Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nli007
GRRR the IHG Rewards rep lied to me then -_-

How come when I log in to my IHG booking under Manage Reservation, in the right hand side I see the following?

Member Number: 14901XXXX
Travel Profile: Leisure
Points to be earned: 0

For my other upcoming IHG bookings, there is usually a number next to points to be earned.
I see the same thing when I look at my reservation on the IHG site. However, the Points to be earned line does not also say Non-qualifying stay, so I don't think you will have a problem earning points for the stay and having it qualify for the Accelerate promotion.

Last edited by alanro; Oct 3, 2015 at 7:32 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:08 am

First timer

I am a First timer to any of these seminars. I had thought about going earlier in the year but never pushed the register button. This morning I saw a reminder post on FB by Mommy Points that there was still time to register.
After signing onto different airlines and hotel chains through Award Wallet for flights and room availability I ended up flying on United for 35k miles + $115.00 which is alot from MSP to ORD but cash price would have been $573. at this under 14 day reservation. Than I went and booked the backup hotel Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, for 30k points (last award available i think) and rooms are now selling for $144.00 a night. Anyway I am excited about joining in on this event and look forward to attending these sessions and meeting some of the travel writers that I have been following the last 2 1/2 years.
Thanks Jeff Reardon
http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...go-this-month/
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:57 pm

My ticket was transferred.

Last edited by ashishsg; Oct 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Extra ticket and HI room

I am sorry I can't come. Will transfer 1 ticket for $50 + $25 = $75
I'll also try to change hotel reservation to your name. Fri and Sat.
PM me.
Deadline is soon.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:13 pm

Having never been to an event bigger than the Ann Arbor DO, I was really looking forward to attending the Chicago Seminars. However, I now have to travel on those dates.

I have one ticket to sell for $75 (I will pay the $25 transfer fee), and I have a reservation at the host hotel/Holiday Inn for Friday and Saturday night I will be giving up. Please PM me if interested.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA(xPLT now GLD), UA, DL, HH(GLD), MR(GLD), HY(DIS), and others...
Ticket to Sell

Something came up and I can't make the Seminars. I have one ticket to sell for $75 (including the $25 transfer fee.

I'm from Chicago so I don't have a hotel reservation.

Contact me by PM and we can work out the transfer, but it has to be by 10/8 the last day for transfers.

Eric

====================================
NOTE: THIS REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE....
====================================

Last edited by echoch; Oct 8, 2015 at 1:49 am Reason: ticket no longer available...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Hi guys,

Wow this deadline sure snuck up!

Looks like I'll be able to make it after all - if you have a ticket you can't use or better yet a hotel you can't use let me know.

I'll be driving down from Minneapolis (and happy to carpool)

Thanks

Ryan
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Hi guys,

Wow this deadline sure snuck up!

Looks like I'll be able to make it after all - if you have a ticket you can't use or better yet a hotel you can't use let me know.

I'll be driving down from Minneapolis (and happy to carpool)

Thanks

Ryan
You might want to look at the various posts above yours where people are offering to transfer tickets & hotel rooms & contact them Glad you'll be able to make it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Does anyone know the frequency of the hotel shuttle from ORD? I should be arriving around 10 am on Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone....hope you all consider joining FT Secret Santa this year if you have not. It is fun!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG gold, HHgold, Marriott Platinum Mariott Silver, AA, UA
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the Seminars. I have a ticket to sell $75 including transfer and hotel room to try and transfer.
Please PM me if interested.
Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG, Southwest
I still have one ticket available. Will pay the transfer cost.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:02 pm

I am looking to buy two tickets and hotel stay if possible.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Folks, for those selling & wanting tickets & hotel room, please reviews the posts above yours as many are either selling, transferring rooms, looking, etc. If you see someone who's got an item of interest, pro-actively PM them!

Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG, Southwest
Just had a buyer back out on me. I still have one ticket available. Today is the last day to transfer. I will pay the transfer fee. Selling for $75.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Folks, for those selling & wanting tickets & hotel room, please reviews the posts above yours as many are either selling, transferring rooms, looking, etc. If you see someone who's got an item of interest, pro-actively PM them!

Cheers.
What is the transfer ticket process anyway? I, sadly, am not going to be able to make it this year. Between high airfares and the flooding in SC (helping friends) - just can't get it in my schedule. I have someone interested.... but need to know what/how to transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.