Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
DL link shows PHL on list.

PreCheck is available in PHL, but not at the DL checkpoint (between Terminal D & E). ... unless there has been a change in the last week.

Have to go to USAir in terminal C
I will be going through PHL Monday. WOuld be nice to have Pre at D, but I may just go to C to be safe.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:17 pm

THANK YOU - It definitely will make a difference in arrival time @ airports. Appreciate it so much.

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
“TSA PRECHK” will appear immediately underneath the passenger name on printed boarding passes
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Delta Points
I think:

"notice if you’ve been selected for TSA PreCheck"

Says YES you have been picked - ie no wait for 3 beeps!

I'm thinking that the boarding passes will only show TSA PRECHK if one is eligible for expedited screening. Basically, if the bar code has a 3 at the end, the boarding pass will show TSA PRECHK. While nice, this is an issue for those who are not Sky Priority, but have GE/NEXUS/SENTRI.

I'm more concerned about the sample e-boarding pass which lists a Gold Medallion with and without SkyPriority as being in Zone 4, DL 1239 as being operated by a codeshare partner, and a destination visa possibly being required for a passenger flying DCA-ATL.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
I'm more concerned about the sample e-boarding pass which lists a Gold Medallion with and without SkyPriority as being in Zone 4, DL 1239 as being operated by a codeshare partner, and a destination visa possibly being required for a passenger flying DCA-ATL.
It's a mocked up boarding pass, not a real one. The date shown is November 2011 too; was Gold good for Sky Priority in 2011 anyway? At least they did bother with an accurate flight number and time; not all mock boarding passes do.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm thinking that the boarding passes will only show TSA PRECHK if one is eligible for expedited screening. Basically, if the bar code has a 3 at the end, the boarding pass will show TSA PRECHK. While nice, this is an issue for those who are not Sky Priority, but have GE/NEXUS/SENTRI.

The south has always been a separate country and as such they are allowed to require visas. It's sort of like needing a passport to travel to Hawaii or New Mexico. Line dragons before passport control in AMS believe that MSP is located in Greece and hence one must use the schengen security check lines to go airside.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:06 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
The first post is very explicit that this is not the case. It only means you are eligible for Pre Check, not that you are guaranteed to get the 3 beeps.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles FO
This is a follow up to my earlier post in this thread. I have seen a lot (to me, at least) of pax in the regular line at DTW get the three beeps for Pre Check. Until I was a regular reader of FT and learned of the Global Entry program, I always wondered why pax eligible for Pre Check would be in the regular line and not the SP line.

Having seen the separate Pre Check line at DTW last month, this new feature makes complete sense. Those who aren't eligible for the SP line won't have to plead their case for using the Pre Check line, and the Pre Check line won't get flooded with poachers.

I agree with others who have said that this new feature will not alert you to knowing you're going to receive the three beeps. Rather, this will give you the comfort of knowing that you will be able to use the Pre Check line to (hopefully) get to the TSA ID Checkers quickly.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I really, really wish that they would give everyone on the same PNR the same treatment....my partner and I both have pre check but very often only one of us will get the three beeps, meaning that the other waits at the end of security. This is very annoying.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:28 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really, really wish that they would give everyone on the same PNR the same treatment....my partner and I both have pre check but very often only one of us will get the three beeps, meaning that the other waits at the end of security. This is very annoying.
So you would prefer both to not receive Pre Check so you both wait in the regular line? I would rather one person has it easier and wait after security than both wait in the normal security line.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:46 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Update:

Printed BPs yesterday at home; nothing special on them, as I expected.

This morning, reprinted at the PIT kiosk, and viola! It's there, on both the first & second segments!

Observations: The TA guy who helps pax with kisok check-in didn't know ANYTHING at all about it! I showed him, & he was very surprised!

The TSA Prechek officer seemed to be examining my BP longer than usual. I mentioned the new Prechek designation to him, & he said, that's what he was looking for, as he hadn't seen it yet! I had to point it out to him! - - -

Here's the kicker . . . . He said, what he'd like to know, is, whether or not the BP desigantion means you get the 3 beeps, or if it just shows that you eligible!!! I said - - "That's what WE want to know, too!!!".

Yes, I got the 3 beeps.

I'll post pics when I can. No big deal, really.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dEagleS

I am surprised, though, that the TSA is allowing the passenger to know up to 24 hours ahead of time whether they likely got it or not. They seem to be all for the security through obscurity scheme.
They are suppose to do a background check on these people. Not sure what qualifies or disqualifies someone, but if you can pass the background check in theory you are not a threat.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
My wife only flys occasionally, so she decided to apply for GE. She has the GE card in hand, and entered her GE number in the Trusted Traveller portion of her Delta SM profile four weeks ago.

Please, please, please tell me that when she prints her boarding pass for next weeks flight that the pass will say she is Pre-Check qualifed.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think the pre-check scanner must be different in BOS, since I don't get 3 beeps but usually get pre-check. Only time I got the 3 beeps was last week when they scanned my bp and the light turned red... then he scanned it again and it was green so I guess the first try was a misread or something.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks for the positive change. Very helpful.

Does this mean that if you have not been selected for Pre-check for a particular flight (the random impact), then “TSA PRECHK” will not appear on the boarding pass?
Thats a pretty good assumption
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by RRDD
My wife only flys occasionally, so she decided to apply for GE. She has the GE card in hand, and entered her GE number in the Trusted Traveller portion of her Delta SM profile four weeks ago.

Please, please, please tell me that when she prints her boarding pass for next weeks flight that the pass will say she is Pre-Check qualifed.
It's the Secure Flight data for that particular reservation, not what's in her profile, that matters. If she booked the flight after entering the number in her profile, she should be OK, but she might want to verify that the number is in her reservation to be sure. If she booked the flight prior to that, then the number will need to be added to the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.