Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I donīt quite agree. Of course there are better cards for every-day spend, but the 2% return for travel-related expenses and 5% return on Fairmont expenses (assuming you redeem for Fairmont GCs) is a pretty good deal IMO. For those staying at Fairmont hotels on a regular basis this is by far the best CC to use IMO.

Now, I know you are bias as you are the Fairmont forum rep, but to be quite honest, anyone can receive the 2% or higher on a variety of different credit cards. The 5% on travel, you can receive as well. Aside from the signup bonus this card has little value.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
How long are are the certs for 2 free nights valid?

Am I correct to assume that they're valid for 12 months from the date earned (i.e, the month after you spend the $1K minimum?)

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Yes, that is correct.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Well, according to the helpful Fairmont Visa rep I spoke to, it's a year from when the free room credits electronically post to your account. That is, if you reach the $1,000 threshold on, say, Sept. 1, they should post within about ten days - say, Sept. 10, 2012. So they would be good through Sept. 10, 2013.

She also mentioned something that might have been relevant about getting paper copies of the certificates within a month of completing the $1,000 spending, but I wasn't focusing on that so didn't ask for clarification.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by comptalk
Now, I know you are bias as you are the Fairmont forum rep, but to be quite honest, anyone can receive the 2% or higher on a variety of different credit cards. The 5% on travel, you can receive as well. Aside from the signup bonus this card has little value.
Iīm not affiliated with Fairmont in any way, and if you read the various threads in the Fairmont forum youīll see I not only post positive comments about Fairmont.

Just curious: Which other CC gives a 5% kickback when staying at Fairmont hotels? A few CCs earn 1.5-2miles per $ on travel-related expenses, valuing miles at 0.015cpm that would be a 3% return max., but Iīm not aware of any better deals.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any exceptions?

I understand the free nights certificates are not transferable unless I am Plat, ( I am not).
however, can I book a stay, using my free nights cert ,for my grown daughter? Different last name.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Well, according to the helpful Fairmont Visa rep I spoke to, it's a year from when the free room credits electronically post to your account. That is, if you reach the $1,000 threshold on, say, Sept. 1, they should post within about ten days - say, Sept. 10, 2012. So they would be good through Sept. 10, 2013.

She also mentioned something that might have been relevant about getting paper copies of the certificates within a month of completing the $1,000 spending, but I wasn't focusing on that so didn't ask for clarification.
Does the three month time to make the spend start on the date of application or the date when your account was approved?
thanks, Felicity
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Is the 2 free night sign up bonus attached to my President's Club account or the credit card?

I want to sign up today 7/30/12 so annual fee is waived.

I plan to hit the spend by around 9/30/12.

I plan to use my certs in 8/30/13 (~11 months from issue) but do not plan to renew the card in 7/30/13.

Will I still be able to use my 2 night certs around 8/30/13 after canceling the credit card?
Bump, answer anyone?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by felicity5
Does the three month time to make the spend start on the date of application or the date when your account was approved?
thanks, Felicity
I'd imagine it must be from the date account approved, but I don't know that for certain.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:46 pm

I'd imagine it must be from the date account approved, but I don't know that for certain.
thanks for replying but does anyone know for sure ? Jasper?
I know it's important and phone rep didn't know for sure either.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I, too, would assume 3 months from account being opened/approval and not application, but couldnīt say for sure. In any case the time between application and your account being opened typically would only be a few days, so Iīm not quite sure what difference it would make.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
It's from the approved date. I've had a LOT of Chase cards. There is also a Chase thread in the Credit Card Programs forum that you can read.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt

i did receive my paper certificates
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I received them as 2 sets:

Set #1: Received about 2 months after signups. Included Complementary Night Certs and breakfasts.

Set #2: Gold Floor Certs & 6 Dining Certs. I just received these about 2 weeks back across 3 CC accounts (dad, wife, myself) all on the same day even though the signups occurred at very different times. 2 right on the first day of signups and 1 in mid July.

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
i did receive my paper certificates
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Was just approved for the Chase Fairmont Card. We are planning on using the two nights in Singapore in March. I am curious (as I am new to Fairmont) - can the two nights be redeemed at the Swissotel as well or do they keep a firewall between Fairmont/Swissotel/Raffles?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Was just approved for the Chase Fairmont Card. We are planning on using the two nights in Singapore in March. I am curious (as I am new to Fairmont) - can the two nights be redeemed at the Swissotel as well or do they keep a firewall between Fairmont/Swissotel/Raffles?
The two free night certs you get for signing up can only be used at Fairmont hotels.

The points you earn by using the CC can be redeemed for so-called "ovation certs" which can be used at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.