Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Amex told me I couldn't transfer to a third party's SM account when I inquired last year. Either I got bad info, ornit was a stip that went into place after you did your links.
You have to link the accounts. I did one of the links in Nov/Dec in order to do the mqm bonus so I know it works. Probably the Amex rep thought you want to transfer the miles without having the accounts linked to the card. My sister does not even have a DL SM acount and I have her Amex linked to mine and the other 2 SM accounts. Log in your amex account, under rewards tab on top center (box with bow) click in the following order--/use points/ff program/delta/link account

The link takes 2 minutes to show up to your Amex account. I gave my sis as an example but I also have my son's SM linked to my account and he is a minor without an Amex. I have been transferring miles to his SM account for the last 3? years and I did another transfer a couple of weks ago.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:51 am

Seems like a good deal for SkyPesos...

I cherished the time when NWA was still alive. Transfered Skymiles into WorldPerks, ATL-SGN (Southeast Asia) RT was around 50-60K on Korean Air via NWA. Roughly 20-Hr flight time total vs. 150K Skymiles ATL-SGN (33-HR plus flight time, with unnecessary layover in Europe).

Currently 2 personal and 3 biz accounts with Am3x, otherwise might app for Platinum for the promo!

The "best" I've seen is 25K MR points for upgrade? Can one upgrade from Gold Card Biz to Platinum and still qualify for the same promo?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Diamond; SPG-Gold
75k miles/25kMQM instant x-fer

Originally Posted by mspreh
It appears as if this thread has ventured a little off topic, but anyway the back to the Original Topic, I registered yesterday for the 50% Bonus and 25K MQM's, transferred the points last night, and the miles, the bonus miles, and the MQM's all posted to my Skymiles account this morning.... Just an FYI. Thanks Delta I missed last years, but this will make me a lock of PM this year!
Just transferred the points this morning and the miles, bonus miles and MQM appeared instantaneously in my Delta Account. I transferred the points online vs calling to transfer.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jjd477
Not for me. I avoid DL if at all possible. I have lots of Skypesos left from my NWA acct................
ill take them off your hands.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Sweet. I just gave my wife silver medallion and I think it's good until 02/13 right? It all went through within minutes

Thanks for the tip OP.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Now if I only had 50K AMEX MR points....sadly my employer just switch over to AMEX late last year. Not sure I'll get to 50K by May 31....might have to consider a personal one as well.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
I just tried to enroll my husband's SM account for this promotion on the Delta link (I did last year's promo on my SM account), and got this message:

You do not meet the eligibility criteria listed below and may not register for this promotion.

We encourage you to check out our other great offers on our Promotion Highlights page

We each have AmEx Plat cards and AmEx Premier Award cards (gold), and both cards are tied into my Membership Rewards account, where both of our DL SM accounts are already linked. I've never done a MR transfer into his DL account.

It looks like my participation in the prior promotion is preventing his participation in this one! Are those of you who are "gifting silver" to a spouse going through the same Membership Rewards account as you used for the prior promotion on your own SM account?

Just checked hubby's SM account -- I already enrolled him in the 30% promo for Membership Rewards -- http://www.delta.com/pet/mrgetaway/pet/main -- could this be causing a conflict?

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Jan 22, 2011 at 10:57 am
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by dan88
yea, not denying that it is worth it but i am greedy. I don't use entrance to skyclubs, i still have 2 passes from last year. Companion ticket i would never use, i still have mine from last year as well. I don't pay for checked bags, and have a ton of drink coupons for delta, so i wouldn't use the $200 in airline fee's a year either.
Yeah but you could do it this way. Get the 2 years FREE SILVER status that is worth a bit. Once you have ANY STATUS you can convert points to GIFT CARDS. You can get 7 cards with 77k points and get $700-$450FEE and NET OUT a GAIN of $250

https://marketplace.delta.com/reward...RewardId=17923

DO NOTE the miles are HIGHER if you DO NOT have status!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:04 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Now if I only had 50K AMEX MR points
a 'bit' off topic, but for evaluation/valuation purposes; what $ value (approximately, of course) would one put on 50K AMEX MR points?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
a 'bit' off topic, but for evaluation/valuation purposes; what $ value (approximately, of course) would one put on 50K AMEX MR points?
amex would value ~ $500 for gift cards, etc. $600 for pay with points travel

with this promotion on DL, I would value at the amex gift card conversion rate with the 50% bonus 50k MR = 75k SM= $682 in amex gift card . You can get a better perceived value if use are able to use miles for intl BE travel.

MQMs are a big driver with this promotion
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
No Conflict But

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Just checked hubby's SM account -- I already enrolled him in the 30% promo for Membership Rewards -- http://www.delta.com/pet/mrgetaway/pet/main -- could this be causing a conflict?
Not an issue as I have both promos listed in my account but

as I asked before I wonder if I should try to delete (if I can)

the 30% promo so it doesn't screw up the 50% promo or

just wait til it expires 3-31-11 before the transfer as the new

offer is good til 5-31-11
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
Not an issue as I have both promos listed in my account but

as I asked before I wonder if I should try to delete (if I can)

the 30% promo so it doesn't screw up the 50% promo or

just wait til it expires 3-31-11 before the transfer as the new

offer is good til 5-31-11
Good idea -- thanks! I'll try to enroll him after 3/31 when the 30% promo expires. I did try to find a way to delete the 30% promo, but wasn't able to find one. Meanwhile, I wonder if using the same MR account for all 4 cards is causing the invalidation problem?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
iirc, there is a $100k income requirement for the card. I suspect there is a fico min as well, probably btw 680 and 700.
Is this requirement for $100k income listed somewhere? I meet the FICO requirement but not that level of income. Is the deal a bust for me then or are there any other options? Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
w00t. Great opportunity. Looks like American Express' website is down. They cannot take my Platinum application right now because the server is down or something
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone been successful with online application?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Not A DL Frequent Offender

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Please use it so INGY can get credit!
Sorry but who is INGY

(Spend most of my time offending on the CO board)

Last edited by CHIC SILBER; Jan 22, 2011 at 11:40 am Reason: added line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.