Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:05 pm

I have two tickets available. Just need your info (Name and email address) and I will give you my paypal account and then put the transfer(s) through for you. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or call my business line and leave a message.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:33 pm

One more try before I cancel the room...

I currently have a ticket and hotel room at the Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove booked, but a last minute travel opportunity to Ireland came up so I can't use them. This is the host hotel for the event.

Cost is face value for the ticket ($100) + any fees for transferring the room (although I don't think there are any). I will eat the $25 transfer fee for the ticket.

Anyone interested should shoot me a PM or e-mail me at jim AT thefecks DOT com ASAP -- I will be cancelling the room shortly. After that, the ticket will remain available until it is sold.

Thx!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:40 am

I have a ticket available for face value! I'll obv eat transfer fee, so if you're going to register anyway, please consider letting me transfer mine so I don't have to add the ticket to my sunk costs (flights) for needing to miss the weekend I also have a Saturday night booking at the hotel I can transfer with the registration! PM if interested!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Hi Howie,
I don't see an evening reception in the schedule this year.
I hope it hasn't been dropped; it has been one of the best opportunities to connect with fellow Flyertalkers.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Hi Howie,
I hope it hasn't been dropped; it has been one of the best opportunities to connect with fellow Flyertalkers.
I'm running numbers on it but am hopeful.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I like hopeful
If it doesn't happen many may want to make other evening plans.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:25 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Rumor has it that this event is NOT sold out yet.... we need to work on that!

We should all try to find someone else to go!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Hi Howie,
Confirmed. It'll be at 7pm Saturday night.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thehowieee
Yay! What's the dress? Formal?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Yay! What's the dress? Formal?
Hawaiian shirt, tuxedo or a belt/suspenders loaded with old citi AA cards -- Ask Ray to borrow his if you need one or 20.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Hawaiian shirt, tuxedo or a belt/suspenders loaded with old citi AA cards -- Ask Ray to borrow his if you need one or 20.
How about a tuxedo covered in gift cards?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Delta Points
How about a tuxedo covered in gift cards?
prepaid debit cards
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
prepaid debit cards
I sure have enough of them to do that! Although, I'm pretty new to this, so I probably only have ~80
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:09 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I probably have enough to hide Howie under.... his fault I have so many! \

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
I sure have enough of them to do that! Although, I'm pretty new to this, so I probably only have ~80
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:50 pm

^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.