite at HHV even before the new benefit came into effect but I was on a paid reservation and already in a high category room. HHV is very popular with redemptions and I doubt it that they can give suites to everyone (the placed is swamped with Golds/Diamonds whenever I am there judging by how packed the lounge is), and I would assume that chances are higher for those who are on paid reservations (that is, at least, my theory).
I do know that they are trying to gove better rooms regardless of the type of reservation. And that is always appreciated.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Sorry, but your room wasn't a suite, it was an Ocean Front Corner Room but glad you enjoyed it nonetheless. On my last stay I was upgraded from a King Ocean Front in the Rainbow Tower to Corner room 2701 facing Diamond Head and the Ocean, loved it!!!
I've stayed in that room too. Loved it! I always ask for that series of rooms when I stay at HHV and not in the Al'ia.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by JackieC2
I've stayed in that room too. Loved it! I always ask for that series of rooms when I stay at HHV and not in the Al'ia.
they are great rooms we tried them last year but decided to go back to Ali'i Towers, quieter and private pool can not be beat
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Yeah I didn't think it was a suite really either, but the lady said she had upgraded me to a suite when I checked in, so I figured whatever. The room was 2012 and looked out over the lagoon and harbor, not so much the ocean. I actually preferred that view to a full ocean view as the city lights were great to look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.