Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
To transfer a ticket please do the following:

The current holder of the ticket send $25 via paypal to [email protected]

In the note of the paypal payment include the name and email address of the person to whom the ticket should be transferred.

Make sure when you send payment you send it from the same email address you used to register (otherwise I won't complete the transfer as I can't verify the actual owner is requesting the transfer).

If you have questions email [email protected]

All transfers will be handled manually and must be completed by October 8, 2015 11:59pm US Eastern Time.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:37 pm

I still have one ticket to sell. I am asking $75, and I will pay the $25 transfer fee. As a newbie I have exceeded my private message limit for the day, so please contact me at my email address. I am not able to hold it for anyone because too many people have backed out on me, but I will be happy to help whomever can send me payment first.

Thanks!

[email protected]
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:00 pm

still able to get transfered tix?

i see the deadline to transfer is today - what time? i may want one ticket
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:33 pm

not sure how i missed the post at the top of the page- i see there is still time to transfer a ticket. any still available?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by eddieras
not sure how i missed the post at the top of the page- i see there is still time to transfer a ticket. any still available?
If no one responds with a transfer offer, you can still register directly for three more days. There are 90 spaces still open at the regular price of $100.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/chicago-...on-16766743782
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:07 pm

Anyone have a hotel reservation at the host hotel but can't make it? Please PM me.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:59 am

Thanks to everyone for there responses and to Serna for the Ticket and Howie for helping with the transfer. this will be my first seminar and i'm looking forward to it! how to i review and (possibly) change the sessions. i don't see that option on eventbrite- thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:03 pm

Host hotel

If anyone can't make it at the last minute, and would be interested in transferring their hotel room to me, I would really appreciate it!

Please PM me, thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, HH, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Looking for MKE people!

Anyone from MKE? If you are interested in carpooling, please PM me.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by happymondays
Anyone from MKE? If you are interested in carpooling, please PM me.
I just came on to ask the same thing. We will be arriving at ORD 9:30AM on US 679 going to the DoubleTree Wood Dale Elk Grove. We would like to know if anyone wants to carshare (Uber,Lyft,carpool/taxi)?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:18 pm

I'll be cancelling my hotel reservation for a king non-smoking on Monday night.

I don't know the transfer process, if there is one but I'll work with the first person who PMs to do the transfer.

Sorry I won't be able to go but glad the room isn't going to go empty.

UPDATE: Got three responses so room is gone.

Last edited by AFAM-DFW; Oct 11, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:20 pm

registration questions

1. Are transfers still possible?

2. Why are some people mentioning $75 registration fees, while EventBrite is showing $100; I would like to get a transfer for $75, if possible.

3. 82 registrations open? How many attendants are there going to be?

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Ride and/or Room Sharing

Would anyone like to share a ride from ORD to/from the conference? Arriving Friday 10pm and Departing Monday 5pm.

Would anyone like to share a room?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:00 am

I missed this. Just by one day. Any chance I can still attend. I really just need to attend some seminars.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ThinWallet
1. Are transfers still possible?

2. Why are some people mentioning $75 registration fees, while EventBrite is showing $100; I would like to get a transfer for $75, if possible.

3. 82 registrations open? How many attendants are there going to be?

Thanks
Originally Posted by GinfromNYC
I missed this. Just by one day. Any chance I can still attend. I really just need to attend some seminars.
I think transfers ended yesterday so both of you might be out of luck. But email [email protected] TODAY & ask.

Re: some people mentioning $75 registration fees. They bought the ticket at full price but are offering their ticket at a slight discount so they don't totally lose out on what they paid. However, note that there is a $25 transfer fee so it probably works out to the same (unless they were willing to eat the transfer fee themselves).

Normally this seminar gets about 530-550 attendees, so if there are still 82 open spots less it will still be a full, robust seminar event but slightly less crowded.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.