Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member ND76

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member emancj — and it includes a photograph

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member tvnwz

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member 355F1
Print Wikipost

Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
The FC lav is a Boeing standard lav...exactly the same size at all other B737NG FC lavs.

Hopefully Wi-Fi installations will begin next month...we're as anxious for the product to be onboard as you are
Chris, Thank you.

Can you confirm whether 5C/5D have limited recline, or was it just my imagination?

David
Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
The FC lav is a Boeing standard lav...exactly the same size at all other B737NG FC lavs.
So what you mean is that the Delta 737-900 FC lav is just as bad as the FC lav on the 737NG. That's not really something to be proud of.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:24 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by DL-Don
So what you mean is that the Delta 737-900 FC lav is just as bad as the FC lav on the 737NG. That's not really something to be proud of.
DL-Don...just stating a fact that the size of the DL FC lav -- that Boeing provides as standard equipment -- is not any smaller than the thousands of other 737NG a/c in service.

Hope that clarifies the statement. Have a great weekend.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:25 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Wi-Fi on the -900ER

Good news everyone...our first -900ER, ship 3801, is now flying with Wi-Fi. The rest of the fleet is scheduled for installation during December.

Thanks for being patient!

Chris-
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: delta DM/MM, marriott LifetimeP, united P, Intercontinental P
Thumbs down

DL-Don...just stating a fact that the size of the DL FC lav -- that Boeing provides as standard equipment -- is not any smaller than the thousands of other 737NG a/c in service.

Hope that clarifies the statement. Have a great weekend.
Having flown on the new dl 737-900er from lax to atl yesterday:
1. I will avoid this model plane. Dont really care if it is as bad as the std 737 lav. Because it is just bad! Much too small. Key point
2. The avod angle is a pain
3. The table dist is too tight
Delta mgmt : try it out yourself and see that you too will uncomfortable.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by sdb55
Having flown on the new dl 737-900er from lax to atl yesterday:
1. I will avoid this model plane. Dont really care if it is as bad as the std 737 lav. Because it is just bad! Much too small. Key point
2. The avod angle is a pain
3. The table dist is too tight
Delta mgmt : try it out yourself and see that you too will uncomfortable.
The continued decline of Delta's first class product is leading up to an announcement...

DELTA INTRODUCES FIRST COMFORT
We've listened to our most valued frequent flyers who have told us what they would pay more for in a First Class cabin. Delta is proud to announce First Comfort. The first First Class premium product in the domestic US market among the major US carriers. Amenities in the First Comfort section of First Class include:

First Two Rows of First Class will be First Comfort
This will allow First Comfort passengers to be the first to access the lavatory when the seat belt sign is turned off and the ability to be the first to exit the aircraft at your flight's destination
Expanded Seat Pitch to 40"
You will enjoy a seat where you can sit and stretch your legs. Where you can cross your legs. Where you can open your laptop with the recline of the seat in front of you getting in the way. And where you can enjoy your meal without looking at the scalp of the person in front of you
Enhanced First Class Meals
We've hired American Airlines to consult with us in creating real First Class meals for our customers sitting in the First Comfort section. Expanded meal times. Expanded offerings. Tastier options
Luxury Bar
The Sky Club Luxury Bar comes onboard. All First Comfort passengers will be offered complementary beverages of their choice from Delta's award-winning Luxury Bar
Complimentary WiFi
All First Comfort customers will receive complementary access to GoGo Inflight wifi. No more fumbling around to log in to your account and make a payment
IFE Monitors That Tilt
Because we've expanded the seat pitch to 40", we are now able to offer First Comfort passengers personal IFE monitors that can be tilted to optimize your viewing angle

Delta looks forward to offering this product to you, our valued frequent flyers. First Comfort will be complementary to our Delta360 and Diamond Medallion customers. Platinum and Gold Medallion customers may purchase a First Comfort seat at a discounted rate above their First Class fare or along with their Medallion upgrade. All other Delta customers are welcome to purchase a First Comfort seat at the full fare rate.

Delta Air Lines First Comfort.
More of what a First Class product should be.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by fattieonboard

DELTA INTRODUCES FIRST COMFORT
I wouldn't be surprised...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Please, let's not give Delta any ideas...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:03 am

Flew on the 737-900 ER last Wednesday from DTW-SFO. Flight had about 70 open seats which provided lots of extra room so the flight was pleasant. If it was 100% full, it would have been a bad experience. Seating is tight - the seats for whatever reason seem slimmer than the 757, 737-800, and definately felt smaller than the 767-300 I had on the return trip home.

The coach lavatory is so tiny you can't even turn yourself around inside it. It seems about the same as a CRJ or ERJ lavatory. I guess that's how Delta gets a few more seats in the aircraft.

Anyhow, the mood lighting was cool and it had that 'new plane smell' but give me the 757 or 767 anyday over this jet.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Have not been on that plane yet. However, it seems that the overwhelming majority of feedback from those who did fly the 737-900 is negative.
I think Delta has about 100 of these in order.

Is there any plan on modifying the configuration of the coming planes to address at least some of the issues raised in this thread?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Have not been on that plane yet. However, it seems that the overwhelming majority of feedback from those who did fly the 737-900 is negative.
I think Delta has about 100 of these in order.

Is there any plan on modifying the configuration of the coming planes to address at least some of the issues raised in this thread?
Of course not. Why would DL take anything on this board seriously. A huge portion of the people on here are just out to get the most for the least, and take advantage of any loophole that can be found for their own personal selfish benefit. DL is a business, it isn't a lover. If you want to buy extra room, DL offers a couple of ways you can do it. If you don't fit in the bathroom, it isn't meant to be comfortable. Get in, do your business, get out. For the love of everything holy, it is an airplane bathroom.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:10 am

The lavs on Delta's 737-900ERs are smaller than previous 737 lavs:

Rivals Battle to Design Toilets Good Enough to Fly
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by meh130
The lavs on Delta's 737-900ERs are smaller than previous 737 lavs:

Rivals Battle to Design Toilets Good Enough to Fly
I think this only applies to the lavs in Y, not in F.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Of course not. Why would DL take anything on this board seriously. A huge portion of the people on here are just out to get the most for the least, and take advantage of any loophole that can be found for their own personal selfish benefit. DL is a business, it isn't a lover. If you want to buy extra room, DL offers a couple of ways you can do it. If you don't fit in the bathroom, it isn't meant to be comfortable. Get in, do your business, get out. For the love of everything holy, it is an airplane bathroom.
I would argue that most businesses do listen to their customers and try to make their customers' experience the best they can. You roll out a product, it can have flaws, they could be fixed. Like a beta version.

You mentioned the legroom. I saw pictures of the First class legroom and it does seem really bad (esp the bulkhead).
The bathroom is one issue I don't personally care about (except if it's really too tiny to change a diaper and pax then feel it's ok to change diapers directly on their seats). But if there is a way to fix it, why not?

Finally, it seems from posts I read here that the screen not tilting impairs the experience. Why not finding different monitors that can tilt for future aircrafts? After all, if delta put them on the plane in the first place it's to ameliorate the customer's experience.

I do not understand why you are so negative. I would find it normal for a business to test a product and take into account the customers' feedback when they can. Making the observation the bathroom is uncomfortable does not really qualify IMO as TAKING " advantage of any loophole that can be found for their own personal selfish benefit".
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Finally, it seems from posts I read here that the screen not tilting impairs the experience. Why not finding different monitors that can tilt for future aircrafts? After all, if delta put them on the plane in the first place it's to ameliorate the customer's experience.
I an wondering if the displays do not tilt due to the limited depth of the new seats due to them being slimline versions. If you look at the headrest area, I don't think there is room to allow the display to be tilted since the pax head is basically right there already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.