Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta360 for HVC DM's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
DL 360 is almost certainly primarily (if not entirely) spend-based, not mileage-based. I would look at your spend totals to see if one is higher than the other, rather than simply looking at miles flown.
360 is all about $$$$ (both past, current and future), I don't understand why people keep talking about miles. The only exceptions are people who 'influence' large amounts of spend on Delta.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Maybe this is a bad assumption, but from what I've read about folks who hit 360, they're typically buying BE or first outright. The spend amounts certainly imply that at least. How much is a benefit of upgrade priority over DMs for this group? Did anyone who was in 360 last year actually sit in coach on a flight?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
-- The couple of examples people have shared with me appear to fall into this category, as opposed to any automated function that would put a 360 T fare ahead of a Silver Y on the upgrade list. But I honestly don't know.
Originally Posted by hoyt
Maybe this is a bad assumption, but from what I've read about folks who hit 360, they're typically buying BE or first outright. The spend amounts certainly imply that at least. How much is a benefit of upgrade priority over DMs for this group? Did anyone who was in 360 last year actually sit in coach on a flight?
All I will say is EXACTLY - a 360 is extremely unlikely to purchase a T fare IMHO.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
All I will say is EXACTLY - a 360 is extremely unlikely to purchase a T fare IMHO.
Not quite. I usually buy the fare that gets me to the location at the time I need. This often includes lowly T fares. I never buy domestic FC. However, I do spend $50k+ a year on INTL BE. So I, for one, will enjoy any additional upgrade benefits on my 150k mqms a year flying domestically.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
Not quite. I usually buy the fare that gets me to the location at the time I need. This often includes lowly T fares. I never buy domestic FC. However, I do spend $50k+ a year on INTL BE. So I, for one, will enjoy any additional upgrade benefits on my 150k mqms a year flying domestically.
Actually I can imagine that scenario now you mention it. One day it could apply to me. Company policy is that Internationally on flights >6 hours we are allowed BE. Along with some last minute domestics - say B,M etc, spend could be quite high >50K. Factor in when I travel home to UK or to see grandchildren in Ireland I get Z fares if <3000$ and others, then other travel at low cost -T Fares - will happen and I would theoretically be even higher priority for UG than I already am. It makes sense.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by LBJ
DL 360 is almost certainly primarily (if not entirely) spend-based, not mileage-based. I would look at your spend totals to see if one is higher than the other, rather than simply looking at miles flown.
My spend base is higher too. My MQD and my actual spend both higher. I flew slightly more than he did and I am the one who buys all the tickets for our joint trips.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:04 pm

Very seldom but occasionally I sat in economy.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:44 pm

My husband's stats from 2014:
MQD- $46,765
MQM- 283,092

My stats from 2014:
MQD- $49,412
MQM- 395,557

He received 360 for 2015. I didn't.

Same home base. Mostly same routes and flights flown. I purchased almost all the tickets for the two of us.

Last edited by Cdwoodley; Mar 5, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Cdwoodley
My husband's stats from 2014:
MQD- $46,765
MQM- 283,092

My stats from 2014:
MQD- $49,412
MQM- 395,557

He received 360 for 2015. I didn't.

Same home base. Mostly same routes and flights flown. I purchased almost all the tickets for the two of us.
Well what is the difference between you and your husband's BIS miles and CPM? Also, what was the difference between Delta operated and non Delta operated? That's all I can think of. It appears Delta may have copied United's GS formula for calculating 360 members and even they just have a best guess for the formula.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Longboater
Well what is the difference between you and your husband's BIS miles and CPM? Also, what was the difference between Delta operated and non Delta operated? That's all I can think of. It appears Delta may have copied United's GS formula for calculating 360 members and even they just have a best guess for the formula.
I don't know what BIS and CPM stand for. No difference between delta operated and non-delta operated. As I mentioned we fly almost the same flights together. I have more because I have had a few more business trips that he did not have in 2014. But generally we fly for business together.

I just think its funny that despite us being so similar, one of us gets 360 and one doesn't. I was invited as part of the beta group and was last year and he was not. I was not invited this year but he was. As I said, as long as one of us is, we both get the benefits. Because when we are met in SLC by the agent, or MSP or ATL by the Porsche, we both get the benefit not just one of us.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Cdwoodley
I don't know what BIS and CPM stand for. No difference between delta operated and non-delta operated. As I mentioned we fly almost the same flights together. I have more because I have had a few more business trips that he did not have in 2014. But generally we fly for business together.

I just think its funny that despite us being so similar, one of us gets 360 and one doesn't. I was invited as part of the beta group and was last year and he was not. I was not invited this year but he was. As I said, as long as one of us is, we both get the benefits. Because when we are met in SLC by the agent, or MSP or ATL by the Porsche, we both get the benefit not just one of us.
BIS: Butt in seats miles. CPM: Cents per mile. Both are related to how United likely determines global services invitees.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Maybe they are allowed J on overseas flights but only Y on domestic-therefore, they would still value upgrades.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The numbers show that you flew a lot more miles for very little more money. Hence your husband's travel tends to generally be more profitable tto DL..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:08 pm

I think we can all agree here that Delta calculates 360 invitees based on dollars spent:miles on delta-metal only ratio.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think we can all agree here that Delta calculates 360 invitees based on dollars spent:miles on delta-metal only ratio.
No, we can't because it appears that one must be DM to be invited into 360 unless one controls a huge corporate travel budget. Taking one very short but very expensive flight so that the ratio is very high will in a likelihood not lead to an invitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.