Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fetchercity
I just got the card you're referring to. Are you sure its capped?
I have it too, saw no mention of a cap except the 1 year term limit.

I think I will check out TD when that term is up.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
$60K Purchase - Thinking to open TD Cash Rewards 5%?

I have an upcoming $60K purchase which unexpectedly, I can put on a CC. The company has to run my CC pretty quickly however, probably in like a 3 week span before an invoice is generated. A CC can only be used before the invoice is generated, not after.

I was thinking I'd put it on my SPG Amex, but today I got an offer in the mail today for this TD Cash Rewards card that offers 5% cash back in the first 6 months. It says they do upto $25K limits.

I have never gotten a TD Bank CC before, but my limits on other personal cards (Amex, Bank of America, Capital One) range from $20k - $30K. I do have a long standing business account with them but I don't see how that would matter for a personal CC.

I read the fine print and see no limit on cashback. I am assuming I can get the card in a week. Could I do multiple charges and payments of $20K within a few weeks? I recall reading people were doing this when there was that AARP 5% card.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Is the 5% on any and all purchases?
I know of a TD card that's 5% limited to dining, grocery and gas purchases as well as cable, phone and utility bill payments.
http://www.tdbank.com/personalcredit...ardscard.html#

Originally Posted by sent
I have an upcoming $60K purchase which unexpectedly, I can put on a CC. The company has to run my CC pretty quickly however, probably in like a 3 week span before an invoice is generated. A CC can only be used before the invoice is generated, not after.

I was thinking I'd put it on my SPG Amex, but today I got an offer in the mail today for this TD Cash Rewards card that offers 5% cash back in the first 6 months. It says they do upto $25K limits.

I have never gotten a TD Bank CC before, but my limits on other personal cards (Amex, Bank of America, Capital One) range from $20k - $30K. I do have a long standing business account with them but I don't see how that would matter for a personal CC.

I read the fine print and see no limit on cashback. I am assuming I can get the card in a week. Could I do multiple charges and payments of $20K within a few weeks? I recall reading people were doing this when there was that AARP 5% card.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:41 pm

today I got an offer in the mail today for this TD Cash Rewards card that offers 5% cash back in the first 6 months. It says they do upto $25K limits.
Is it targeted? Doest it contain some long rsvp code?
Old May 17, 2013, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by vodkashine
Is the 5% on any and all purchases?
I know of a TD card that's 5% limited to dining, grocery and gas purchases as well as cable, phone and utility bill payments.
http://www.tdbank.com/personalcredit...ardscard.html#
You know what, you're right. The fine fine print buried on the website defines "eligible purchases" as what you wrote. The card in the mail mentions nothing about it.

No, it didn't have any long reservation code. I guess it was just a generic mailer, darn.

Now back to debating whether to put this purchase on the Capital One Venture Card (2% back) or SPG Amex.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
You know what, you're right. The fine fine print buried on the website defines "eligible purchases" as what you wrote. The card in the mail mentions nothing about it.

No, it didn't have any long reservation code. I guess it was just a generic mailer, darn.

Now back to debating whether to put this purchase on the Capital One Venture Card (2% back) or SPG Amex.
What other cards do you have? any that give an additional perk after $xx,xxx spend a year?
Old May 17, 2013, 2:00 pm

Crap1 treats customer as guilty until proven innocent. Last it reduced CL of my oldest card (16+ years) from 500 to 300. FICO always 720+.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
My advice would be to look for some cards with generous bonuses but that have high minimum spends to get the reward. That is a lot of spend and if you can spread it over a few cards you could earn a lot of sign-up rewards.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Well, it looks like this card is legit. 5X on purchases of GCs at grocery stores will definitely work for 6 months. This is a cash generator. Can anyone who has this card confirm that this will work for the above plan?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:27 am

My brother just informed me that he has a targeted offer on his Discover card at the moment where if he spends $10K in 6 months, he gets 5% back. I have told him to dig further into the offer and see if there are limits. If it's legit, we can definitely put at least $10K of the purchase on his card and get $500.

Originally Posted by roki
What other cards do you have? any that give an additional perk after $xx,xxx spend a year?
The only one I can think of that gives a perk is the HHonors AmEx where if I spend $20K, I will be gold. But I only have maybe 3 Hilton stays I can think of for the rest of the year so I don't necessarily need this perk.

I have:

SPG Amex (main card)
Capital One Venture (main non-AmEx card)

My thoughts were to put it through the SPG Amex as that is where we redeem the most. I seem to get about 2.x cpp when I redeem so the return would be slightly higher than just putting it on the straight 2% Venture card.

I opened the following cards in January for the bonuses. It was Hilton-centric in order to book the Grand Wailea for our trip this summer. I don't really plan to use or keep any of these card for the long haul besides keeping the no-fee ones open.

US Airways MC - currently doing the $750/mo for 3 months promotion
HHonors Visa from Citi
Hawaiian Airlines from Bank of America
HHonors Amex from Amex

And I have 2 other no-fee cards that I keep only for the history (one from Bank of America, one from American Express).

But I can open something else if there is some really generous award bonus going on somewhere.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
The only one I can think of that gives a perk is the HHonors AmEx where if I spend $20K, I will be gold. ... I have SPG Amex (main card)
If you do not have gold or better, AMEX SPG gets you SPG Gold status after reaching $30K spend in one calendar year. It may take a few months to activate.
http://search.americanexpress.com/ap...EXPRESS%20GOLD
Old May 18, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by reft
If you do not have gold or better, AMEX SPG gets you SPG Gold status after reaching $30K spend in one calendar year. It may take a few months to activate.
http://search.americanexpress.com/ap...EXPRESS%20GOLD
I already have SPG Gold and either me or my husband will probably be able to get this again for next year so I'm not worried about that benefit.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
.... got a 60k upcoming spend - Id probably talk to the business and see if they can do a cash discount. Ive found many businesses offer you 5% off which would far exceed any potential program you could get.

Beyond that, I might consider cards which give you certain credit towards qualifying for elite levels with >40k spend/year. Might be helpful for you in the case that you need the extra travel oomph.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
.... got a 60k upcoming spend - Id probably talk to the business and see if they can do a cash discount. Ive found many businesses offer you 5% off which would far exceed any potential program you could get.

Beyond that, I might consider cards which give you certain credit towards qualifying for elite levels with >40k spend/year. Might be helpful for you in the case that you need the extra travel oomph.
That was the first question I asked - why would I put it on a CC when I would rather just take a discount.

For whatever reason, it's a large vendor and it doesn't work that way.

I could do the HHonors Surpass AmEx and get diamond after 40K. But I don't think Diamond is worth the 40K SPG points I'd be losing.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:26 am

That was the first question I asked - why would I put it on a CC when I would rather just take a discount.

For whatever reason, it's a large vendor and it doesn't work that way.

I could do the HHonors Surpass AmEx and get diamond after 40K. But I don't think Diamond is worth the 40K SPG points I'd be losing.
Definitely agree with that. Assuming $40K in spend, 120K HH points < 40K SPG points. To be honest for strictly miles/points purposes I'd say Chase Sapphire for 1.07 UR points or Amex PRG since you get the 15K (?) bonus after I think spending $30K would be your best bets. Other high value high spend items are Fairmont free night after 12K spend, Hilton Reserve 10K spend = one free weekend night, BA card $30K gets companion pass are some solid options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.