Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital one attitude towards churners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:59 pm

I applied and got the Business Sparks card. It was card #13 since July. I put 0 revenue, less than 1 year on the application for the business.

I just got a targeted offer for 50k Mileage Plus Explorer. Thinking of doing that and Citi Platt.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:10 am

I have had three or four Venture cards, and both Spark cards. Have two Venture cards and both Spark open right now. I have had no trouble with Cap One approving and giving huge credit lines.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by nfpa70e
Can you get cash or statement credit for any of the CapOne credit cards?
I get stmt credit for cap1 spark card.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:41 am

First ever denial! Denied for Capital One Venture, due to too many open accounts without any balance, as well as too many new accounts. Thankfully, I had frozen Experian. I called reconsideration; the CSR didn't have an issue with the frozen Experian, but she did ask about the many accounts. Decided not to let her submit a reconsideration request, because she said it might involve additional hard pulls with no guarantee of success. So for me Capital One has been a waste of hard pulls.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Too many to list
2018 and still the same. applied through targeted offer with invite code - Denied.
"Watch your credit score...." Thanks. it 780
I know its going to be same as above - too many accounts without balance etc.
Clever sheets.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
If you think 5/24 from Chase is tough, I believe Capital One has 4/24 (unofficial and undisclosed) which is even tougher.

We already have a few DP of denials with 4/24 and high credit scores. Didn't spend enough on the card? Denied. Too many accounts opened recently? Denied. Your scores and incomes don't matter.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
If you think 5/24 from Chase is tough, I believe Capital One has 4/24 (unofficial and undisclosed) which is even tougher.

We already have a few DP of denials with 4/24 and high credit scores. Didn't spend enough on the card? Denied. Too many accounts opened recently? Denied. Your scores and incomes don't matter.
Agree. They are basically impossible to get approved with at this point.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by kdm31091
Agree. They are basically impossible to get approved with at this point.
Capital One probably heavily favors thin files (new to credit) over those with long, established credit. Someone just starting out with 1-2 cards in the past few months and a credit score of 720 is more likely to be approved than someone with a 820 credit score and 1-2 new cards in the last 2 years.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
Capital One probably heavily favors thin files (new to credit) over those with long, established credit. Someone just starting out with 1-2 cards in the past few months and a credit score of 720 is more likely to be approved than someone with a 820 credit score and 1-2 new cards in the last 2 years.
In addition, Capital One heavily favors those who are established but only have fair credit when compared to others.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
How funny - based on what I'm reading in this thread, it seems like Capital One won't approve you because your credit is too good. Not to mention they have these minimum underwriting standards like they're as good as Chase or something.

When your best card gives 1.5% back with no AF, you shouldn't have that kind of underwriting criteria. Nobody should even mention the Venture, as CSP blows that out of the water.

I hope they realize they get laughed at, even more so than other issuers like Discover does.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
If you get a targeted mailer, that seems like the best chance to get in with Capital One.

I was mostly able to get in via converted HSBC cards that I could product change into Savor or other ones. I don't get the startup bonus, but I have gotten recent "we miss you offers". Getting credit limit increases is also really hard.

Maybe Capital One will buy Synchrony providing another way in. I don't think Synchrony can survive on its own.

Seems like sour grapes for those who can't get the nice bonus offers, but Capital One is definitely avoiding the world of churning. Just because they don't cater to that audience doesn't mean they don't have solid options.

I really wish I got Venture back in the early days. I've heard those folks have maintained their lower annual fee with the new transfer partners and other benefits.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by rasheed
If you get a targeted mailer, that seems like the best chance to get in with Capital One.

I was mostly able to get in via converted HSBC cards that I could product change into Savor or other ones. I don't get the startup bonus, but I have gotten recent "we miss you offers". Getting credit limit increases is also really hard.

Maybe Capital One will buy Synchrony providing another way in. I don't think Synchrony can survive on its own.

Seems like sour grapes for those who can't get the nice bonus offers, but Capital One is definitely avoiding the world of churning. Just because they don't cater to that audience doesn't mean they don't have solid options.

I really wish I got Venture back in the early days. I've heard those folks have maintained their lower annual fee with the new transfer partners and other benefits.
I get tons of mailers for the Capital One Platinum card. Lucky me...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:52 pm

Have had good luck with Captial One far as requested interest rate reductions; however never bothered asking for limit increases.

FWIW you have this: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-ca...line-increase/
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:39 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Cap 1 is one of the worst. I used to receive one or two mailers a day in my box. I always threw them away. Twice, I decided to use the pre-approval codes to apply and both times the apps got rejected. I still got the mailers from time to time. What a waste of time. I does not seem the company is well managed.

But I did receive my Venture card. It was a fraud and I never applied for that card. That was after my failed applications. I guess I still had some love from them.

No experience with the actual CCs since I'm not inside the door. Bad impression all around.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by RedSun
Cap 1 is one of the worst. I used to receive one or two mailers a day in my box. I always threw them away. Twice, I decided to use the pre-approval codes to apply and both times the apps got rejected. I still got the mailers from time to time. What a waste of time. I does not seem the company is well managed.

If they include Business Reply mail envelopes in your mailers, perhaps you could return them empty.

They've been sending me Savor mailers a couple of times, but I don't feel like it does much for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.