Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:53 am

anyone know if my dad can apply under his name, add me as an additional card, and i use my us airways number on the application? i am not sure if they actually check to see the name on the us airways app number matches the applicants name, or if they just put that in the account and approve/deny from there.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:07 pm

The 40k definitely only shows up after the statement containing the first purchase posts.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by drsaith
anyone know if my dad can apply under his name, add me as an additional card, and i use my us airways number on the application?
No. But he can redeem miles for awards in your name.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Add me to the list of those who have received 2 of these cards at the same time. … I applied on 2/11/11, used the card 4 times on 2/27, statement date 3/3 (my request during activation phone call), 35,000 bonus miles posted on 3/4/11. (Account still open.)

I applied (again) on-line on 10/10/11 and was approved after a phone call using the same explanation as tassojunior (separate spending). First use 11/3/11, first statement due 12/3/11 (my request again). I'll believe the repeat bonus once I actually get it! I’ll post if/when the bonus mile post at USAir.
Statement closed yesterday, 40,000 First Use Bonus Miles posted to DM account today.

Thank you FT, thank you again tassojunior.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:37 am

I have got this card four times now in the past year. I am nervous Barclay is going to take away the miles once they get wind of what's going on. The reason is Barclay is a British company, and those companies never give anything away for free like US companies.. When the bean counters find out, they are probably going to try and take away the miles. What do you think?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
No. But he can redeem miles for awards in your name.
applied under his name last night, put my US # on the app, instant approval, we'll see what happens after the first purchase/statement...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drsaith
applied under his name last night, put my US # on the app, instant approval, we'll see what happens after the first purchase/statement...
It is against program rules but you may get away with it as long as the computer system does not do a cross-check. However if and when the airline finds out, there is no telling what the airline might react - some may be pretty lenient, some may enforce the program rules. From others' stories, AA does not like this at all. The end result has been, all miles posted were rescinded.

This is the risk you take but better to understand the possible consequence first.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
First statement closed today, I had a qualifying purchase and my miles are already in my US Airways DM account. Nice and fast!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:40 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
I have got this card four times now in the past year. I am nervous Barclay is going to take away the miles once they get wind of what's going on. The reason is Barclay is a British company, and those companies never give anything away for free like US companies.. When the bean counters find out, they are probably going to try and take away the miles. What do you think?
How many of the four are still active?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I think I’m pretty impressed by your 4 times in one year. And I also think they might put an end to it but why not “belly up to the bar” as often as possible until that time.

If you don’t mind, 4 times in one year. All personal? Business plus personal? All in your name? Yours and spouse’s? Have you closed any of the accounts? All 4 still open? Did subsequent applications require much "explaining" to get approved?

Thanks very much.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
It is against program rules but you may get away with it as long as the computer system does not do a cross-check. However if and when the airline finds out, there is no telling what the airline might react - some may be pretty lenient, some may enforce the program rules. From others' stories, AA does not like this at all. The end result has been, all miles posted were rescinded.

This is the risk you take but better to understand the possible consequence first.
yeah, prob won't do this again knowing this now, but what's done is done. we'll see what happens, if it goes bad it was only 1 purchase to get the miles, so yeah...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
You can always try to transfer the miles. Or you can use them.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: Several dozen
Its not the bean counters that you have to worry about. I would be more concerned about what Cardinals Fang and Biggles will do when they find out. AMEX ain't the only institution that supports The Spanish Inquisition. You may get subjected to the comfy cushions and the dish rack!

Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:30 pm

Do you get the One complimentary US Airways Club day pass after you pay the annual fee at 1st card anniversary date or before that?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by michael_v
Do you get the One complimentary US Airways Club day pass after you pay the annual fee at 1st card anniversary date or before that?
I got the both the club day pass and companion certificate soon after my first use (i.e. a year before the having to pay the annual fee).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.