Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there skywardhunter, we will double check for you now and will get back to you shortly. *HE
it's been 2 days, what's your definition of shortly?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I really appreciate the fact that they tried to contact me. I was not expecting that, and so I described the problem in detail in my posts.

However, because I am traveling outside the country, I am reachable by e-mail or PM but not through the phone number I gave you. I have sent you a better phone number and my e-mail address. Please note the time zone difference (-10 hours from Abu Dhabi).
I wanted to provide an update.

An EY staff member did call me, which was very nice. It would have been better if he had not called me at midnight my time, when I was fast asleep. But hey, can't have everything.

He understood that the problem and recognized that it was a technical problem rather than a matter of a customer making demands. He said he would message the inventory control team, and someone would get back to me later that day. He was very responsive and seemed willing to help, and I was impressed by that.

However, no one got back to me, and the problem has not been fixed.

Oh well. I guess I wasn't really expecting that EY would do anything.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:10 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi there skywardhunter,

Regrettably we do not offer tier match.

Thanks for your interest.

*DP
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:12 pm

Hi there SeeBuyFly,

We are sorry for the delay. We will follow this up and ask that you be updated.

Thanks for your patience.

*DP
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:58 pm

unusual issue fixed through EtihadHelp---thank you

I wanted to thank EY staff and EtihadHelp. They were exceptionally responsive to a quite esoteric issue.

I have been trying to find GuestSeat availability between CCU and ORD and not finding anything in either direction on any day for the next 11 months. Big deal, you might say...EY is not obliged to make GuestSeats available. Customers don't have any right to award space.

But I noticed a pattern: there was widespread GuestSeat availability (in both J and Y) between CCU and anywhere in the US except for ORD. And there was widespread GuestSeat availability between ORD and anywhere in India except for CCU. So this looked like a computer glitch blocking one particular city pair, rather than actual non-availability of award space.

I hesitated to complain, because it would sound like an unreasonable "make an award available for me" demand. But I did finally write to EtihadHelp, and they had a staff member call me. It took some time, but today they fixed it!

Since this is a much more esoteric issue compared to (say) missing credit for flights, I wanted to acknowledge the exceptional effort made. Thank you, EtihadHelp and EY staff.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:45 am
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I wanted to thank EY staff and EtihadHelp in a new thread. They were exceptionally responsive to a quite esoteric issue.

I have been trying to find GuestSeat availability between CCU and ORD and not finding anything in either direction on any day for the next 11 months. Big deal, you might say...EY is not obliged to make GuestSeats available. Customers don't have any right to award space.

But I noticed a pattern: there was widespread GuestSeat availability (in both J and Y) between CCU and anywhere in the US except for ORD. And there was widespread GuestSeat availability between ORD and anywhere in India except for CCU. So this looked like a computer glitch blocking one particular city pair, rather than actual non-availability of award space.

I hesitated to complain, because it would sound like an unreasonable "make an award available for me" demand. But I did finally write to EtihadHelp, and they had a staff member call me. It took some time, but today they fixed it!

Since this is a much more esoteric issue compared to (say) missing credit for flights, I wanted to acknowledge the exceptional effort made. Thank you, EtihadHelp and EY staff.
Good to hear. Etihadhelp also recently resolved an issue for me with missing tier miles. The normal channels are still completely hopeless at resolving issues. But its good to hear that others are also finding Etihadhelp useful.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi guys,

New to EY. Have a flight in Business on the 346 coming up in April. When I go to select seats I see rows 6, 8 and 10 as having windows (A) seats. Yet when I look at any seat map on seatguru, etc. it says 5, 7, 9 have A seats, and 6, 7 and 10 have aisle seats. Which is right?

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:13 am

EtihadHelp,

Thanks.
After I corresponded back today morning, about an hour ago the problem with the orphan segment was resolved (I noticed just now).

Please convey my thanks to JC and others at the MAN help desk.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by GDOCA
Hi guys,

New to EY. Have a flight in Business on the 346 coming up in April. When I go to select seats I see rows 6, 8 and 10 as having windows (A) seats. Yet when I look at any seat map on seatguru, etc. it says 5, 7, 9 have A seats, and 6, 7 and 10 have aisle seats. Which is right?

Thanks
Dear GDOCA,

Thank you for flying with Etihad Airways.

Kindly provide us your booking reference by direct message so we can check it out for you.

Thanks. *JS
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by raghu
EtihadHelp,

Thanks.
After I corresponded back today morning, about an hour ago the problem with the orphan segment was resolved (I noticed just now).

Please convey my thanks to JC and others at the MAN help desk.
Dear Raghu,

Thank you for letting us know. We will be sure to pass it on.

Please feel free to contact us here should you require any further assistance. *JS
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:54 pm

Seat assignment for AUH-CDG

Hi Etihadhelp - Can you please help me with my seat assignment issue? I have 2 first class individual reservations from AUH-CDG but am unable to get seat assignments done online or on phone with etihad customer service.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:45 pm

Hi Stivelio, we can assist you with this. Please PM the booking reference to have a look at your booking. *ES

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Hi Etihadhelp - Can you please help me with my seat assignment issue? I have 2 first class individual reservations from AUH-CDG but am unable to get seat assignments done online or on phone with etihad customer service.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Dear EtihadHelp:

I am a top tier frequent flyer with American Airlines. I recently flown on the A380 in the Apartment and was blown away.

This made me do some research on possibly switching frequent flyer programs to Etihad Guest. So let's say I am Etihad Guest Platinum. I am mainly interested in seat upgrades. Here are my questions:

For the noted instant upgrades at the airport, can you elaborate how this works? Does it involve redeeming miles, or is it just the on duty manager's discretion and subject to meal/seat availability, as mentioned in the key points?

My home airport is YYZ (Toronto). Let's say I have a flight to HKG that connects in AUH. Does the on duty manager at YYZ have the authority to upgrade my AUH-HKG leg or do I have to get authorization from the on duty manager at AUH?

Lastly, is there any fast track opportunities to achieve status on EY from other elite status airlines? I am an executive platinum on American Airlines.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Titan, thanks for reaching out. Let us have a look at this, we will request our Baggage Claims team a follow-up on your case. Meanwhile we get an update, we thank you for your patience. *FT
Please follow up my case
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by TheSinister
Dear EtihadHelp:

I am a top tier frequent flyer with American Airlines. I recently flown on the A380 in the Apartment and was blown away.

This made me do some research on possibly switching frequent flyer programs to Etihad Guest. So let's say I am Etihad Guest Platinum. I am mainly interested in seat upgrades. Here are my questions:

For the noted instant upgrades at the airport, can you elaborate how this works? Does it involve redeeming miles, or is it just the on duty manager's discretion and subject to meal/seat availability, as mentioned in the key points?

My home airport is YYZ (Toronto). Let's say I have a flight to HKG that connects in AUH. Does the on duty manager at YYZ have the authority to upgrade my AUH-HKG leg or do I have to get authorization from the on duty manager at AUH?

Lastly, is there any fast track opportunities to achieve status on EY from other elite status airlines? I am an executive platinum on American Airlines.
Dear TheSinister,

Thank you for choosing Etihad. Kindly bear with us to check it out with the airport team in YYZ and Hong Kong. We will let you know once we have an update.

Best Regards. *JS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.