Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
No offense taken! I definitely agree that it is still a nice property, but one where the service has, sadly, diminished in quality over the past few years. I booked a NOR1 upgrade to the Ali'i tower because I remembered the increased service and the pool area and bar from previous stays. The bar in the pool area used to stay open beyond 6pm, so, yes, I would have considered it a bar. It was a great place to get a couple of drinks and watch the sun go down. The Hau Tree bar also closed at 7pm and they had to actively kick people out. While the Tapa bar and Tropics are, indeed, open later - Tropics was always very crowded and the Tapa bar isn't right there on the beach.

Again, I really like the property, I would just hope some of the cuts in service that have happened would be reversed.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:50 pm

gonna be my family's 1st time in HI in 2wks. gonna be there for 3 nights (with wife & 2 very young kids). as a GoldVIP, any special recommendations for which tower?

also, does anyone have the GM's name and contatc info/email addy, so I can request a particular tower/room?

TIA
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by abc92336
does anyone have the GM's name and contatc info/email addy, so I can request a particular tower/room?

TIA
The confirmation email I received recently gave this as a name, no idea on his email:

Michael Wilding
Resident Manager
Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:12 am

gonna be my family's 1st time in HI in 2wks. gonna be there for 3 nights (with wife & 2 very young kids). as a GoldVIP, any special recommendations for which tower?

TIA
We always try to get Rainbow Tower with a Diamond Head view. Good sun on the deck until midafternoon and if you're there on a Friday night, the fireworks go off right by your balcony (might be too loud for little kids though).
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:24 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by erik1868
The confirmation email I received recently gave this as a name, no idea on his email:

Michael Wilding
Resident Manager
Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa
Erik, thanks so much for your help. I did sent a special request via email to the hotel and i put pls fwd to michael wilding in the subject line and i received a very prompt response within 12hrs. thx agn! ^
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:27 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by jgstecker
We always try to get Rainbow Tower with a Diamond Head view. Good sun on the deck until midafternoon and if you're there on a Friday night, the fireworks go off right by your balcony (might be too loud for little kids though).
jg, thanks for the heads up. i did 2 separate reservations for this trip and 1 of them says "Rainbow Oceanview" room, so i'm gonna guess that's in the rainbow tower; the other reservation i don't have any clue, it's like a wildcard/don't know what i'm gonna get until i show up. now the trick is to get FD to consolidate both reservations so i don't have to check in/out more than once. ^

also, i wonder is there a HHonord VIP checkin line or just a general line @ the HHV?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:31 am

There is a HH VIP check-in line.

I agree to get the Rainbow Tower Diamond Head view but I will also add get a high floor; preferably above about 20 for the best views. Anything less than about floor 10 and there might be palm trees in your view. Also try to get a corner room with Diamond Head out one window and the Pacific out the other; truly amazing.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
jg, thanks for the heads up. i did 2 separate reservations for this trip and 1 of them says "Rainbow Oceanview" room, so i'm gonna guess that's in the rainbow tower; the other reservation i don't have any clue, it's like a wildcard/don't know what i'm gonna get until i show up. now the trick is to get FD to consolidate both reservations so i don't have to check in/out more than once. ^

also, i wonder is there a HHonord VIP checkin line or just a general line @ the HHV?
LOL! For all my complaints about this property, this isn't one of 'em:

Not only is there a HHonors check in line, there's also a separate 'Gold and Diamond only' HHonors checkin line! If I didn't know better, I'd guess that this property enjoys quite a number of reward bookings ;-)
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:38 pm

Talking

thx both mtufenk & calimey^
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: FT
I posted this in a general thread but perhaps it is best here as it is really specific to this property.

I have three rooms booked in May and the only option available was "ROOM ASSIGNED AT CHECK-IN" now with two adults and two kids in each room, obviously getting stuck with a king room is kind of a problem.

What does this mean and can you ensure that you will at least get a room with two double beds? If I had my way, I would stay elsewhere, but I do not. The rates seem kind of high at $239.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
It means exactly what it says. You aren't guaranteed any size bed. However, the Kalia tower room I was assigned to had a pull-out sofa and plenty of room for a roll-away. If a pull-out sofa is standard, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Recreation
It means exactly what it says. You aren't guaranteed any size bed. However, the Kalia tower room I was assigned to had a pull-out sofa and plenty of room for a roll-away. If a pull-out sofa is standard, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
hmm. i suspect my spouse is not likely to take any risk with the children having to sleep on some crappy pull out or roll-aways at an added cost.

judging from the comments here also, the hotel could probably care less about my business.

i think we persuade others to pay more to stay at the Moana instead.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
mkjr, I am sure the hotel will be able to assign a twin room for your family. Why don't you give them a call now and ask to put in a request for one? They may pre-assign something even this far in advance. I was in a similar situation (but I need a king and only twin rooms were available), I called the propertyt and everything was resolved within a minute.
Good luck and enjoy Hawaii!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
mkjr, I am sure the hotel will be able to assign a twin room for your family. Why don't you give them a call now and ask to put in a request for one? They may pre-assign something even this far in advance. I was in a similar situation (but I need a king and only twin rooms were available), I called the propertyt and everything was resolved within a minute.
Good luck and enjoy Hawaii!
called and they said they could not. cancelled 3 reservations on the spot.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:12 am

Does anyone know if HHV designates a certain tower for award bookings? I booked a resort view room and am curious as to what tower we might be in.

Also, if I were a Gold member, would I have a good chance of being upgraded to a partial ocean view or better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.