Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by andysiz
Looks like I will be a guinea pig in a couple of days. Last year, I booked my trip to the Conrad Maldives about 370 days out. Of course, it is nearly impossible to quiet the doomsayers - not only because they could be right but also because of the ambiguity. But one thing I did notice on my GLON award is that at the 365 day mark (which was exactly one week prior to check in date) I got the usual automated email reminder from the hotel. At the 366 day mark, just one day later, I got a near identical automated message from the hotel. The only difference, I realized after careful comparison, was that the new email had a new reservation ID (all other details the same). In fact, my Hilton account online now only reflects this new ID. This may be actual evidence of a systemic "acceptance" of such 365+ days out GLON reservations. Not definitive by any means, but perhaps some hope for those looking for it.
Had no problem checking in, or checking out. I'm assuming the stay will post without problems. Will update if any problem arise in the next day or so when the stay posts.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:14 am

Had no problem checking in, or checking out. I'm assuming the stay will post without problems. Will update if any problem arise in the next day or so when the stay posts.
Stay posted, no problems. Again, my situation was a GLON booking over 1 year out, where after 365 days elapsed from when i made my online reservation, my reservation was automatically assigned a new Res ID. Not going to say that's 100% comfort but at least 1 good data point. Makes sense to stay cautious (esp on AXON awards) as recent posters have demonstrated. Best of luck to all.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Stay posted, no problems. Again, my situation was a GLON booking over 1 year out, where after 365 days elapsed from when i made my online reservation, my reservation was automatically assigned a new Res ID. Not going to say that's 100% comfort but at least 1 good data point. Makes sense to stay cautious (esp on AXON awards) as recent posters have demonstrated. Best of luck to all.
Thanks for the update.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by chicagolaw
I wrote the following to a hotel:

"I made a reward reservation with points for April xx-yy, 2014 (reservation number xxxxxxxxxx). A friend of mine, however, told me that reward reservations at Hilton are only allowed 365 days out from the day the reservation was made, and that there was the danger that the hotel would not honor the reservation due to this (even though I was able to make the reservation online). Could you please let me know if this is true and whether you would honor the mentioned reservation, even though the stay would be more than 365 days from today ?"

Answer I got via e-mail: "Kindly note that your booking will be honour even if it was booked for over 365days in advance."

I think I should be safe with this one.
I have had the same reply , when I asked more or less the same question.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
HILTON Devaluation Reservations over ONE year out!

I know there has to be many people that made reservations more than 12 months out.

Has anyone gotten any information about a way to handle this?

I have reservations for June 2014 in Koh Samui, the cert says only good for 12 months even though they were made 15 months out.

I called and was told that Koh Samui went from a Cat 5 to a Cat 10 and it was double what I used when reserved. I was told I would have to cancel and do the reservation over at the higher amount.

Surely with all the knowledge that is here, someone else has experienced this and maybe there is a way to resolve this better than paying double. So I am reaching out to the FT community for any information that you might have available.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Did you call the Hotel or HHonors?

I'd just see what the Hotel has to say about honoring the rate -- ideally confirming it in writing (email).

That said, I made sure to make all of my bookings for less than one year out, to avoid any risk such as that.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I know there has to be many people that made reservations more than 12 months out.

Has anyone gotten any information about a way to handle this?

I have reservations for June 2014 in Koh Samui, the cert says only good for 12 months even though they were made 15 months out.

I called and was told that Koh Samui went from a Cat 5 to a Cat 10 and it was double what I used when reserved. I was told I would have to cancel and do the reservation over at the higher amount.

Surely with all the knowledge that is here, someone else has experienced this and maybe there is a way to resolve this better than paying double. So I am reaching out to the FT community for any information that you might have available.
First off, is this an AXON award or a Citibank credit card award? Neither one requires an actual certificate at check-in; it's all done electronically. If you made the reservation fifteen months ago and no one caught it at the time of booking, then the front desk won't know either. So just check-in with your existing reservation and enjoy.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:38 pm

A points redemption and they send an email stating it is good for twelve months.

Talking to the HHonors rep, they won't honor it at the hotel when I get there, because the hotel would not be able to redeem any points from it.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was actively discussed - i hope mods can merge the threads

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-they-fix.html

I expressed my concerns back then however someone reported actually completing a stay outside 12 mo window... I am not sure how much leverage you have though..
Old May 23, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm confused. why di you call them if you already had a it reserved? Did you make a normal reservation for cash and now you are trying to convert it to points?

If it's a point redemption, I don't know what the "cert" is or why it's good for 12 months.

It sounds like you might have been calling to change a reservation booked under the prior point structure?
Old May 23, 2013, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm confused. why di you call them if you already had a it reserved? Did you make a normal reservation for cash and now you are trying to convert it to points?

If it's a point redemption, I don't know what the "cert" is or why it's good for 12 months.

It sounds like you might have been calling to change a reservation booked under the prior point structure?
sure just show up at KS or Maldives and discover that you have an invalid reservation there...

For your reference reward certificates have 1 year expiration and award stays are not supposed to be booked beyond that. A loophole in online hilton booking enging was discovered that allowed many to manually move the reservation dates out beyond 1 yr but that didn't change cert expiration. Now we are dealing with results...
Old May 23, 2013, 4:25 pm

Just found this thread. I don't know what a GLON or AXON is. I just make HHonors point reservations. So what is a reservation that you make with your points called? I don't know, is it a GLON or AXON? My reservations are next summer over 15 months away. Will they be honored in Koh Samui? I am concerned.
Old May 23, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
How many nights did you book and how many points were taken from your account at the time of bookinng?
Old May 23, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
You need to contact the hotel directly, they're the one have the final say on this matter.

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
A points redemption and they send an email stating it is good for twelve months.

Talking to the HHonors rep, they won't honor it at the hotel when I get there, because the hotel would not be able to redeem any points from it.
Old May 23, 2013, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
How many nights did you book and how many points were taken from your account at the time of bookinng?
3 nights 2 rooms 300000 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.