Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by thehowieee
In all we raised over $20,000 to charity after the final tallies were done. 2016 event thread is up at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...th-2016-a.html
I guess this is the new MS Technique. Set up your own charity. Set up a Travel Seminar. Do a fund-raiser for yourself. Rinse and repeat.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I guess this is the new MS Technique. Set up your own charity. Set up a Travel Seminar. Do a fund-raiser for yourself. Rinse and repeat.
Obviously you've never attended a Chicago Seminar Event or you would know your statements are untrue. Each year the charities are mentioned in advance on the seminar event threads and throughout the seminar weekend.

We pick 3 great charities each year, and monies raised are divided between them.

The charities for this event were Airline Ambassadors International
(www.airlineamb.org), Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/), and the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund (http://www.dahlfund.org/)

The Chicago Seminar Event happens only once a year, is run by volunteers, and the proceeds from the charity raffle tickets as well as any money left after the seminar expenses are paid, go to those three charities.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:53 am
Community Director Emerita

That is an unpleasant, unjust and inaccurate statement. This was the first seminar of its type. From the beginning, the organizers have made nothing and have donated even the points they get as meeting organizers to raise money for charity. You owe those who work tirelessly to execute this seminar a big apology.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Thanks for trolling by Isaak. ^
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
You should also know many of the speakers donate back either all, or in large part, most of the tiny travel stipend they are extended to speak at the event so even more money goes to the charities. :-:
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Great, there is no saver availability on UA or AA. What is the world coming to?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Great, there is no saver availability on UA or AA. What is the world coming to?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Whoa! Talk about a misunderstanding. Oh, man! Sorry everyone. This came across the wrong way.

I was in no way discrediting or depreciating the hard work that Howie, Sharon, Rick, and all others put in to make the Chicago Seminars happen. I've been to the seminars 2 years in a row and I plan to go again next year.

In fact, it's astounding how they could get it all done and raise so much money. It was supposed to be a joke - a kneejerk response to the demise of Bluebird. Like, "What am I to do for MS? I KNOW! I'll run a seminar and take all the cash!" It's very difficult and obviously illegal - hence, it was a joke.

A joke that needs explanation is obviously a bad joke. Sorry again.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:49 pm

Thanks for explaining what you really meant. Of course the penalty is you'll have to buy extra charity raffle tickets from me this year

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Whoa! Talk about a misunderstanding. Oh, man! Sorry everyone. This came across the wrong way.
Kudos to you for coming back and explaining. Well done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.