Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by kcmd
+1!!
Originally Posted by Spiff
+2
+3!

I always have singles for tips, but I will not pay for a 'premium' drink...
What's next? the return of the 'premium sandwiches' for $15 dollars?!
Old May 14, 2013, 8:44 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Update from DL on Club beverage changes

Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
  • Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite
  • Complimentary wine: no changes to current wine offerings
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

• Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
i have never tasted Scoresby scotch, but the reviews that i have just read make me incredibly sad. i already miss Dewar's. we'll see how bad this Scoresby hooch is on thursday....
Old May 14, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
y; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; .
phew!
Old May 14, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: DL FO
Thanks, DLCorpGuy. I appeciate the acknowledgement but I feel bad that you had to come up with a spin for this one. Good attempt.

One correction and one question:

1) Jack Daniel's is NOT bourbon.
2) No Bailey's?
Old May 14, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
This statement pretty much sums it all up for me. Little things like slightly better house brands (Tanqueray, Skyy, etc.) in the Skyclub are what help me differentiate between a sea of mediocre products elsewhere. But I'm glad to know Delta is only concerned with offering a comparable experience and nothing more.

I'm sure AA, UA, US etc. will also be happy to offer me a comparable experience.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
phew!
+1
Old May 14, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated

While it is nice to finally get official acknowledgement, this flat out sucks. If Delta had lowered the rates $50 and did this, I could swallow it. (pun not intended) But to raise the rates and then tack this crap on?

Complete bull.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium

DLCorpGuy - will refunds be offered to those of us who paid for memberships and expected a maintained higher level of service? I'd like half of my membership returned to me now that your clubs are of no value whatsoever.

Additionally, what customer feedback have you actually responded to with changes to the club? Were patrons tired of the computer workstations so you removed them? People complained about not paying for a reasonable glass of beer? It was too darned quiet in the clubs, so please sell groupons to kettles? Oh, and also - the club doesn't cost enough - please charge me more.

Last edited by timmy83; May 14, 2013 at 9:48 am
Old May 14, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver

Myers's Rum is an upgrade from Bacardi as far as I'm concerned. So that's good at least.

Does this mean no more free local beers in the SkyClubs? I always enjoyed Sweetwater 420 in ATL, the IPA in DTW, the OBC amber in MCO, the Ballast Point in SAN, and the good local ones I can't remember the name of in SLC. That will be a big disappointment if those go away.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:48 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Scoresby? Seriously?

http://boozebasher.livejournal.com/12413.html
Old May 14, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
One more thing to monetize...glad I do not drink alcohol...

:-/
Old May 14, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by us2
+1

What on earth is that?!??!

Even if DL were to pay me to drink the stuff I would stay away.

Oh well... so much for my Sky Club membership experiment... I think it will be back to the airport bars after my year's done...
Old May 14, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
So I can't even get a Summit EPA at the MSP SkyClubs for free anymore? So much for me EVER paying the $25 with my SkyMiles Platinum Amex to visit SC again.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I think us Diamonds, and for those that pay for the membership, have had it up to here with fees and surcharges. The last great frontier with DL is being able to enter a sky club and get a beer, a wine, or a mixed drink for free, and soon, that will be gone.
Don't worry - you'll get to pay for your beer (other than Bud and Miller Lite) now too! Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.