Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Just signed up. Unfortunately, two of the seminars I was looking forward to are no longer available (Organizing Everyone's Points & Dream Destinations on Miles & Points). Hoping for some slide decks available after the seminars, or maybe just some good conversations outside of the sessions.

Look forward to meeting everyone. I'm fairly new to this hobby (started in earnest in October) but I've already got round-trip business class tickets to Asia and a 5-night domestic hotel stay 100% paid for by miles & points!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Just signed up. Unfortunately, two of the seminars I was looking forward to are no longer available (Organizing Everyone's Points & Dream Destinations on Miles & Points). Hoping for some slide decks available after the seminars, or maybe just some good conversations outside of the sessions.

Look forward to meeting everyone. I'm fairly new to this hobby (started in earnest in October) but I've already got round-trip business class tickets to Asia and a 5-night domestic hotel stay 100% paid for by miles & points!
I've just sent you an email - should be space now.

Just as an FYI, I've not specifically made space for Liz in this room, but rather am shifting the rooms that presentations are in to make sure the ones that more people are signing up for are in the bigger rooms we have.

If you were unable to get into a session you wanted, check your registration through eventbrite, you should be able to change if there is space in the session.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Originally Posted by hdawg

If you were unable to get into a session you wanted, check your registration through eventbrite, you should be able to change if there is space in the session.
Thanks, Howie! I was able to edit my registration. For those of you that may be a little unfamiliar with the Eventbrite interface (like me), do this if you need to change your choice:
  1. Log into your Event Brite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Howie! I was able to edit my registration. For those of you that may be a little unfamiliar with the Eventbrite interface (like me), do this if you need to change your choice:
Excellent; thanks Liz. Adding this to the Wiki in the thread.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Thanks! Was also able to switch into that one just now as well!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just sent an e-mail about this - are you looking for a photographer?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJollyLife
Just sent an e-mail about this - are you looking for a photographer?
Want to donate your time and do a funny photo booth? We could do something like that maybe???
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by G27
Is anyone in here going from Indianapolis? Been trying to get some friends to drive up with me but they don't exactly understand our hobby. Didn't get to go last year and really wanna go this year! Was just curious if there were any other hoosiers that are going to be attending!
I was born a hoosier but now live in the Show Me State. This will be my first time attending so I think I might get a shirt made that says "Introverted extrovert - Please talk to me"
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by jacobsa
What time slot is the MS session? I didn't see it either.
How about Friday or Saturday night in the bar?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
How about Friday or Saturday night in the bar?
^ best place to have an MS discussion.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by travelkeys
I was born a hoosier but now live in the Show Me State. This will be my first time attending so I think I might get a shirt made that says "Introverted extrovert - Please talk to me"
I'm really excited to attend as well. Also going to FTU. These will be my first seminars, although I sent my daughter to one years ago in Phoenix since I could not go myself.

I'm all about the T shirt. I was thinking "Cliquebusters" with the red circle/slash.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Howie
yet to register. Waiting for new CC so can start the spend

as usual am available for volunteer work starting Friday 2 PM. Have done registration desk for three years. can do it again.......
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Sterna
Anyone know if anything other than 2 double beds are going to be available for the host hotel. That's all that's showing, and it won't allow reward nights for those dates.
I had same problem.
On web & phone.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:05 pm

Awesome
Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:11 pm

Their rates are the same as at the host hotel $84.00 single breakfast and $94.00 double breakfast.
I was charged $94 @ host hotel - one person???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.