Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
This is a forum about bloggers in general, and has various discussion about the cross relationship between them and FT, so it is right for me to post about your issues here

The Lifemiles forum is about the specific instance of what many in FT believe is a transgression.

That is why I have posted comments in both forums.

And by the way, not all or even most of the FT members in the Lifemiles forum know about your blog - contrary to what you may think, you are not that famous yet, and your blog was only started all of 3 days ago. That is why it is important that you wear your colours on your sleeve. Why hide the fact that you are a blogger? You should be proud of that fact, and have no hesitation to put it in your signature, as most other reputable bloggers do
When did I ever say I was famous? Really, my twitter is not obvious enough?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Geez, the lifemiles SQ thing has been available for several weeks now. Why do you morons have to go post about it on your blogs to everyone as if you just discovered it yourself? Now you can't ticket them anymore.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Savage25
Now you can't get them anymore.
Shocked, just shocked! I miss the "blogs killing deals" blog
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Member

The Lifemiles forum is about the specific instance of what many in FT believe is a transgression concerning lifemiles awards.

Actually, please take a look at the title of this thread. How frequently has a post in this thread actually complied with the that title?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:49 pm

I just want more content that is original. It doesnt have to be Earth Shattering. But if its original at least I can get add it. Too many times the article is simply a fluff piece to add links.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MileageUpdate
I just want more content that is original. It doesnt have to be Earth Shattering. But if its original at least I can get add it. Too many times the article is simply a fluff piece to add links.
Says he who hosts a site which consolidates other blogs.

Go write something new.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Says he who hosts a site which consolidates other blogs.

Go write something new.
Thats funny. I can only ask for original content if I write it myself?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thats funny. I can only ask for original content if I write it myself?
No, you should stop complaining about the lack of original content in a blog that consolidates other blogs.

Make something new... Please... So I can list it.... Most of the stuff I try to list to keep my site new isn't new...
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
No, you should stop complaining about the lack of original content in a blog that consolidates other blogs.

Make something new... Please... So I can list it.... Most of the stuff I try to list to keep my site new isn't new...
Maybe you are having a bad day or something. I dont see my commentary as complaining. Just as I dont see your commentary as whining. Maybe we differ in views but no need to attack someone else.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Too many times the article is simply a fluff piece to add links.
Shocked, just shocked about this!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:56 pm

We've reached a new low....

We've gone from Flyertalk members complaining about bloggers relying on content produced by FT members to push credit card referrals to bloggers complaining about "bloggers" that rely on other bloggers for content.

Unless you have several people writing for a blog I'm going to guess that it is extremely difficult to produce original content on a daily basis that is worth reading. Go on to boardingarea and you'll see some really lazy work.. where the bloggers just take stories from other boardingarea bloggers and provide color commentary. When a big "story" breaks you'll notice that a majority of bloggers only found out about the information from another blog.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx

We've gone from Flyertalk members complaining about bloggers relying on content produced by FT members to push credit card referrals to bloggers complaining about "bloggers" that rely on other bloggers for content.

Unless you have several people writing for a blog I'm going to guess that it is extremely difficult to produce original content on a daily basis that is worth reading. Go on to boardingarea and you'll see some really lazy work.. where the bloggers just take stories from other boardingarea bloggers and provide color commentary. When a big "story" breaks you'll notice that a majority of bloggers only found out about the information from another blog.
^^ Wow, completely agree.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

Some bloggers simply post their reaction to blogs and stuff they read on FT instead of posting those thoughts on FlyerTalk.

That's one of many things that is going to make the new forum so interesting, imho. When a blog does that we can bring the conversation back to FT and have it here rather than somewhere else.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When a big "story" breaks you'll notice that a majority of bloggers only found out about the information from another blog.
Where else would they learn of the new information? VERY little is truly original. Does that mean that only one blogger is ever allowed to write about a story? Should Reuters not cover a story if the AP does?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:01 pm

I read the following with interest:

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/maxi...+Newsletter+MC

I know that many here will be unhappy with all the links to cc's and have in the past critiqued both TPG's and Jason Steele's approaches and strategies. But as a newbie, a post like this is helpful, at least on the surface. Nevertheless, having read enough here at FT, I now know not to take it as gospel. Seth of The Wandering Aramean made a useful comment. I would be most interested in how folks here would evaluate the info offered.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.