FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL
Old May 14, 2013, 9:47 am
realjd

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
  • Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite
  • Complimentary wine: no changes to current wine offerings
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
Myers's Rum is an upgrade from Bacardi as far as I'm concerned. So that's good at least.

Does this mean no more free local beers in the SkyClubs? I always enjoyed Sweetwater 420 in ATL, the IPA in DTW, the OBC amber in MCO, the Ballast Point in SAN, and the good local ones I can't remember the name of in SLC. That will be a big disappointment if those go away.